Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo Spyder convertible top Q

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 09:46 PM
jojogoya88 is on a distinguished road
Gallardo Spyder convertible top Q

I'm new to this forum, recently my father has been in the market for a Lamborghini gallardo. We test drove one, he loved it, he took a glance at the spyder and didnt think much of it and disregarded it.

Started to talk to him today about the spyder because he loves his SL mainly because of the hardtop convertible. Its quite, he puts it down whenever he wants, and its up whenever he wants, and its quite. I try to explain to him that hardtop convertibles are nice but there heavy and IMO they dont look great.

So i showed him some pictures of the spyder, that great video of Clarkson testing the spyder and f430 spyder, and he is considering it a bit more. Its been a long time since hes had a regular convertible and thinks back about the high noise level inside the cabin because of the thin tops and not sealing correctly thus even more noise.

So heres the question, for those of you who own the Gallardo Spyder, How do you like the convertible top? if theres anything you can tell me about the spyder that you/others find unpleasing please tell me. And compared to the gallardo coupe, anything dissatisfying about it?

Thanks,

Joe (a man who hopes to live his dream by owning a Lamborghini)

Old 02-25-2008, 10:58 AM
ForceFedSTi is on a distinguished road
Well there is quite a bit of a difference in noise level between the SL and the g spyder. The spyder is LOUD no matter which way you look at it. You won't be able to hear each other talk above 3,500rpm with the top down. With the top up, it's still quite loud but you can carry on conversation and actually hear the radio (which is pointless to turn on if the top is down). My Father has NO complaints about his spyder he loves it. He has a mercedes SL too and I can tell you there is just no comparison in noise level.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:35 PM
lob12 is on a distinguished road
The headroom in the spyder (top up) is very tight compared to the coupe and will feel very tight compared to an SL hardtop. These are 2 different kind of cars that can't be compared. The SL is a safisticated gentlemens conv....the gallardo spyder us just a beast.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:20 PM
geeman14 is on a distinguished road
Spyder

I have a Spyder and love it. It is not that much louder than a coupe. Also I put a Lambo OC custom exhaust on it and still it is not too loud inside. In fact I routinely put down the rear window (if the top is up) just to listen to the engine. The car sounds that good.

No issue with top at all. It just works.

G