Location (State):

Item Condition:

The Hunt is on for a 991.2 GT3 - Advice wanted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 07:04 PM
737Drvr is on a distinguished road
The Hunt is on for a 991.2 GT3 - Advice wanted

Hello Everyone! It's been some time since I've posted on here. I'm ready to get back into a Porsche and am actively in the market for a 991.2 GT3.

I'm looking for a manual, CCBs, lifting, sport buckets, sport chrono for lap, and satin black wheels. Those are my must haves. I also like the Leather/Alcantara option, carbon mirrors, carbon interior trim, bose, the black headlights with PDLS, etc. A nicely optioned car for sure. My color preferences are Yellow, Red, and Chalk.

I know they're not the easiest to come by right now but I have my eyes on two of them. Both are pre-owned. One is Yellow that is nicely optioned with a 173K MSRP. However, it is missing the Leather/Alcantara option and a couple of others I would like. The other contestant is a loaded Chalk car and has a 183K MSRP. Both sellers are asking north of 200K.

So, here is where I ask your advice. First, if anyone has a connection or lead on a speccable car at or within reason of MSRP, please PM me. I know this probably close to impossible but it's worth a try.
Next, the cars at hand. I like both colors on this car. I think the GT3 looks good in about any color. I like the yellow slightly better but really wish it had the Leather/Alcantara option. I have been told by many enthusiasts that the lack of leather on the dash and the color makes eventual resale more difficult. Not a bash on Yellow at all as I like it. So, the question is, would the lack of leather (standard interior) and a couple of other options make you cross this car off your list? The Chalk car. I must admit, this color has grown on me. The options on this one are spectacular. I couldn't have done much better myself. The only thing I would have added would be the red centering stripe. Not a big deal. It's a tough choice!

Here's some additional thoughts. The yellow car can be sold to me private party which would save me sales tax in Arizona (about 16K). The Chalk car I'm not sure about in this regard. Both are asking over 200K, making the yellow one's ask price a fair amount more above MSRP than the Chalks.

I know personal tastes vary but which car would you choose? Also, what do you all think a fair price (which will be above MSRP) is for each car? Thanks for reading and I look forward to your input.

Last edited by 737Drvr; 05-27-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:49 AM
BOBP is on a distinguished road
Good f*****n luck with your search lol

Old 05-28-2018, 02:50 PM
bzinsky is on a distinguished road
Helped someone find one recently, yup you’re looking at atleast $200k. He called a lot of dealers around the country. Both he and I had some connections at different porsche dealers and neither would budge.

Last edited by bzinsky; 05-28-2018 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:42 AM
737Drvr is on a distinguished road
Found One! PTS car that will be home in August. ��

Old 05-29-2018, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor
RVA Porsche is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are still looking I have one asking $193k. Here is the build.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:52 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Chalk!!!