GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

out of state purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 03:44 PM
bhart192 is on a distinguished road
Angry out of state purchase

anyone do one of these , are you required to pay that states tax , Ga. has a no cap 8% tag fee .

Old 08-01-2017, 05:33 PM
flash80 is on a distinguished road
I don't think you're responsible for the taxes in the state of purchase. For example, in California, you can buy the car out of state without paying taxes. But, when you register the car in CA, you pay sales tax on the purchase price. Another reason it sucks to live in California.

Old 08-02-2017, 03:29 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
Done it many times. You don't pay tax in the state you purchase the car unless you take delivery there from a dealer. As you know there is no sales tax on cars purchased from an individual seller to an individual buyer in GA. Buy the car, drive it back, and when you take the paperwork in they will see it's individual to individual and you will pay no tax. That's assuming GA has not changed it's tax laws since I left in 2011.

Old 08-02-2017, 03:44 AM
bhart192 is on a distinguished road
out of state

GA has changed it tax, all car sales are taxed @ 7-8% depending what county you live in they don't call it a sales tax its a registration fee , even between individuals . so if you bring a car into GA its 7-8% to get tag and register . the dealers got this through to screw individual selling cars, even applies to family members but reduce to 2% . so if you just brought car paid seals tax in your state and move to GA. your handed a 7-8% bill. Thanks for the response didn't want to pay out of state tax then get hosed by GA.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:08 AM
hionbusa is on a distinguished road
Some states have reciprocal agreements with other states to collect their sales taxes at purschase.Example. If you are from California and buy a car from Ohio, you pay California state taxes at your purchase in Ohio. Same goes for Michigan &Ohio.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:01 AM
KenyonM is an unknown quantity at this point
I just purchased a car out of state from a dealership. They collected tax from my state and handled registration as well. They used a company called ATC that handles title, taxes and registration to out of state buyers

Old 11-12-2017, 07:42 AM
dave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nice
I'm in Colorado and bought 2 cars in Texas, one in New Mexico and one in Florida. With the exception of the New Mexico car, I paid no sales tax in those states. I did however pay in Colorado when I registered the car.

Old 11-12-2017, 05:44 PM
henryr will become famous soon enoughhenryr will become famous soon enough
oh yeah....

the new GA TAVT - title advalorem value tax (??)

what a frolicking ripoff

used to be sales tax free private party

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.