Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

My Weekend at UR and track ….1400+ whp!.... 9.6 Easy First Pass!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 07:37 PM
TTLambo is on a distinguished road
My Weekend at UR and track ….1400+ whp!.... 9.6 Easy First Pass!!!!!

My weekend story –

Kevin, KC (John Reed) and Underground Racing crew did it again! I have to say they step it up every time they put their hands on a new project, and this time happily it was mine!
After much awaited anticipation I was able to get away from the woman and make a quick trip to Underground this weekend to see my car on the dyno. When I got there my car was just finished getting buttoned up (for now) and my GOD did (does) it look beautiful, from the polished pipes right down to the smallest details. We have all seen their beautiful work so enough said about that.
For you who know me you know I’m a horsepower and speed freak, so down to business!
After the car was bolted back together Kevin and KC came into the shop for their final inspections and everything looked great as expected.
Now, it was time for my car and John Reed to get to work …. the car was strapped down…… John got in….. engine fired up….. then the smile started on my face thinking about 1200+hp! But, to my astonishment as I was standing there watching John Reed work I wasn’t seeing the instant BIG dyno numbers? I kept pacing back and forth looking at the numbers over and over probably driving John nuts as they slowly crept up in the 800-900 range. Well, I kept pacing and was getting a little worried and frustrated as I knew NOTHING about tuning. Finally, I had to ask John what is with these 900 hp numbers (not that they’re that bad)? He said I haven’t been adding boost to it yet I’m just fine tuning but I’m getting ready to, so I said ok like an idiot and walked away. I was relieved as you can imagine with smile on my face again waiting for BOOST! Soon after I talked to John I heard the exhaust say it is time to kick some *** and the numbers started climbing from 900 to1000-1100-1200+….. WOW! Honestly, I was happy with 1200+ knowing I would slaughter most cars with that number.
Happily, I started talking to John again praising him and Underground Racing about the great numbers the car put down and he happily said me he wasn’t finished sprinkling his magic dust as he calls it and then he made another pull, well I figured he was just fine tuning as the car screamed again but this time it said I am KING!….. I looked over at John and saw his eyes were HUGE starring at the computer and I knew I had to run over and look at the numbers.
Holy ****!!!!! 1400+ that did it for me, I was totally happy and the thing crazy thing is
the car is capable of even more he said! Well, that is the end of my dyno day!

Sadly, I have to wait to bring the car home as I’m having some “Top Secret” stuff added to it and getting it ready for the Texas mile. For inquiring minds I will mention that I took the car to the track and my first (easy) pass ran a 9.6 wait till I get a second pass! There WILL be more Underground Racing records set I assure you!

Again, I just wanted to say a BIG THANKS to Underground Racing Kevin, KC and John Reed!

*Special thanks to Matt at UR for going the extra mile getting some things done for me and the rest of the crew.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:05 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Well, not much you can say in response to a post like this LOL.....other than PLEASE share some pictures and videos with us as soon as you can.

Congrats on a sick car.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Well, not much you can say in response to a post like this LOL.....other than PLEASE share some pictures and videos with us as soon as you can.

Congrats on a sick car.
Thanks, I'm waiting for it myself! lol. I will post as soon as I can.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Johnfromjersey is on a distinguished road
amazing! I believe you but we are gonna need to see the sheets. afterall the crown is ready to be handed to the king!

congrats man!

Old 08-26-2009, 08:20 PM
SFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of light
Congratulations, well done. I will look out for your car at the Texas mile if I make it out!

Old 08-26-2009, 08:30 PM
I can't wait for the mile it will be a blast!

Old 08-26-2009, 08:47 PM
str8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TTLambo
I can't wait for the mile it will be a blast!
Are you aware that there is a Miami Mile scheduled for Oct. 1st, my friend just told me about it. That would be sick if you showed up with that bad boy!

Old 08-26-2009, 10:59 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by str8-take
Are you aware that there is a Miami Mile scheduled for Oct. 1st, my friend just told me about it. That would be sick if you showed up with that bad boy!

Old 08-27-2009, 12:07 AM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Sounds like a wicked project.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:47 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Damn, sick!

Pictures and videos please!