6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Lamborghini (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini-41/)
-   -   Awesome lambo mechanic in the DFW area (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini/202829-awesome-lambo-mechanic-dfw-area.html)

snowrider204 02-24-2010 03:39 PM

Awesome lambo mechanic in the DFW area

I found an awesome mechanic in the DFW area. My 06 gallardo was giving me all kinds of problems with the brakes and the differential. I took it to Lamborghin Dallas 4 times and they never resolved the problem. They claimed that the brake noise was normal. The guys at Crown knew exactly what to look for and did a terrific job. Only downside was that they had it for awhile. Let me know if you want their contact info.

SpeeddemonC2 02-24-2010 04:24 PM

I would like their contact info. Can you post it please?

GT3 Chuck 02-24-2010 04:52 PM

if you are happy with their service you can post their contact info..name, address and phone..it's helpful info for other members...but since they are a non sponsor no active links to a website please

kosmo69 02-25-2010 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by snowrider204 (Post 2740907)
I found an awesome mechanic in the DFW area. My 06 gallardo was giving me all kinds of problems with the brakes and the differential. I took it to Lamborghin Dallas 4 times and they never resolved the problem. They claimed that the brake noise was normal. The guys at Crown knew exactly what to look for and did a terrific job. Only downside was that they had it for awhile. Let me know if you want their contact info.

did you car come back w/ an xtra 500miles on the odo?! JUst kidding.
are you referring to crown automotive, the wholesaler/Auction guys? thanks

snowrider204 02-25-2010 10:49 PM

Alex Body
C: 214 650-8452
W: 214 628-9910

He really knows lambos. It sounds like he knows other exotics as well.

snowrider204 02-25-2010 10:52 PM

I think that Crown has a sales department that sells high end cars. Their service department is not as tightly connected and the guys there seem to do their own thing. I'm referring specifically to their new location off of Royal & I35E. They moved into the old Lambo dealership. They were awesome.

Rfong 02-26-2010 12:03 AM

How did he solve the brake noise problem. Was it squeaky brakes?

My brakes on my 08 Gallardo squeaked and the dealer fixed them, but now they are squeaking again after 1,000 miles.

Originally Posted by snowrider204 (Post 2740907)

snowrider204 03-02-2010 02:40 PM

The dealer tried 4 times to fix my brake noise. They tried all kinds of things. I think that they chamfered the brake pads on one of the visits. It never lasted and the brake noise started right up again. The guys at crown recognized that the lambo had been raced and that the discs had uneven wear. Everyone said that you aren't supposed to resurface the discs because they are cross-drilled. But they resurfaced them in a special way. They didn't want to replace the discs because my lambo only has 4,000 miles on it. It worked.