GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

New PCCB pads: proper bed-in procedure?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 04:03 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
New PCCB pads: proper bed-in procedure?

Hey Guys,

Installed new PCCB pads and did a little research on proper bed-in. I found some information from Total911 and some information from the Porsche service manual. They have 2 different approaches to this and wondering what you guys think?

From Total911:
http://www.total911.com/how-to-bed-i...eramic-brakes/

From the Porsche Service manual:
"New brake pads require a slightly longer bedding-in period for PCCB brake discs than cast iron brake discs.
In general, the following applies: new brake pads must be worn in (bedding-in period), their optimum braking effect is therefore not reached until after a few hundred kilometres. The slightly reduced braking effect must be compensated for by increased pressure on the brake pedal. The same also applies after a brake disc change."

Also some debate on PistonHeads:
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=849818

TIA

Old 09-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Overlake will become famous soon enough
just do what PORSCHE tells you to do in writing right there in front of u. that's what i'd do. pretty much just brake when you need to break. follow the engine break-in for the first xxxx miles. ez.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Overlake
just do what PORSCHE tells you to do in writing right there in front of u. that's what i'd do. pretty much just brake when you need to break. follow the engine break-in for the first xxxx miles. ez.
And you've been successful?