Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Heffner's Twin Turbo Murcielago

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 03:55 PM
eaglesbasketbal is on a distinguished road
Heffner's Twin Turbo Murcielago

Up to 1100 RWHP. Videos in link.

autoblog.com/2009/09/02/bonkers-is-relative-heffner-performance-cranks-out-the-1100-h/

Sure, there are some cars on the road more bonkers than the Lamborghini Murcielago. But not many. After all, how do you best over 570 horsepower driving all four wheels? Well, how about nearly doubling the output and channeling it all through half the wheel count? That's exactly what Heffner Performance has done with its twin-turbo upgrade for the aging raging bull. By bolting on a set of turbochargers, the Sarasota, Florida-based tuning garage has boosted the corral up to 1,100 horsepower, all driving through the rear wheels.

As you can see from the photos in the high-res image gallery below and the pair of videos after the jump, the craftsmanship looks flawless. But it's the acceleration that really boggles the mind. With that much power channeled through two wheels, we don't want to ask about the standstill sprint to 60 mph, but Heffner's given us a hint at the twin-turbo Murci's in-gear acceleration times, which is really what it all comes down to. A stock Murcielago can jump from 60 miles per hour up to 130 in 9.5 seconds. Pretty impressive, but that's just for reference. The Heff? 5.1 seconds. In 90-degree heat. With "only" 950 horsepower dialed in. With all 1,100, Heffner figures she'll do it in less than four.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-02-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:59 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

That car sounds awesome!! The shifting seemed very good considering its an E-Gear!!
Well done Heffner!!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
that is so hot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

That's one SICK Murci!!!!
Love it!

Old 09-03-2009, 12:22 AM
srtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AWD
That car sounds awesome!! The shifting seemed very good considering its an E-Gear!!
Well done Heffner!!
car is not egear, its an 03

Old 09-03-2009, 10:36 AM
JayWhy is on a distinguished road
Looks like an LP to me......even though I still think it's a 6-speed

Old 09-03-2009, 01:44 PM
srtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JayWhy
Looks like an LP to me......even though I still think it's a 6-speed
doesn't matter what it looks like to you its an 03 murci

Old 09-03-2009, 03:58 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
^Nice response guy.

Well it DOES look like an LP to me, and probably to whomever else looks at this car. The car maybe an updated 03 as well!! There are no pictures of the interior posted, so I don't know what tranny is in the car.....the car shifts faster than what I can in a 6-speed Murci, and on the dyno video it was blipping the throttle on the downshifts, exactly how an E-Gear performs.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Gasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AWD
^Nice response guy.

Well it DOES look like an LP to me, and probably to whomever else looks at this car. The car maybe an updated 03 as well!! There are no pictures of the interior posted, so I don't know what tranny is in the car.....the car shifts faster than what I can in a 6-speed Murci, and on the dyno video it was blipping the throttle on the downshifts, exactly how an E-Gear performs.
It's an 03 with a body kit. I think a IMSA kit. I believe Heffner had a thread where he talked about how the kit was put on first and he wished it was put on after he took the car apart to TT it.

I wonder if it will stay RWD. Many of the people that went RWD on their TTg's went back to AWD because with the power the car was putting down they couldn't get any grip till about 3rd gear. Of course the Murci is a different beast.

Last edited by Gasman; 09-04-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
I wonder if it will stay RWD. Many of the people that went RWD on their TTg's went back to AWD because with the power the car was putting down they couldn't get any grip till about 3rd gear. Of course the Murci is a different beast.[/quote]

that sounds sick!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 11:46 PM
I had a hard time telling what year it was as well, as Heffner was comparing the stats of a twin turbo'd Lambo that looked like an LP to the 580 hp version. But it looks like Gasman knows what he's talking about.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:48 PM
Cmon guys where's the rep at

Old 09-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Gasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by eaglesbasketbal
I had a hard time telling what year it was as well, as Heffner was comparing the stats of a twin turbo'd Lambo that looked like an LP to the 580 hp version. But it looks like Gasman knows what he's talking about.
This quote straight from Heffner:

"This car is a 2003 Murci with an IMSA body upgrade, Versace interior and IMSA centerbolt wheels. At this point we have tuned the car up to 1 bar of boost which resulted in just over 1100 rwhp. For now we are playing around on the street with the car at various boost levels and documenting the differences in performance with our trusty V Box. Today, in 90 degree heat the car pulled off a 5.10 second 60-130 at around 950 rwhp. For reference a stock 580 horsepower Murci takes around 9.5 seconds to make the leap from 60 to 130. With a little more boost it will dip into the 4 second range for sure. "

Old 09-04-2009, 08:55 PM
t0pgear is just really nicet0pgear is just really nicet0pgear is just really nicet0pgear is just really nice
Does UR have an answer to this?

Old 09-05-2009, 01:14 AM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by t0pgear
Does UR have an answer to this?
they already had a TT Murci awhile back, try a search, both very cool rides.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heffner's Twin Turbo Murcielago