Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo purchase

Old 02-25-2008, 07:53 PM
blkf430 has a spectacular aura aboutblkf430 has a spectacular aura about
Gallardo purchase

i'm in the process of buying a gallardo

should i get an 08 or wait for the lp550?

can the gallardo be driven on a daily basis, lets say around 20,000 miles per year

and when an order is placed how long is the waiting time for the car to be delivered?

best regards

i was considering the f430 and the R8 but leaning towards the gallardo

it will be my daily driver

Old 02-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Bmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant future
Everyone is going to tell you to wait for the Lp550. It's up to you. The '08 will be cheaper and the 550 will be faster. I know people who daily their lambo. I would think it would be fine to drive 20k/yr but don't buy it and expect to get a lot of money back in 2 years with 40k miles.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Banned
kinnsella is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blkf430
i'm in the process of buying a gallardo

should i get an 08 or wait for the lp550?

can the gallardo be driven on a daily basis, lets say around 20,000 miles per year

and when an order is placed how long is the waiting time for the car to be delivered?

best regards

i was considering the f430 and the R8 but leaning towards the gallardo

it will be my daily driver
I saw 2 R8's (and a silver Porsche GT3 RS) today on Malibu PCH in my G on the way to La Salsa (It's a fast food Mexican joint). Fugly car. Not digging the weird LED's.

You can get a 08 G with no wait. You can drive the car 20k miles a year, especially in Kuwait with all those lovely new roads. I vacationed there in 91....

However, if you are really going to put 20k miles a year on the car. Here is a suggestion.

Get a low mileage 06, same car as an 08. This will be the least costly approach. It has already taken most of the initial depreciation hit. 20k miles a year will make your car the first G to be worth $75k.

However since you live in Kuwait, I am assuming you have money to burn....pay the premium for an 09, and take the massive depreciation hit plus the mileage penalty.

Have you considered a used LP640?

Last edited by kinnsella; 02-25-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:49 AM
regarding the lp640, it's too much, it exceeds the budget allowed also, the gallardo is more suitable for daily use, better rear vision, i think its cheaper to maintain the v10.

i'm waiting to see the lp550, if its worth it than i'm going to get it.

as for getting a used car in kuwait all the gallardos that are for sale are 2004.

i'd rather have a new car with the options that i want.

what do you think of a matte black gallardo??

Old 02-26-2008, 07:25 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
regarding the lp640, it's too much, it exceeds the budget allowed also, the gallardo is more suitable for daily use, better rear vision, i think its cheaper to maintain the v10.

i'm waiting to see the lp550, if its worth it than i'm going to get it.

as for getting a used car in kuwait all the gallardos that are for sale are 2004.

i'd rather have a new car with the options that i want.

what do you think of a matte black gallardo??
matte black would look nice!
If you can wait then go with lp550 if not, the 08 is still a nice ride and you don't have to wait as long.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:04 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
If I were you, I would get a used 2004 Gallardo's that are going for 100,000usd here in Kuwait, use it for a year or two until you get bored of it and then sell it. Trust me buying a new lamborghini in Kuwait and selling it for average or high miles later on will have a huge financial curb if you are expecting it to hold its value. A prime example is a 4 year old Murcielago with 30,000 km's that was going for 36,000kd which is nearly 120,000usd. Now you might think the LP is a all new model looking at the photo's but give it 2-3 years after owning it and Lamborghini will release a all new small coupe and a new large super car aka murcielago successor.

Good luck.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:15 AM
if it was upto me i would buy a used one,

but my father is the one buying the car for me
dont worry i'm not daddy's spoiled kid, i worked really hard to deserve this type of cars
and he refuses to buy a used car.

and he gave me these options to choose from:

1, gallardo
2, f430
3, audi R8
4, aston martin db9
5, aston martin vantage

and i chose the gallardo, i'll keep the car for around 3-5 years by the time i sell it i really won't care how much i'll sell it for

Old 02-26-2008, 08:36 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Go for the F430 then, it has better resale value in Kuwait's 2nd hand market.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Mowateriology will become famous soon enoughMowateriology will become famous soon enough
the R8 is definitely not worthy to be in that list with these cars IMO!
the AMs are sweet, but i'm guessing you want something that is more sporty than luxurious, and i'm talking in terms of feel/handling + interior rather than speed.
so i think if you just limit it down to a matter of 430 vs Gallardo, then you'll be more able to focus on what YOU really WANT.

to me, the lp550 sounds like a diff car from the Gallardo .. just as much as the 430 is diff from the scud .. and as much as the SL-G was different from the Gallardo!

i would take the Gallardo without second thoughts, but that's just me.
did you drive one? if not, did you sit in one at least?

as for it being a daily driver, i'm sure that it can be one without any issues .. except for one thing: would you be willing to daily-drive a sequential? i am assuming you will go for the e-gear

Old 02-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Hernando is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Go for the F430 then, it has better resale value in Kuwait's 2nd hand market.
He doesn't care what the resale value will be.

On that note, I would just wait for the LP550. The Gallardo is already a ton of fun to drive, and they are now going to make it much better. I would wait for it. It will be unveiled in March.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Gasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the rough
In your case, hands down an LP550 or if that's too much, get a new superleggera.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:07 PM
i'll wait regarding the lp550 i hope its worth it!!

will the lp550 replace the original gallardo or not?

i'v sat in both cars, although the ferrari is more comfortable i prefer the gallardo. and for the f430 it takes about 9-12 months for it to be delievered i dont know the waiting time for the gallardo or the lp550.

all i know that which ever car i decide to purchase it will be black or matte black, with red interior and an alcantara steering wheel and the rims will also be black.

i want gallardo owners to describe their driving impression.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:14 PM
yes definitely an e-gear

i've been in a gallardo, that was chiped and had a tubi exhaust, dear god the sound is breathtaking. the moment i sat in it, its just an awesome car, the driving impression and the attention it gets, definitely better than ferrari but thats just me.

i've been to the ferrari dealership in kuwait the moment he me told that it takes 9-12 months for the car to be delivered, i told my father no way i would wait that long.

Last edited by blkf430; 02-26-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:38 PM
HWJunkie is on a distinguished road
yes definitely an e-gear

i've been in a gallardo, that was chiped and had a tubi exhaust, dear god the sound is breathtaking. the moment i sat in it, its just an awesome car, the driving impression and the attention it gets, definitely better than ferrari but thats just me.

i've been to the ferrari dealership in kuwait the moment he me told that it takes 9-12 months for the car to be delivered, i told my father no way i would wait that long.
If you place and order for an LP550/560 or whatever it's going to be called, as soon as they start taking orders, you won't see it until at least September or October at the earliest....

And one thing about driving the Gallardo e-gear that much, if you are going to be in any kind of stop and go traffic, you must put the car in neutral while stopped, otherwise the clutch doesn't disengage and you will burn thru two clutches a year.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Mowateriology will become famous soon enoughMowateriology will become famous soon enough
ill try to get a friend to chime in on this, ex-gallardo owner

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo purchase