6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Lamborghini (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini-41/)
-   -   TTG Vs other Platforms on the street (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini/287815-ttg-vs-other-platforms-street.html)

300 09-30-2012 11:34 AM

TTG Vs other Platforms on the street

Here is a new thread to continue the discussion from the UR 8.3 thread

tqmonster 09-30-2012 11:58 AM

Lonely in here arent you hilarious

AverageJoe 09-30-2012 12:11 PM

Title should read "Benchracing free for all"

This issue has been beaten to death over the years. It's entertaining to hypothetize and guess and debate I guess. IMO, the TTG has the overall best combination of displacement (torque curve), power, weight (SLs are 2900ish lbs?), traction, transmission, and aero. There are cars that are better in some of those areas obviously but not better in all areas, as a whole.

The only car that comes close is the GT-R, obviously the main issue is weight, you're giving up 800-1000lbs to the TTGs. Second is power, GT-R has not made the power these cars are making (yet), the trap speeds show that. What the GT-R has going for it is its transmission which is a great equalizer.

You can really only go by events like TI (where the TTGs dominated) and street runs (where I've yet to see a 1500whp TTG beaten).

I'm pulling for the GT-Rs etc and maybe at some point in the near future someone will build one that can run with the TTGs, but we're not there yet and proabably won't be for some time.

MannschaftQ8 09-30-2012 12:26 PM

What about 1150 crank hp (1010-1020whp) Porsche vs 1050awhp GTT
if both same HP

300 09-30-2012 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by MannschaftQ8 (Post 3653293)
What about 1150 crank hp (1010-1020whp) Porsche vs 1050awhp GTT
if both same HP

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OS8gSnbMbTc

Porsche has lower CD X frontal area. Same power against a G will win every time assuming similar power curves.

Porsche is mother f u c k i n g ugly though!

300 09-30-2012 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by AverageJoe (Post 3653277)
Title should read "Benchracing free for all"

This issue has been beaten to death over the years.........
You can really only go by events like TI (where the TTGs dominated) and street runs (where I've yet to see a 1500whp TTG beaten).

I'm pulling for the GT-Rs etc and maybe at some point in the near future someone will build one that can run with the TTGs, but we're not there yet and proabably won't be for some time.

Like I said in the other thread, the blue viper with another 200 HP would have beaten the G, on an unpreped surface no less!

Shadowboost 09-30-2012 12:41 PM

Not without a clean start (both go at same time at the same level). The Gallardo pulled 2 car lengths in one gear and would have continued to pull if the race went longer

You keep missing the point. That was the first time ever that Tag drove a Gallardo TT. NO practice whatsoever.

houstonT 09-30-2012 12:53 PM

I was also at TI and raced and beat the blue Viper.
Peter

Originally Posted by Shadowboost (Post 3653306)
Not without a clean start (both go at same time at the same level). The Gallardo pulled 2 car lengths in one gear and would have continued to pull if the race went longer

You keep missing the point. That was the first time ever that Tag drove a Gallardo TT. NO practice whatsoever.

300 09-30-2012 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Shadowboost (Post 3653306)

Shadow, all I can think of when I read your posts is the Kool-aid song from the 70's and that big Kool-Aid dork jumping through the Kool Aid Banner commercial! LOL!

Tag was driving the TT G's for the whole event in case you did not watch the video.

The next thing you are going to say is Tag also has a genetic mutation that makes for a clumsy fit on the paddle shift that was not determined to be a detriment by UR's media-race screening division until AFTER the race.

How could UR have let this happen? This is the question that will haunt Kevin forever! LOL!

Shadow, post and swing from poor Kevin's nuts less so he can bust out a faster than 8.3 pass without having your fingers in the way!

300 09-30-2012 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by houstonT (Post 3653315)
I was also at TI and raced and beat the blue Viper.
Peter

Do you have the video, if so please post it.

Otherwise if a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, did it fall?

I would love to see another race with such a skilled driver as yourself puttin' a 'hurtin on the blue Viper!

Maybe I could become more objective about this situation. Please enlighten me;)

houstonT 09-30-2012 01:23 PM

Nope I don't have a video...it wasn't a race that was planned. We lined up to run for fun in the staging lanes. No tape needed anyhow, just ask Andy, the owner/driver of the GTS. He is a straight shooter and a great guy that can tell you the same....as will everyone that was in the forest and saw the tree fall.
Peter

300 09-30-2012 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by houstonT (Post 3653333)
Nope I don't have a video...it wasn't a race that was planned. We lined up to run for fun in the staging lanes. No tape needed anyhow, just ask Andy, the owner/driver of the GTS. He is a straight shooter and a great guy that can tell you the same....as will everyone that was in the forest and saw the tree fall.
Peter

Andy is great guy who is a thstraight shooter.

Hmm, Kind of creepy, but ok.

Sorry, couldn't resist big boy!

Peter's driving ability > than Tag's driving ability

I am glad we got that one out of the way!

Memphis 09-30-2012 02:40 PM

This was at TI right?

Do I think the TTG's are untouchable on the street? They are as close as they can be. I could see a big tire car with a powerglide beating one but it would have to make MUUUCH more power to make up the distance that the G would put on it initially.

300 09-30-2012 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Memphis (Post 3653375)
This was at TI right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRGHGDr0H5o

Do I think the TTG's are untouchable on the street? They are as close as they can be. I could see a big tire car with a powerglide beating one but it would have to make MUUUCH more power to make up the distance that the G would put on it initially.

Looks like SW was catching him at the end

The video camera was too close, difficult to get the proper perspective.

In the comments below, they say the Vette was making 900 RWHP when it beat SW.

Something does not add up.

Shadowboost 09-30-2012 03:25 PM

SW's clutch was done, and he was caught napping. He has an account of it somewhere, but honestly couldn't be bothered to find it.