GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Going rate for 05 CGT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 02:55 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Going rate for 05 CGT

Can anyone provide insight on the going rate(or good deal) is for a single owner 05 CGT w/ 3600miles and no issues? Thanks.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:02 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
whaaaat? whats wrong with your gt3... thought you were going ot keep it a while

haha....

Old 11-03-2005, 04:07 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
CGT

I have not heard much on the prices on these lately. Can't pass up a possible great opportunity but wanted to check or at least pass it on. The 3 is still fun but you know how it is....

Old 11-03-2005, 04:19 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
yes i do ... i had aspirations of getting a cgt a couple months ago, but:

1. i think the price will drop significantly over the next year

2. my insurance was outrageous

3. I like the cgt but it's not a car you ( I ) can drive around everywhere, not that I would but I dont want to drop 350K on something I cant take wherever the heck i want to take it

4. they made too damn many of them IMO

5. I love my Gt2, they made less gt2's than they made cgt's and for the $$ the gt2's are selling for it cant be beat. With minor $$ you can get the thing to scream...way beyond my driving capability....
6. At first i really liked the look/feel of it, kinda worn off now after a while and Im glad I didnt have to drop 100k in transactions/depreciation cost to learn that....

most importandly and the deciding factor #7

7. my wife said she sould leave me ..hehehehehehe

good luck buddy.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:29 PM
CGT

Thanks Ed, just what I wanted to hear. I was already sweating the details but what a car. I'm still a bit above $350K but wanted to see if anyone is hearing or knows of cars dropping below. Who knows, GT2's are still at the back of my mind...If I could just find the right one. Still pissed that I missed yours when it was available...nice ride. Take care.

Old 11-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Rams86 is on a distinguished road
Ed -

Just curious, what insurance rate were you get quoted? Do you have a clean record or did it not make a difference due to the cost of the CGT? Thanks - Brad

Old 11-03-2005, 05:13 PM
I dont have any tickets but my wife backed into someone a year or two ago and it affects both our premiums. it was around 7k-8k for 6 month premium. thats for 200/500/uninsured motorist/400k replace value limited use (less that 5k annual mileage) coverage with 5k deductible. in comparison my 03 gt2 is $800 for 6 months.... I just cant justify spending that kinda dough....regardless if i can afford it or not.

Old 11-03-2005, 05:31 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I wish you'd have gotten the CGT Eddie...

Old 11-03-2005, 07:08 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by fasteddiett

3. I like the cgt but it's not a car you ( I ) can drive around everywhere, not that I would but I dont want to drop 350K on something I cant take wherever the heck i want to take it

5. I love my Gt2, they made less gt2's than they made cgt's and for the $$ the gt2's are selling for it cant be beat. With minor $$ you can get the thing to scream...way beyond my driving capability....
6. At first i really liked the look/feel of it, kinda worn off now after a while and Im glad I didnt have to drop 100k in transactions/depreciation cost to learn that....

good luck buddy.
bla bla bla buddy u need to buy one to understand. if u can it's a must.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:12 AM
themarsman is on a distinguished road
1. I haven't seen any drop in the last few months, actually it looks to me like prices are going up.

2. You need to look at other companies, I pay under 4K a year and my wife also hit someone about a year ago.

3. Why can't you drive it around wherever you want, I do.

4. True, but the number available of new ones is shrinking fast and the warranty on a 400K vehicle is worth a lot.

5. The Gt2 is a great car but you can't compare it to the CGT it is in another world.

6. Go drive one and you won't leave without it if you can afford it.

7. I have found my wife didn't follow through with the threat when I showed up with mine!

Good Luck!

Originally posted by fasteddiett

good luck buddy.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:46 AM
CGT

The question is whether(or how much more) CGT's will continue drop in price over the next year. I realize warrantee, fewer cars/greater demand issues will factor more with time but I'd like to optimize the purchase timing if possible.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:10 PM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
If you are a GT2/3 devotee, then the CGT is the car for you. It is at a much higher level from a performance standpoint.

However, it is my belief the CGT is going to change hands often among the curious Porschephiles. Only the hardcore well heeled owners will keep the car for the long run.

You probably can pick up a used one in the mid $300,000 range. You then can scratch your itch and decide later whether to keep it.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:33 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Nick,

What's up with you these days? I see you posting less and less around here. What are you driving these days? If I recall, you had traded your red 360 Spyder for a yellow one and you had a Cayenne Turbo?

Old 11-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Nelson, how are you going to get a CGT down your driveway????

Old 11-04-2005, 01:28 PM
CGT

Hey Ken. How's that turbo? I've already factored in modifications on my driveway. However, I'm leaning more towards waiting a bit vs. pulling the trigger on the CGT.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Going rate for 05 CGT