Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Decision decision decision.... (04 Gallardo...)

Old 08-04-2010, 08:46 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
Decision decision decision.... (04 Gallardo...)

ok, i have the biggest decision to make at this moment,

1. 2004 Black Gallardo 6spd grey interior 23k miles 3m bra Larini exhaust
(brand new clutch, full service was performed)

2. 2004 Silver Gallardo E-gear blue/tan interior 9k miles 3m bra
(new clutch at 7.9k mile, 7.5k service performed by Lambo dealer)

I am a bit sarcastic about 04 e-gear having problems, also silver was my last choice of color for gallardo. especially blue/tan interior was definitely not for me (tho I see alot of gallardo with those color combo). factory exhaust is also minus since I would change it to Larini or Tubi (or others RCS..etc) But it has less mileage, looks extremely clean.

The black car is definitely the color combo I always wanted, but the seat shows its wear pretty bad.. despite the mileage the car looks super clean tho. Exhaust was plus as well as 6spd trans with fresh clutch.

Hard decision, what would other Lambo owner do if you happened to get one between two?
Price are the same, both are very reputable exotic car dealership.

Thanks.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:02 PM
emissary will become famous soon enough
Honestly, if you're going to get a Gallardo, I would hold out for one in a color combination that you really like. I also highly recommend the manual transmission over the e-gear for an '04.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:24 PM
BMWGator is on a distinguished road
If you're looking for a black exterior/gray interior, this looks like the car to get...

http://www.exoticcarsearch.com/CAR-P...05gallardo.htm

It's a 2005 model with 6 speed manual and Tubi exhaust.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:26 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
I pick choice number 1, the Black Gallardo 6 speed. You can always get the seat redone.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:34 PM
MamoVaka is an unknown quantity at this point
heard ridiculous horror stories w gallardo egear, especially pre 06

like new clutch every 6-12k miles <--- ridiculous and no excuse

my f1 system in the maserati and ferrari have done 25k and 15k on first clutch respectively and still going.. no excuse to make a system that only lasts 6k miles.. ridiculous

get the 6 speed.. besides it's a gated shifter and that is awesome

Old 08-06-2010, 07:09 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Yup, 6speed, Larni, your preffered color choice and a car thats been driven and hopefully most issues would have surfaced already and been serviced nder warranty is a big plus between the two.

Get a good PPI and if all checks out...just enjoy it. If the only negative is the wear on the seat, than I would say that issue could be rectified with minimal effort.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Banned
08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MamoVaka
heard ridiculous horror stories w gallardo egear, especially pre 06

like new clutch every 6-12k miles <--- ridiculous and no excuse

my f1 system in the maserati and ferrari have done 25k and 15k on first clutch respectively and still going.. no excuse to make a system that only lasts 6k miles.. ridiculous

get the 6 speed.. besides it's a gated shifter and that is awesome
Only the first gen clutches had an issue, by now all of them have been replaced and it common place to see 25k+ miles out of an Egear clutch. Ive got a friend with 44k on his 05 Egear, still on original clutch. Alot depends on driver, remember launching an awd car is much harder on the clutch than a rwd.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:03 AM
GTLFLA is on a distinguished road
Nah

I would not touch a lambo with that many miles unless your getting service records or know the previous owner. Be smart it doesn't cost a thing to ask for them before you pay for the vehicle. Review the service records closely!

Old 08-08-2010, 07:46 PM
derm is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GTLFLA
I would not touch a lambo with that many miles unless your getting service records or know the previous owner. Be smart it doesn't cost a thing to ask for them before you pay for the vehicle. Review the service records closely!

Is 23000 miles considered very high ??

Old 08-08-2010, 08:06 PM
GTLFLA is on a distinguished road
tru

Well its an 04 I missed that so seems about normal. I would still request the service history before I purchased it.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:13 PM
derm is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GTLFLA
Well its an 04 I missed that so seems about normal. I would still request the service history before I purchased it.
Agree, service history is Xtremely important.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:12 PM
997guardian will become famous soon enough
How much are you seeing the 04's with low miles priced at? I'm hearing people picked them up a year ago with less than 15K miles for $80K. Nowadays you can't even find them for less than $85K with low miles. Only the cars with +30K miles are going less than $85K it seems.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Banned
08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 997guardian
How much are you seeing the 04's with low miles priced at? I'm hearing people picked them up a year ago with less than 15K miles for $80K. Nowadays you can't even find them for less than $85K with low miles. Only the cars with +30K miles are going less than $85K it seems.
Yes, prices have crept up on the older gallardos..

Old 08-14-2010, 05:28 PM
GeoffM is on a distinguished road
hold out until spring/summer next year and get 05+...?