6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   GT3/GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/gt3-gt2-12/)
-   -   New Owner! 2016 Agate Grey Metallic (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/gt3-gt2/371607-new-owner-2016-agate-grey-metallic.html)

alevine 08-18-2015 07:53 PM

New Owner! 2016 Agate Grey Metallic

5 Attachment(s)
Greetings! I recently purchased a new 2016 Agate Grey Metallic. I was a little nervous of the color as I thought it would be very close to my 2015 BMW M3 Mineral Grey Metallic but the colors are truly very different whereas the GT3 has much more variations. The GT3 is lighter and the color actually changes quite a bit depending on the light and conditions. Really neat. Large metallic flakes are readily visible. I am very happy as I was debating between Agate Grey or White for the GT3. Agate is a very cool color and I'm very happy with my decision as I think the color helps accentuate the lines of the car.

The car is a very highly optioned. Pretty silly as I am close to GT3RS territory but I figured I would go for it as I got spoiled with my last Porsche which was a 997.2 turbo and had a sticker of $172k! Speaking of the RS, I tried to get one but no dice. This car will certainly fill my needs as I doubt I can drive 50% of the cars potential.

So far the only mods are;
-clear side markers
-SunTek clear bra
-Llumar window tint
-RSS Center Bypass Exhaust (review in a separate post). Great mod!!!
-Blendmount for Max2 radar

I am waiting for the RSS roll cage and I will likely be just about done after that mod. The only other thing I am looking at is a carbon fiber dash piece that surrounds the chrono clock. It's really expensive but I think this will tie the carbon fiber lower dash panels and lower surround together nicely with the upper dash.

As for the car, I love it! It is so different from the 997.2 turbo which was modded to over 600hp with a Tubi race exhaust, GIAC tune, etc. That car was scary fast and I could get in trouble very, very quickly, both in good ways and bad! It had a bite and if I was messing around I needed to give it my full attention as speeds came up vey quickly. The GT3 on the other hand is much more predicable, and a lot safer too on the street. It's very manageable and I LOVE THE 9,000 RPM REDLINE! Holy cow, it's so darn addicting and even more so with the RSS exhaust. It sounds like an Indy car! The GT3 can easily be driven daily without beating you up or wearing you down. My 997.2 Turbo had Champion lowering springs and it could be pretty rough. The GT3 in comparison is a peach.

I have 400 miles on the ODO so far and can't wait to put more miles on this beautiful machine. This is my first GT3 after several turbo's and I now truly get it. I do not see myself going back to a turbo even though at times I miss the low end torque. I feel overall the GT3 is a better car for me. Heck, the 9,000 rpm and exhaust note are reason enough to switch to a GT3!

Adam

alevine 08-18-2015 07:54 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More pics!

sc170 08-18-2015 10:12 PM

Gorgeous car in and out!! Congrats!

Scott997 08-19-2015 07:18 AM

Looks Awesome!

gsxr_fvr 08-20-2015 08:38 AM

Love the color!

tommyboy214 08-20-2015 10:10 AM

Beautiful car and Agate is spectacular, possibly the best color on the 991. Enjoy life at 9K!

Marpir821 08-20-2015 02:21 PM

Wow!!!!!!:eek: Beautiful car!

alevine 08-20-2015 03:46 PM

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Much appreciated.

Yes, life at 9,000 rpm is epic and quite addicting!

D-UberCars 08-21-2015 11:22 AM

Very nice!

shonuf 08-24-2015 04:20 PM

Wow, good choice!

SpeeddemonC2 08-24-2015 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by alevine (Post 4387827)
Greetings! I recently purchased a new 2016 Agate Grey Metallic. I was a little nervous of the color as I thought it would be very close to my 2015 BMW M3 Mineral Grey Metallic but the colors are truly very different whereas the GT3 has much more variations. The GT3 is lighter and the color actually changes quite a bit depending on the light and conditions. Really neat. Large metallic flakes are readily visible. I am very happy as I was debating between Agate Grey or White for the GT3. Agate is a very cool color and I'm very happy with my decision as I think the color helps accentuate the lines of the car.

The car is a very highly optioned. Pretty silly as I am close to GT3RS territory but I figured I would go for it as I got spoiled with my last Porsche which was a 997.2 turbo and had a sticker of $172k! Speaking of the RS, I tried to get one but no dice. This car will certainly fill my needs as I doubt I can drive 50% of the cars potential.

So far the only mods are;
-clear side markers
-SunTek clear bra
-Llumar window tint
-RSS Center Bypass Exhaust (review in a separate post). Great mod!!!
-Blendmount for Max2 radar

I am waiting for the RSS roll cage and I will likely be just about done after that mod. The only other thing I am looking at is a carbon fiber dash piece that surrounds the chrono clock. It's really expensive but I think this will tie the carbon fiber lower dash panels and lower surround together nicely with the upper dash.

As for the car, I love it! It is so different from the 997.2 turbo which was modded to over 600hp with a Tubi race exhaust, GIAC tune, etc. That car was scary fast and I could get in trouble very, very quickly, both in good ways and bad! It had a bite and if I was messing around I needed to give it my full attention as speeds came up vey quickly. The GT3 on the other hand is much more predicable, and a lot safer too on the street. It's very manageable and I LOVE THE 9,000 RPM REDLINE! Holy cow, it's so darn addicting and even more so with the RSS exhaust. It sounds like an Indy car! The GT3 can easily be driven daily without beating you up or wearing you down. My 997.2 Turbo had Champion lowering springs and it could be pretty rough. The GT3 in comparison is a peach.

I have 400 miles on the ODO so far and can't wait to put more miles on this beautiful machine. This is my first GT3 after several turbo's and I now truly get it. I do not see myself going back to a turbo even though at times I miss the low end torque. I feel overall the GT3 is a better car for me. Heck, the 9,000 rpm and exhaust note are reason enough to switch to a GT3!

Adam

Beautiful car and great specs! You got the Cup2 OEM tires too! Congratulations!

albert@velosdesignwerks 09-03-2015 09:29 PM

Pure beauty! Congrats !

GMP Performance 09-14-2015 02:28 PM

Stunning color combo! Agate looks awesome on the GT3!!

ZZinger 09-23-2015 10:14 AM

Looks amazing!

Ynot 10-27-2015 10:05 PM

Wow, beautiful! Enjoy it in good health. Love the PCCBs