GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Torn between GT3 and RS (Loved your advice before between GT3 and Turbo)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 11:30 AM
03LX470 is on a distinguished road
Torn between GT3 and RS (Loved your advice before between GT3 and Turbo)

Hello

Had a 2014 991 GT3 briefly. Really missed it and wanted to get back into one again. Was fortunate enough to get a 2016 GT3 RS allocation and now also have the possibility to have one of the few remaining 2016 GT3 slots.

Either car will not be tracked but will be my pride and joy and for weekend or evening road use and will be ordered with 18-way seats (unless someone can convince me otherwise).

Here's the dilemma. I like the GT3 RS - a lot. But not sure about the huge wing. Actually, the issue might be the wing support not being in body color. I juist don't know as haven't seen it in real life. Love the wide body. Surely the precision steering will be better than my GT3, etc. etc. But it will not arrive before December.

As for the GT3 I like the wider color selection, the relatively tamer looks, and the wing is just right. It will arrive September which means I can have it 3 months earlier to start enjoying!

Sales person says I am lucky to have the RS allocation, it's like having a diamond in hand, and would be crazy to walk away from it.

So I have 3 choices:

1. Take the GT3 RS

2. Take the GT3

3. Take both - drive the GT3 until the RS arrives and should hopefully not lose much due to model year 2016 (but bit concerned if 2016 GT3 will hold value as well as 2014 and 2015 as the scenario will be different now with arrival of GT3 RS)

I have not been able to reach a decision over last couple of weeks and as the time to finalize is now almost here, I am seeking advice. After reading the comments here I always find a reason or two to make a decision. This forum helped me decide on the 2014 GT3 in the first place versus a 911 Turbo.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by 03LX470; 06-14-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:34 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Just my opinion but you'd be crazy to walk from a GT3RS allocation. Get the RS and if you don't like it, flip it for a substantial profit.

Also, if you want a new GT3 with lightweight buckets you will be waiting a long time for it. Apparently they are delaying cars left and right to meet demand.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:50 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
God yes!, if you can swing it, take both!

Old 06-14-2015, 08:37 PM
slimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud of
No need to get both. You wont notice the difference if you do not track the cars. The rs is the car to get. If you pass on it, please pm me, i would love to get one.

Definitely would not walk away from a gt3 rs.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:21 AM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
If you want a really hot beast, drive it for a year and sell it for the same price you paid for it. Get GT3RS

Old 06-15-2015, 05:53 AM
StPatsDay will become famous soon enoughStPatsDay will become famous soon enough
First off, fantastic for you and surely you must be excited for delivery! Good luck on everything. I offer a few thoughts:
A. By taking delivery of the base GT3 you get to drive it and get to know the car for a few months before your RS arrives.
B. When your RS comes in, you will be in a great position to experience the difference in how the two cars feel and perform.
C. Trade-in certainly won't be a problem; the biggest cost may turn out to be the sales taxes?
D. Doing the transactions with your Porsche Dealer definitely places you in a better light; hopefully they treat you well.

Good luck!

Old 06-15-2015, 08:48 AM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
Wish I had your problem But, since there are two days in each weekend, get the one you love the most.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:38 PM
Sunny_M3 will become famous soon enoughSunny_M3 will become famous soon enough
I know this sounds crazy, but if I had the means I would buy both and keep both. Think of it this way, you'll have one to daily drive in the event you really do decide to go to the track; haha! Furthermore, having a collection of valuable Porsche GT cars can only benefit you in the future

Old 06-16-2015, 03:31 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Get the RS. In silver it looks great and very classy. The RS will hold value while the GT3 will definitely lose.

The RS allocation is a great opportunity and if you have the financial means to purchase and plan on keeping it you may make some $ in the long run.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:42 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
With the RS, I feel like your money is safe both long- and short-term. I'd imagine in the 1-2 year following launch demand will far exceed supply, especially if the reviews stay as positive as they've been

Aside from performance aspect, the RS is a far more special car. I know you said you likely won't track it, but everywhere you go it'll be a head turner...IMO more so than any previous RS

Looking long-term the RS' hold their value and I don't expect this to be any different. Of course if they release an even higher, more exclusive model (think .2 RS 4.0) you may not make a profit, but you certainly won't lose much.

Old 06-17-2015, 03:49 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
well youve already had the gt3 so you know what it is like.

rs will be less comfortable on the road and since you dont track the cars they will be identical performance on the street. the rs is the more expensive initial outlay but will hold its value better. the rs is more outlandish looking.

Old 06-17-2015, 05:01 PM
bumpinjeep is on a distinguished road
I'm just echoing what everyone else is saying but really, if you have an RS allocation, keep it. I wouldn't get both cars, seems like a hassle. Just wait for the RS to come in and drive it. You one, wont lose money on it, and two, most likely make a large profit if you're trying to flip the car quickly. Sounds like a win win situation to me.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:55 AM
petec4s is on a distinguished road
I have a 2014 GT3 and an allocation for a 2016 GT3 RS. I will get within a few dollars the price I paid for my 2014 in trade at my Porsche dealer so I'm going for the RS. The RS will be comfortable for daily driving and similar to the GT3 according to reports from various sources (Henry Catchpole of EVO). My motivation to trade up is three fold. One, a better investment as only 2000 will be built. Two, I can order the RS to include some options I sorely missed on the GT3. Three, even more fun to drive. I also love the ultra violet colour and think it will be an outstanding looking machine. As for the rear wing, I think the RS will have better rear view visibility for the driver than the GT3 since the GT3 wing cuts out the middle of the rear window while the RS wing sits near the top where rear vision isn't as critical.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:56 AM
03LX470 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the interesting suggestions.

Problem solved!

I'll wait for the RS. It will be long term keeper. For now, I have the opportunity to buy back my 2014 GT3 and will follow this option😊