6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   GT3/GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/gt3-gt2-12/)
-   -   RS Order Gone Wrong (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/gt3-gt2/65850-rs-order-gone-wrong.html)

mowblowgo 12-03-2006 07:00 PM

RS Order Gone Wrong

Pioneer Porsche in San Diego takes my deposit (#2 slot) and sends me an order guide. I send back my minimal "track purpose" selections and choose white. Dealer calls me yesterday and says that the dealership now will not allow me to build it. They decided to option each car themselves so they could make more money. He said take my pick;

No. 2 Black
Black full leather $2995
CDM trim strip painted exterior color $520
CDN air vent slats painted exterior color $940
CUF PCM pkg painted exterior color $2230
CXD Door entry guards carbon illuminated $1380
P16 PCM 2.1 (Navigation) $3070
P74 bi zenon headlight pkg $1090
XMJ rear center console – carbon $1625
XPA thicker steering wheel $0
XSY seat belts speed yellow $540
450 PCCB ceramic brakes $8840
CGA headlight cleaner cover ext color $215
640 sport chrono pkg plus $690
Mobile guardian satellite tracking system $1795
Perma plate protection $1995
Destinantion $815
Total $151940 plus fees

No.3
Green
Black full leather $2995
CDM trim strip ext color $520
CDN air ventslats painted ext color $940
CFX floor mats colored trim $440
CUF PCM pkg painted ext color $2230
CXD door entry guards carbon illuminated $1380
P16 PCM 2.1 (navigation) $3070
P74 bi zenon headlight pkg $1090
XME rear center console painted exterior color $730
XPA thicker steering wheel $0
450 PCCB ceramic composite brakes $8840
CGA headlight cleaner cover ext color $215
640 chrono pkg plus $690
Mobile guardian satellite tracking system $1795
Perma plate protection $1995
Destination $815
Total $154025 plus fees

Now what?

MPD47 12-03-2006 07:03 PM

Call PCNA. Dealer has your deposit and refuses to honor your build. Seems a bit rediculous to me.

Marc 12-03-2006 07:31 PM

Unreal.....sorry to here that.

ScottKelly911 12-03-2006 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by MPD47
Call PCNA. Dealer has your deposit and refuses to honor your build. Seems a bit rediculous to me.

agreed, but have your lawyer do it for you ;) a $500 dollar attourney call will be worth the $20,000 savings you get. I'm not an attourney, but I would think the moment they took your deposit on a car that hasn't been built yet, they've forfieted the right to build it to their specs and must honor yours.

turbo187 12-03-2006 08:08 PM

dude that sucks! scott is right, have your attorney call them, it will save you $$$ in the end! if i were to chose between the 2 options you listed though i would go with the black.

but i mean come on, speccing an rs with PCM:confused::confused::confused:

Josh 12-03-2006 08:11 PM

Take legal action.

Phoenix 12-03-2006 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Josh
Take legal action.

Agreed.

That is insane.

Car_Collector 12-03-2006 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Marc996Miami
Unreal.....sorry to here that.

I cant believe they are actually trying to pull that.:( I am very sorry, I would take legal action. Keep us informed on this please!

mowblowgo 12-03-2006 08:22 PM

The whole thing just caught me so off guard. Two nights ago I was imagining my very cool ride coming late Spring. Now, all I can visualize is green air vent slats. What a buzz kill! They will most likely be explaining it through their legal department.

ScottKelly911 12-03-2006 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by mowblowgo
The whole thing just caught me so off guard. Two nights ago I was imagining my very cool ride coming late Spring. Now, all I can visualize is green air vent slats. What a buzz kill! They will most likely be explaining it through their legal department.

Please keep us informed on this. We're starting to see and hear about more and more actions like this from Porsche and it's agents (dealerships). Good Luck on getting what you deserve, which is the right to spec the car as YOU choose.

LUISGT3 12-03-2006 08:34 PM

WTF is wrong with Porsche dealers in the US?

RS 197 12-03-2006 08:45 PM

I have heard worse,

A buddy of mine sent in his $1,000 deposit. Confirmed by E mail #2 on the list for an RS.

Called the dealer to spec car, they told him they refunded his deposit on his credit card. He was no longer on the list. And to top it off the dealership is going to spec the cars and let the market determine the price.

I am fairly certian that if you put down a deposit they have to honor it. It is a bi-lateral agreement that can not be broken by the dealer.

What are these dealers thinking. I guess the car business is always the car business, you would hope that there would be a little more class in a High End dealer???

To top it off, I enquired about leasing my car. My accountant said it would be a good idea to do a One Pay lease.

The dealer E mailed me the quote and it was about $400 per month more than what the Porsche web site had quoted. When I asked him about it he said that they always made "back end" money on the lilmited production cars. That was there policy and they were in the business to make money just like I am???? It would not be soo bad but the Idiot salespeople don't even know his product. I was forced to order the Wart on my car because the salesman said I had to have it to get the sport button. By the time I figured it out it was too late. The car was already in production. To top it off he could not even tell me wether the TV screen would come in the dash. He said we would not know for sure untill the car showed up. Are you kidding me, It would be way easier to pay a premion if they would take a little time to get to know there product. How hard is it to look at the order guide and figure it out.

My salseman was braging about the $19,000 swat he made on the car that came available before mine. A nice back end hit was his comment.

I personally am burned out on the whole thing.

All these JACK OFF dealers are all the same.

My Mom always told me "The greedy become the needy".

The kicker is most of these Salesman, Desk guys ,could not afford to drive a used boxter. It would be nice if we could deal with educated salespeople that did not jump from Honda to Porsche and expect to make a living.

Bring on E bay, at least you don't have to deal with the Dealership Bull****.

sharkster 12-03-2006 08:54 PM

This is really bad news:( I hope we don't see more of this stuff:(

Josh 12-03-2006 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by LUIS95993
WTF is wrong with Porsche dealers in the US?

For the most part they suck, just like PCNA.

ScottKelly911 12-03-2006 09:07 PM

Does anyone remember that company called Porsche? You know the one that sold the 959 at or near cost, simply to showcase it's prowess in technology over it's competitors at the time. I sure miss that company :(