GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

What a weekend...my GT3 arrived!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Great looking color combination. Enjoy!

Old 11-11-2014, 09:09 AM
tank is just really nicetank is just really nicetank is just really nicetank is just really nice
Beautiful! Exterior is just as I spec'd mine.
Congrats!

Old 11-13-2014, 03:49 AM
CTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of light
Beautiful shots! I was in the market for a 991 GT3, but I couldn't find any allocations in our region. I went with a different car though.

Congrats and enjoy in good health.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:09 PM
fergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nice
Originally Posted by CTT-QTR
Beautiful shots! I was in the market for a 991 GT3, but I couldn't find any allocations in our region. I went with a different car though.

Congrats and enjoy in good health.
Thanks Q! So... what did you get?

Old 11-14-2014, 07:40 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Thumbs up

Congrats on your new ride! Nice color!

Old 12-28-2014, 07:56 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
How's the break-in going? I hope you havn't had to put your car into winter hibernation mode just yet.

I'm at 850 miles and have decided to start giving it a few more beans every 100 miles or so. I have no idea how folks go to 2k before wringing this engine.
I've also decided to get an oil change at 1500 miles.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:08 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
fergie, It's a special kind of Hell keeping the tach below 4000.

Haku, In the past I've gone to 1000 or 2000 for the first oil chage. I think I'll use the 1000 mark, just passed 800, for this car and put in Motul 5W-40.

Five months to the Smokies

Old 12-28-2014, 08:25 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Alan C.
fergie, It's a special kind of Hell keeping the tach below 4000.

Haku, In the past I've gone to 1000 or 2000 for the first oil chage. I think I'll use the 1000 mark, just passed 800, for this car and put in Motul 5W-40.

Five months to the Smokies
Alan, my tech said to throw caution to the wind and drive the thing as you like. The one thing he insisted I take care of was to let the engine warm up before driving hard. These engines really need to be warmed up.

The 1000 mile plan to change oil sounds sensible. Its only for my peace of mind that I'll do this. Others I know are not going to bother.

Yes, the Smokies. The route planning is getting there as is possible involvement from PCNA. Details are going to be nailed down in a couple of weeks.

Btw, that GR of yours is nothing short of delicious!

Have yourself a terrific year ahead!

Old 12-28-2014, 11:16 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by fergie
Thanks! Yes, just got the Targa in August. You're reading my mind about the avatar.

Could someone clue me on how to create avatar?

Old 12-28-2014, 04:28 PM
fergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nice
Haku, my dealer has worked for Porsche and raced them for 30+ years and he told me that break-in isn't an issue with the GT3. He said they run-in the engines prior to delivery and that I could take it to the track right away if I wanted too. I've got about 600 miles on it and have only hit 9k rpm a few times. So I guess I'm babying it somewhat anyway. It's been a real treat to still be driving it in late December but I know hibernation isn't far away.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Sloopy
Could someone clue me on how to create avatar?
Go to User CP, Settings and Options, Create Avatar. Follow the instructions to upload a photo...voila!

Old 12-28-2014, 11:11 PM
T911_GT3RS will become famous soon enough
Haku, my dealer has worked for Porsche and raced them for 30+ years and he told me that break-in isn't an issue with the GT3. He said they run-in the engines prior to delivery and that I could take it to the track right away if I wanted too. I've got about 600 miles on it and have only hit 9k rpm a few times. So I guess I'm babying it somewhat anyway. It's been a real treat to still be driving it in late December but I know hibernation isn't far away.
I heard the same thing when I bought my GT3RS in 2011. They runin the engines prior to delivery. I didn't go wild with my RS but I didn't baby it either. 4 years later, this car is running better than ever. They love to sing so make them sing...

Old 12-29-2014, 01:22 PM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Go to User CP, Settings and Options, Create Avatar. Follow the instructions to upload a photo...voila!
Thanks,