Lotus Evora, Elise, Exige, Esprit, Seven etc.

Lotus Maintenance

Old 03-02-2011, 06:53 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tpup
Here's a few more pics for your "lust"

KK Moto - What went wrong with yours? I have the same car and it's been pretty trouble free. I also had an S1 Exige and an Elise Sport 190, all flogged at the track hard and all pretty good cars. I will say that if I could only have one car it would be a Porsche, they are hard to beat for an all around great car.
Wow... Now I see her in action... Not good.

(Going to glance at autotrader and ebay real quick...)

I think his experience with his Lotus is identical to mine with my 996 C2. It was an absolute nightmare until it ended with a sale/trade. Not because it was a bad model, just the individual car had problems...

Old 03-03-2011, 04:24 AM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tpup
Here's a few more pics for your "lust"

KK Moto - What went wrong with yours? I have the same car and it's been pretty trouble free. I also had an S1 Exige and an Elise Sport 190, all flogged at the track hard and all pretty good cars. I will say that if I could only have one car it would be a Porsche, they are hard to beat for an all around great car.
I'm sure you don't the exact same car because you would have probably driven it into a river..... I thought about it.

I envy your pics, that's exactly what I planned to do.

Let's see, brief list: Speedo failure X2 with a eventual new console (forever branded incorrect miles), thermostat never worked: faster you go = cooler engine = lowers rev limit = go nowhere, leaking roof, interior upholstery simply decides to fall off, electrical short to turn signal and cigarette lighter, amongst others.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:51 AM
DJH
DJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really nice
The leaking roof is a common problem but an easy fix with a simple adjustment of the windows. The other issues I have never heard of, especially the electrical ones since lotus have only 2 computers.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:51 PM
QueueCumber is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I was told by another Lotus Exige owner, that you can take your Lotus to a Toyota dealership for routine maintenance or warranty work.

Any truth to this?

Basically my choices for my next car are limited because of my location and the proximity to other dealerships. But if I could get the Lotus serviced locally, this would definitely open up my options.
I thought it was fairly cheap to maintain my Lotus Elise and Exige considering how sporty they look. Not terribly expensive compared to most exotics on the road.