GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

xxK markup on 2018 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 01:51 PM
shamoo has a spectacular aura aboutshamoo has a spectacular aura about
Yes, you are correct. There are cars out there, but if people want them, they have to be prepared to pay a markup.

Some of them aren't high ($10K, etc) but those are generally the "weird" optioned ones.

Old 03-08-2018, 04:48 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
I concur. There are absolutely none at MSRP. I just bought mine for 12K over and that's the best deal I found.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:39 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
If you love the car get it. That markup is not bad and you won't regret it.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:17 AM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
A buddy just found one for $2k over 6sp car. Prices are back at msrp within few months

Old 03-17-2018, 07:50 PM
gago1101 is on a distinguished road
There are higher ADMs or mark ups in SoCal, but all depends on how the car is optioned, and if it is what you want. Best deal is to find MSRP, which is hard if you have joined the game late. Next best thing is to find the car you want at the lowest ADM. If this car is a low optioned car and has the "must have" options you want, then go for it. But if it is loaded, with MSRP greater than 170-180K, then I will pause.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:39 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Cars are out there and asking higher numbers, but it remains to be seen how long sellers will hold out for their flipping prices. Production appears to be higher than for prior models - although the price for 991.1 cars doesn't seem to be slipping much.

On a related note, GT3RS's are really soft. Tons of cars listed by optimistic buyers and listing brokers. Take serious note - a perfect car, collector owned with 150 miles auctioned for under $200k at Amelia Island. Maybe there were no buyers at the auction, but if THAT car sold under $200k, good luck to anyone dreaming of $225k for a more used, lesser example. Actually, newer "premium" cars were generally pretty soft, selling below expectations.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:41 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ryem3
Cars are out there and asking higher numbers, but it remains to be seen how long sellers will hold out for their flipping prices. Production appears to be higher than for prior models - although the price for 991.1 cars doesn't seem to be slipping much.

On a related note, GT3RS's are really soft. Tons of cars listed by optimistic buyers and listing brokers. Take serious note - a perfect car, collector owned with 150 miles auctioned for under $200k at Amelia Island. Maybe there were no buyers at the auction, but if THAT car sold under $200k, good luck to anyone dreaming of $225k for a more used, lesser example. Actually, newer "premium" cars were generally pretty soft, selling below expectations.
When I was looking, the GT3RS in 2016 were going closer to MSRP or at MSRP while the Gt3.1 was still commanding crazy numbers. At one point, I had a dealer call me to take their GT3RS cancelled order with a 240 plus MSRP at MSRP. I didn't fancy the color so I moved on.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:44 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a little bit confused. I have 3 friends with GT3 RS's and they all paid $50k over. Whats the real market on an RS??? I'm consider an allocation that just became available.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:51 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CPIGUY
I'm a little bit confused. I have 3 friends with GT3 RS's and they all paid $50k over. Whats the real market on an RS??? I'm consider an allocation that just became available.
Nice, 488 and a GT2RS on order. Would be curious to hear about the deal on the GT2RS... I've heard numbers as high as $250k ADM.

Question is, when did they buy their cars? The market has some facts. Overton has several GT3RS's, which have been marketed for a while in the neighborhood of $25k+ over. They don't look like they're moving. There are a lot of them on the market, take your pick of cars. I bet there are a lot of idle buyers looking to flip cars they got close to sticker. The real number is the the Gooding car. It sold for $195k including buyer's premium! That really means the car sold for $177.5k! That car had 170 miles and was a collector's car! That is a fact. Now, auctions have a couple of potential factors. Perhaps there were few interested buyers and the car sold without reserve. The flip side is that some auctions deliver very inflated prices if two buyers get into a bidding war and the price is far above "reasonable" market. For this car, orange is not an undesirable color and it would be hard to imagine a better example. A virtually new car. Seems that this buyer was perhaps very fortunate, but this is a fact about the market value of the GT3RS.

https://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/20...he-991-gt3-rs/

Interested to hear comments from fellow forum members.

Old 08-31-2018, 05:37 PM
bgshift is an unknown quantity at this point
Does your opinion still stand on the mark up today about the 15-20k?

Old 09-03-2018, 04:50 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bgshift
Does your opinion still stand on the mark up today about the 15-20k?
Not sure who this question was meant for, but I'm also in interested in knowing what deals guys are getting on GT3 RS's? It still looks like $50k over in So Cal.