GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Antigravity Lithium Batteries- New forum sponsor.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 03:00 PM
Former Vendor
Antigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant future
Antigravity Lithium Batteries- New forum sponsor.

Hi Everyone!

We are a new Vendor Antigravity Batteries, and specialize in Hi-Power, Lightweight Lithium-Ion Batteries.

I wanted to introduce our latest battery, the RS-30. It weighs 11 pounds, has 1200 Cranking Amps and 30 amp hours. It is the first battery that intelligently monitors its voltage and if it sees it is going to be over-discharge it will put itself to sleep, yet save enough energy to allow you to start the car again. Sort of like Built in Jump-Starting. See the video below for details.

Additionally, our batteries have the most advanced Battery Management System (BMS) available today which prevents over-discharge and over-charge as well as provides thermal protection and cell balancing to keep all the cells in an equal state of charge. This all leads to the longest life, safest operation, and offers a tremendous weight savings from 30 to 50 pounds. All this as well as having the peace of mind knowing you’ll never be left stranded with a dead battery again.

So, if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Whether its about a battery for World-Class Racing or your daily driver, Hi-Performance cars or Motorcycles. Our intention is to give you the information you need to make the most informed, best educated decision on this newer technology.

https://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/

Last edited by Antigravity Batteries; 09-21-2018 at 03:19 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 10-18-2018, 10:41 AM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute
I have had two Braille GU1R batteries & both became glorified paperweights due to discharging below a minimum threshold. I kept them both on CTEK lithium chargers. Does the RS-30 have a processor that will prevent over discharging. On one occasion, it was my fault as I had it in my 2003 Porsche 996TT which is an electronic hog. I got the car home from a track event & went to put on the CTEK a week later & it was kappooot.

Old 10-18-2018, 11:39 AM
Former Vendor
Antigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by viprklr
I have had two Braille GU1R batteries & both became glorified paperweights due to discharging below a minimum threshold. I kept them both on CTEK lithium chargers. Does the RS-30 have a processor that will prevent over discharging. On one occasion, it was my fault as I had it in my 2003 Porsche 996TT which is an electronic hog. I got the car home from a track event & went to put on the CTEK a week later & it was kappooot.
HI Vip,
I'm going to be blunt, and I know Braille is used in many racing applications, but the honest facts are that the Braille has no internal protections and they are just using battery cells which anyone can buy and going directly to the terminal without having cell balancing, overcharge protection, over-discharge protection, or thermal protection. Any company producing quality Lithium products should have those protections in place because they are what protects the battery cells inside, but even more importantly they allow for safe and correct operation of lithium batteries. Its called a BMS (Battery Management System) and its a Circuit board within the battery itself that controls input and output of the Lithium Cells keeping them from the factors I mentioned above. So though we understand Braille has a long history in racing the times have dramatically changed over the last two years and they are so behind in current technology and safety that we made it a point to come to this market... we come from the off-road side of things.

The Antigravity Batteries RS – 30, has all the protections in place to protect from exactly the scenario you encountered as well as many others. The battery actually puts itself to sleep before overdischarge or damage to the battery can occur. The RS 30 intelligently monitors how fast the battery is discharging and will put itself to sleep with enough energy to restart the car even up to 6 months after it has put itself to sleep. So you can come back and awaken the battery and start your car. Simply press the RE-START button located on the battrey. But most importantly, because our battery puts itself to sleep you cannot damage it by over-discharge. So you will not end up with a paperweight as you did with your Braille battery.

The main cause of damage to any lithium battery or even lead acid battery is due to over-discharge, that is the number one factor to damaging any battery. Often times a customer will accidentally forget to turn off their lights or leave the radio on, or keys in the ignition, or the fans won't shut off on the race car..... And this will discharge their battery below 10.5 V and damage it. The longer the period the battery sits at below 10.5 V and lower the more damage will occur..... But we have eliminated that scenario therefore you will get the longest life possible out of our batteries, expected at 8+ years.

And the final kicker is that Braille has been pulling the wool over the customer's eyes for the last couple years with their $1500 dollar to $2200 dollar batteries. And this is especially true since they have absolutely no protections inside the battery. Our battery is roughly $700 dollars retail, and will absolutely crush Braille in every respect including value for amp hours, the quality of the battery cell itself, the safety of the battery itself and the long term performance of the battery. And we are literally half the price yet offer much newer technology and better performance. Though we have been more on the off-road side of racing and may not be known to as many Street/Track people, we have been here since 2010 and do stuff like Baja, MX, SX and other forms of off-road racing.

If you have any other questions you can contact me at scott@antigravitybatteries.com or put them on the forum here.