6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Lotus (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lotus-136/)
-   -   Used Evora prices (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lotus/257733-used-evora-prices.html)

spooling 10-16-2011 04:31 PM

Used Evora prices

What's a fair price on a sub 5k mile evora. When are they going to start selling the automatic ips version here? My friend is interested in a preowned evora ips. But I told them its going to be almost impossible to find.

Tpup 10-16-2011 07:52 PM

The ips is just going to dealers now, it's going to be a while before you see used ones...

Lotus1 10-23-2011 04:41 PM

You won't see IPS Evora's until late December and even then only a handful will be released to North America. There's probably 30-40 Evora's w/IPS that will be released from Late December to end of March and considering there's roughly only 50 Lotus dealers in North America, some dealers won't see an IPS for some time which makes finding a used one even harder or unlikely anytime soon.

djantlive 10-24-2011 05:27 PM

an automatic evora has to be the gayest of evoras.

get a 911 PDK instead. i would rather drive a Boxster S or Cayman S PDK.

Lotus1 10-24-2011 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by djantlive (Post 3349678)
an automatic evora has to be the gayest of evoras.

get a 911 PDK instead. i would rather drive a Boxster S or Cayman S PDK.

No "gayer" (if that's a word) than a Porsche w/tiptronic but it still didn't stop consumers from buying one. I will admit that Porsche's PDK is possibly the best dual-clutch out there, hands down but if the IPS does anything close to what tiptronic did for Porsche then it will have been a success.

Having worked for Porsche for numerous years when the 993's were out then through the 996's/997's, not until the tiptronic transmission came out did Porsche start selling in the tens of thousands a year. It's all marketing though, which helped with a 20% increase in female buyers. If Lotus can come close in percentage-wise for sales then it could help the company tremendously. That's all I'm getting at.

cheungms 10-25-2011 06:23 AM

I agree that it's ultimately lame, but it's the world we live in when Paris Hilton gets an LF-A and Kim Kardashian is driving around in a F458. Money is what the car companies are after and very few with money have the interest (or skill) to work a third pedal.

Lotus4040 11-26-2011 09:54 PM

It's just a matter of time until 2010 Evoras start dropping into the 40's. As soon as this happens, I'll pick one up.

Many people refer to the Evora as what the NSX should have evolved into. Ironically, it's already priced less than later model NSXes with comparable mileage.

plastique999 11-26-2011 10:48 PM

Yea it's interesting to see how Lotus markets the Evora...they've even joined with us in LotusCupUSA race events to showcase the Evoras. The used Evora prices are already dropping rapidly.
Another odd maneuver is there upcoming release of the Lotus
Exige V6:
http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/27...s_and_rgt.html

At the LA Autoshow, the Lotus booth only displayed Evoras and a couple did have the IPS which I'm sure will sell as others have mentioned....its all about marketing.
Remember their whole new lineup of Espirits, Eterne, etc starting 2012, and the Evora will quickly be obsolete.

Troymx576 03-02-2012 10:33 PM

I have been watching prices a lot on the Evora as I might get one. I see the Evora as a 50K car and will not pay more than that for a used one. I see them go for less than 50K all day long on ebay, but they do not sell and reach the reserve. This tells me a car is only worth what someone will pay. They are just not all that fast as I test drove one and an S. The S is much better, but at 90K I was like heck no. So a used Evora or a used 911TT. A 2007 911TT will go for like 65-75 all day. Sure it is not the same year, but when comparing what you can buy used. Unless less than 50K I would not do it and even then it is a really hard thought to do it. 2007-2008 Vantage are going for 60-75. The Evora is just way over priced with a camry V6 in it, sorry, I love Lotus and have an Elise, it just is what it is. I am worried Lotus will go out of business in the future since it really only has the Evora for the next, who knows how many years. Sad to see it die like this with Danny really screwing it up. Just take the dang Evora, put the new Elan body on it, put a V8 in it or turn up boost on the V6 SC and it might sell for the prices they want for the Evora.

