6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Lamborghini (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini-41/)
-   -   Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix: Lamborghini selected @Cortile Proiettore Macchina 2011 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini/246441-pittsburgh-vintage-grand-prix-lamborghini-selected-cortile-proiettore-macchina-2011-a.html)

Bernard Martin 06-10-2011 12:18 PM

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix: Lamborghini selected @Cortile Proiettore Macchina 2011

Each year the Cortile selects a marque or model to highlight for the annual event based upon factors such as historical significance, unique local interest, brand resurgence, etc.

History
http://pvgp2.schoolwires.net/674610128113629927/lib/674610128113629927/Cortile_Cutout_1.jpgThe Proiettore Macchina concept was introduced in 2010, the second year of the Cortile. Proiettore, in Italian, is the word for headlight. "Headlight" encapsulates our goal for Proiettore Macchina. We want to "enlighten" Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix attendees to unique and not often seen marques that have a rich and vibrant design or racing history.

Proiettore Macchina 2011: Lamborghini
After careful consideration the Proiettore Macchina for 2011 was selected to be Lamborghini.

What is the Cortile?
The Cortile is the Italian Car Show, at The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix which will again meet on July 23-24, 2011. In Italian "Cortile" translates into courtyard which is an appropriate name for our display of fine Italian machina on the 18th fairway of the Bob O'Connor Golf Course at Schenley Park. As you may know, The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is the only Vintage Race held on city streets in North America and includes some white knuckle off-camber turns brushing stone walls in s-bends downhill. If you think that's a mouthful to read you should see it in person!
http://api.ning.com:80/files/Q2c795v...D/IMG_0438.JPG

Bernard Martin 06-10-2011 12:24 PM

What is the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix?

The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Association is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization with a mission to hold a world-class vintage automotive event for charity. It is the region's premier summer event for hundreds of thousands of automotive enthusiasts in that it combines charitable fundraising with car shows and vintage sports car racing on city streets. The 2011 Race Week runs from July 15th through the 24th culminating with our 29th annual vintage races and car shows at Schenley Park on the weekend of July 23/24. Since 1983 this volunteer-driven event has raised over $2.7 million for the Autism Society of Pittsburgh & Allegheny Valley School.

DoctaM3 06-11-2011 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bernard Martin (Post 3229257)
The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Association is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization with a mission to hold a world-class vintage automotive event for charity. It is the region's premier summer event for hundreds of thousands of automotive enthusiasts in that it combines charitable fundraising with car shows and vintage sports car racing on city streets. The 2011 Race Week runs from July 15th through the 24th culminating with our 29th annual vintage races and car shows at Schenley Park on the weekend of July 23/24. Since 1983 this volunteer-driven event has raised over $2.7 million for the Autism Society of Pittsburgh & Allegheny Valley School.

bernie, was hoping the to take the new Aventador but looks like we are pushed back... Will be coming with a special surprise though... stay tuned. I am excited that Lambo is marques this year so maybe we can get the OH, NY and eastern PA guys to join in. I know some other will come nationally, but at least our local guys should show up!!!

bcarroll01 06-12-2011 11:24 AM

I heard about this event and wanted to visit this year but I will be out of town. It sounds like a great event.

Bernard Martin 06-13-2011 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by DoctaM3 (Post 3230385)
bernie, was hoping the to take the new Aventador but looks like we are pushed back... Will be coming with a special surprise though... stay tuned. I am excited that Lambo is marques this year so maybe we can get the OH, NY and eastern PA guys to join in. I know some other will come nationally, but at least our local guys should show up!!!

YouTube
That's awesome! We like surprises! Before anything else, I really want to thank you for the vid's you've taken. Hoping you can post more this summer and be sure and flag the PVGP YouTube account. (BTW, I'm also the Social Media Director for the PVGP) Keep in mind that we need to be careful with anything that is not "family" safe. The PVGP is a charity event for Autism: I've seen some great video posted but can't favorite as they've got some "language" issues in the soundtrack that aren't, well, "family friendly" <<< pass that along if you can :)

Cortile pre-show meeting
Didn't know if you knew or not but we're having a "pre-show" planning meeting this Thursday at the Pittsburgh Golf Club. This is open to all Cortile participants.

Downtown Car Show and Parade
I just got word tonight at the PVGP Car Show meeting that if enough Lambo's can show up for the parade on Wednesday we may be able to get a them in the PPG plaza (needless to say this is a great photo op) We'll be talking about this some more on Thursday nite :D

Bernard Martin 06-13-2011 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by bcarroll01 (Post 3230750)
I heard about this event and wanted to visit this year but I will be out of town. It sounds like a great event.

You know you can always send a "driver" :rolleyes:

Bernard Martin 06-13-2011 09:28 PM

Yikes! Almost forgot! Registration is OPEN. Click on this LINK to register for the Cortile

DoctaM3 06-16-2011 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bernard Martin (Post 3232236)
YouTube
That's awesome! We like surprises! Before anything else, I really want to thank you for the vid's you've taken. Hoping you can post more this summer and be sure and flag the PVGP YouTube account. (BTW, I'm also the Social Media Director for the PVGP) Keep in mind that we need to be careful with anything that is not "family" safe. The PVGP is a charity event for Autism: I've seen some great video posted but can't favorite as they've got some "language" issues in the soundtrack that aren't, well, "family friendly" <<< pass that along if you can :)

Cortile pre-show meeting
Didn't know if you knew or not but we're having a "pre-show" planning meeting this Thursday at the Pittsburgh Golf Club. This is open to all Cortile participants.

Downtown Car Show and Parade
I just got word tonight at the PVGP Car Show meeting that if enough Lambo's can show up for the parade on Wednesday we may be able to get a them in the PPG plaza (needless to say this is a great photo op) We'll be talking about this some more on Thursday nite :D

Bernie, I def want to do the downtown event too... I can try to get some other exotics esp. Lambo there... can you PM me details?

thanks.

Bernard Martin 06-23-2011 12:26 PM

Pittsburgh Downtown PVGP Parade

Sorry for the delay. Here's all the details on the Pittsburgh Downtown Car Show and Parade

Bernard Martin 06-23-2011 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by DoctaM3 (Post 3235300)
Bernie, I def want to do the downtown event too... I can try to get some other exotics esp. Lambo there... can you PM me details?

thanks.

Tried to PM you but the forum bot keeps up-ing the ante on the min number of posts I need to have before I can PM you. :rolleyes: I'm not going to just spam stuff to get the count up so, if you could, hit me up at bernardtmartin@pvgp.org
I'll get you the details & my contact info

DoctaM3 06-23-2011 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bernard Martin (Post 3241346)
Tried to PM you but the forum bot keeps up-ing the ante on the min number of posts I need to have before I can PM you. :rolleyes: I'm not going to just spam stuff to get the count up so, if you could, hit me up at bernardtmartin@pvgp.org
I'll get you the details & my contact info

Sent you a PM.