GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997.1 GT3 prices: coming back down finally?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 12:24 PM
richardsjames44 is on a distinguished road
997.1 GT3 prices: coming back down finally?

Do you guys think 997.1 gt3 prices will start to comeback down now that the engine issue on the 991 gt3 has been resolved?

It seemed like they jumped $5-10k after the 991 engine fire problem arose.

How much would you expect prices to drop by this December? Will they be back to pre engine fire prices?

Old 06-21-2014, 03:41 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
as long as there will not be any new 6 speed manual GT3/RS, the resale of all manual GT3s will remain strong.
I will not predict how much they will rise or drop, but for sure no big drop.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:15 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
+1

Exactly right. Only staying firm or going up as porsche raises prices on newer cars also. Gt3 will go up and RS will go up even more IMO.

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
as long as there will not be any new 6 speed manual GT3/RS, the resale of all manual GT3s will remain strong.
I will not predict how much they will rise or drop, but for sure no big drop.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
Originally Posted by TurboDogue
Exactly right. Only staying firm or going up as porsche raises prices on newer cars also. Gt3 will go up and RS will go up even more IMO.
The other issue is, that these cars are rare and becoming more so as more get to be collectables and or wrecked on the track. Since I am selling one now these issues keep coming up with potential buyers I have been talking to.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:48 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Regarding the 997.1, I'd say they will drop because they aren't as "good" as the 997.2. The .2 is more desirable. I also don't see the GT3 as being special. The RS is much more rare, raw, and a better representation of a stripped down street legal track car. The GT3 is not nearly as rare and there are plenty out there to be had.

Personally I think the 997.2 GT3 will drop as more 991 GT3 become available and people rave about how much better it is. The RS will probably take a slight hit from this but the big hit on the RS won't happen till the 991 RS comes out. Who knows what will happen then. Either way, you most likely won't see a market shift for another year or 2 because the 991 GT3 is so rare and Porsche isn't producing anymore new ones till 2015s roll out.

Basically it's a gamble. I wouldn't buy one expecting it to go up. I'd buy it to enjoy it and accept that it will depreciate like 99% of cars do. The GT3 will depreciate less than a standard 997 and the RS will depreciate less than a GT3 as history has shown.