BklynNY 03-18-2012 09:09 AM

Evoras will be well south of $50K before the year is out and by next year finding one in the $40K range will be easy...I can see that car being worth somewhere in the mid to high $30K range within 24 months...Lotus has a master plan to launch new vehicles and once that starts Evoras will be a great buy even with a Toyota engine...one thing you can be sure of it will be reliable...there is no way I pay $50K for that car...if you do two years from now you won't be happy except when you drive it and to some that is all that matters!

Troymx576 03-18-2012 09:57 PM

I test drove the standard model and S model last year. They wanted like 90K for the S model and like 75K for the regular. I was like, nope. I see the 2011 base with options not selling for 60K with like 8 miles on them new right now. So a used one would have to go for like 50K now if a new one is 60K. The car interior was amazing compared to my Elise and the seats actually felt like seats and were very nice. Styling wise it was pretty good. Handling it felt great. Power, good lord it felt slow. Now my Elise has a SC on it and is really fast. I have a V6 MR2 that weights in at like 2300lbs with 200hp and felt faster. I think the V6 Camry motor is nice, just not for a 2800-3000lb car that costs as much as it does. It needs a SC or Turbo for that price. For the 40's thought I think it can be a good deal. My other concern for buying one is my closest dealer is 4 hours away. uggg.

I am looking at buying a new to me car and the list is Evora, 997.1TT or AM Vantage. The more I think about it the more the 997.1TT is the car to have and will do everything. The Evora can be nice to due to back seat and almost no one has one. The AM is nice because it is drop dead sexy. The 997.1tt is nice because it is stupid fast and has everything, but it is much more common as a 911. Who knows. I like my Elise and have always like the Lotus, if a deal falls in my lap that is really good then I might just have one.

clee 03-23-2012 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Troymx576 (Post 3489359)
I test drove the standard model and S model last year. They wanted like 90K for the S model and like 75K for the regular. I was like, nope. I see the 2011 base with options not selling for 60K with like 8 miles on them new right now. So a used one would have to go for like 50K now if a new one is 60K. The car interior was amazing compared to my Elise and the seats actually felt like seats and were very nice. Styling wise it was pretty good. Handling it felt great. Power, good lord it felt slow. Now my Elise has a SC on it and is really fast. I have a V6 MR2 that weights in at like 2300lbs with 200hp and felt faster. I think the V6 Camry motor is nice, just not for a 2800-3000lb car that costs as much as it does. It needs a SC or Turbo for that price. For the 40's thought I think it can be a good deal. My other concern for buying one is my closest dealer is 4 hours away. uggg.

I am looking at buying a new to me car and the list is Evora, 997.1TT or AM Vantage. The more I think about it the more the 997.1TT is the car to have and will do everything. The Evora can be nice to due to back seat and almost no one has one. The AM is nice because it is drop dead sexy. The 997.1tt is nice because it is stupid fast and has everything, but it is much more common as a 911. Who knows. I like my Elise and have always like the Lotus, if a deal falls in my lap that is really good then I might just have one.

Having driven my friend's Evora, I would say the power isn't poor, but not as much as it should be for the price. The handling is sublime but overall, I wouldn't say its the best for DD. The storage space is tiny, the rear window is almost non-existent and the back seats are a joke (similar to the 911). The Aston sounds amazing and the handling is great, but always thought it was a bit lacking on power for a $100K+ car and considering it has a 4.3L V8. For the money, the TT makes the most sense for a DD to me. (But then again, I would have a GT3 instead). :rolleyes:

986_c6 05-30-2012 12:55 AM

Ok guys...wake me up when the Evora S goes into the $40k-50k range and I will have an orange one or even the lime green one in my garage!

I know it is a Toyota powerplant, but just the fact that there aren't that many around and the looks is starting to grow on me (again, more unique that the usual coupe look) would have me consider this in a heartbeat over say a 911, or Vantage.

sabrinadaisy 08-03-2012 10:17 AM

The base price of new evora is $76100, the price of used evora depends on the condition and milage.

spooling 08-03-2012 02:52 PM

Since when is it 76? My dealer told me 67,600 today?