Lotus Evora, Elise, Exige, Esprit, Seven etc.

07 Exige S for the track?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 06:34 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
White with matte black stripe down the center.

Im doing a few mods to ensure the car will hold up for track season next year but I want to leave the majority of it stock (suspension, engine) so I can eek the most of it and really make sure that I improve as a driver instead of improving the car to compensate.

I think money wise and performance wise its a good investment as a track car. I love how trackable it is stock and that was a huge reason I went this route. Wearable parts are also considerably cheaper and obviously a car that weighs so little is a lot of fun.

Can't wait to test it out next season.

Car is going to Tkx Performance tomorrow so we can start slowly doing some of the track upgrades: oil pan, gas tank, seats + harnesses, and a few bits to tighten up the suspension.

I look into the brace you mentioned as well.

Overall driving it on the street the car is a lot of fun and gets a million times more attention than my 997TT ever did.

Im glad that the 997 is finally returning to a true DD, removed the roll-bar this week, and now I'll have a dedicated track car which will make track preparation so much easier.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:44 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Sorry I havent taken any good pics, dont have a digital camera and its too cold outside lol.

But here she is on the drive back from Atlanta:

Attached Images  
Old 12-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
congrats on the car

she looks gorgeous! white is the best color for that car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEVSl5ChZ5w

and a favorite of mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAJsfp_4Kw8

Old 12-31-2009, 02:29 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by erubin
How about a 2006 with a Katana SC.
Katana SC makes even less power than Exige S because it does not have an intercooler. The only good thing about the Katana kit is that it's cheap, otherwise it's pretty weak. The only way you're going to get decent power out of that engine is if your turbocharge it. Ideally, you would do it the right way and install low compression pistons so you can run more boost with FF275hp kit, which only runs 6psi boost (any more would kill the engine due to 11:1 stock compression. I did get away with running 8-9psi on 100 octane though on mine lol). Forcedfed FF380hp car sold for $55,000 last year, not that much more than Exige S. But it's in a totally different league of performance, you can't even compare it to Exige S. Here's the link to the car I'm referring to: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...80-sale-56640/). There are also engine swaps, the most popular is Honda K20A engine swap, there is also a Ecotec engine swap offered by sector111 http://sector111.com/products/perfor...nt_stage_i.cfm)

Old 01-02-2010, 07:46 AM
I dont need to be the fastest car on the track to still have a lot of fun.

Plus I'm sure once the 2010 season starts and my dad and brother drive it I'm sure they'll start thinking about getting one as well.

Will be a lot of fun to have practically the same stock car for once so no one can complain about who has more horsepower

Old 01-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the new car, Looks sweet!
I am a track junkie, Love my Exige S/C. Best advice I can give you is...
Remove the front suspension shims. Install coilovers, then get the car corner balanced.
Slicks will be the biggest improvement get a 15 front 16 rear with wider rubber. Its like cheating lol.
You can get a smaller pulley and run a gotham tune for more power if you like.
Forced Fed is out of business so forget about a turbo kit. My car is about 250 to the wheels right now and I plan to upgrade my supercharger to the BOE kit and EFI good for 300HP. I am already running new internals too including forged Pistons. Heres the 300HP setup we are putting into my fathers Elise right now.

Heres a video of me running my friend Jims car with the same setup at Road Atlanta.
http://gallery.me.com/jimclayton#100369
It blows away my Blackwatch kit
and runs way more reliable. Please excuse the language, I lost brakes down a hill doing 125MPh lol.
If you want a couple extra HP to get you by for now, Get a De-Cat, Exhaust and headers. You will throw a check engine light with a de-cat
though, so you can buy a bypass. I can help you with that too. The ecu flash on a normally aspirated car is minimal at best, Expensive and pretty much
only will lower the RPM which the second cam comes on. I know from having mine done. The factory Airbox has proved to be more efficient than a cold air intake.
The cold air sucks up too much hot air from the engine. A green filter drop in and removal of the intake snorkle is best.

I plan to switch to the same BOE setup soon.
Heres some old video.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jerusdc#p/u/19/BsCoshkFGPA

Attached Images  

Last edited by Shawn C; 01-14-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
That's an awesome setup Shawn C! I wasn't aware that Forced Fed was out of business. I guess I haven't been following the lotustalk that much since selling my car. That's too bad though.. that was the only good turbo kit on the market and I thought it was selling well very well too. Maybe not that well lol. At least there are many other options out there...

Old 01-05-2010, 04:37 PM
jjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to behold
plenty of power to be made on the stock blower as has been mentioned.

the BOE kit looks awesome too. upgraded internals for sure. just like any other platform how fast you go depends how much money you wanna spend. i know for me the limiting factor so far is the lack of stock ecu support. with only one guy tuning and him being on the other side of the country, its a PITA.
love your car the stripe is sweet. white is the fastest color of course.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Banned
911Shark is on a distinguished road
I test drove one on a track and it was well worth the experience. Enjoy!

Old 01-10-2010, 09:20 PM
bgwilly31 is on a distinguished road
what about an atom.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by bgwilly31
what about an atom.
Not as streetable as the exige.

How is the Rossion Q1 on track ?

Old 01-11-2010, 07:53 PM
bgwilly31 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by raiyu
Not as streetable as the exige.

How is the Rossion Q1 on track ?

Havent been able to get out there yet.

but i love your color choice.

heres a few vids of your future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAfRsmpj7_w&NR=1

http://www.facebook.com/#/video/video.php?v=85022326537

Old 01-19-2010, 08:24 AM
SonicDust187 is on a distinguished road
Hey Raiyu, I saw your car this morning as I was doing a u-turn in front of the orthopedic store. Looks sharp and sounds great!!

Old 01-19-2010, 08:35 AM
The turbo?

I usually stop by the sheepshead bay theater to get a donut before work, but they didnt get their krispy kremes delivered yet today

The exige is in the shop getting ready for track season.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:36 AM
SonicDust187 is on a distinguished road
Yes, the Turbo. I was in the green Maxima trying not to run you down as I was doing my u-turn while you limped to your Turbo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 07 Exige S for the track?