Been thinking of getting new rims, Yay or Nay? - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > Porsche (Present) > GT3/GT2
Reload this Page >

Been thinking of getting new rims, Yay or Nay?

Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2
Sponsored by:

Old 03-08-2018, 06:33 PM
everydayGT3 will become famous soon enougheverydayGT3 will become famous soon enough

I'm kind of exploring out side of silver and black rims. I really like the look of the stock rims, so I'm planning on taking the stock rims and powder coating them gold. What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

Old 03-08-2018, 07:34 PM
balefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nice
I think it looks good.
but if there is any doubt, plasti dip

Old 03-11-2018, 11:37 AM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
I would do gold in a heartbeat

Old 03-11-2018, 03:38 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
That will look hot!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1891403_652923074764468_1786031057_o-1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	500.1 KB
ID:	522129  
Old 03-11-2018, 05:05 PM
bjmurph is on a distinguished road
Here's mine in Orange!!

Really liked the stark cararra white of my 997 GT3, but wanted some more bling. Powdercoated the wheels and cage in Orange. Really makes a statement, and I get lots of compliments on how great the car looks. Not for the shy or retiring though. Go you own way

Attached Images  
Old 03-11-2018, 05:36 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by everydayGT3 View Post
I'm kind of exploring out side of silver and black rims. I really like the look of the stock rims, so I'm planning on taking the stock rims and powder coating them gold. What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

Was going to do same but powder coating forged wheel is not good. Still trying to find a good place to do so.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:56 AM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
^6It all depends on the heat used for the baking process. HRE powder coats wheels all day long with their low temp method.

Also if the wheels are aluminum, you can anodize and painting is still a great option that lasts a long time.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:14 AM
Premium Sponsor
LaneS@MAcarbon has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@MAcarbon has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@MAcarbon has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@MAcarbon has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@MAcarbon has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@MAcarbon has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@MAcarbon has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@MAcarbon has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@MAcarbon has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@MAcarbon has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@MAcarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Gold would look awesome!

Twitter - www.twitter.com/macarbon
Carbon Fiber for Porsche, Ferrari, and Lamborghini
1985 Porsche 944
2010 VW Jetta TDI
Old 03-12-2018, 12:08 PM
everydayGT3 will become famous soon enougheverydayGT3 will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the awesome feedback. One guy who painted his rims actually reached out to me. His setup is really similar to mine. Here's the picture. His car looks amazing! Probably will go with the gold!

Old 03-12-2018, 04:02 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
White & Gold always works well together. I say go for it!

Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: [email protected]

Check out our Facebook Fan Page!

#1 HRE Dealer Worldwide/ Adv.1 / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Meisterschaft / TechArt / Novitec / Brabus / DPE wheels / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / D2 wheels / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / WALD / Milltek / Tubi / Champion Motorsports / RSS / BBS / Hamman / Eisenmann / KW / H&R / Nitto / Pirelli / Michelin / Dunlop / Goodyear / Falken / Continental and tons more....