Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

911 owner considering buying Macan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 11:36 AM
btraer is on a distinguished road
911 owner considering buying Macan

I have a great 2015 9114S which I love. Had to put it in the shop to replace aluminum trim around the windows which had pitted. This is apparently a common problem.
While it is in the shop, the local dealer gave me a Macan S to drive and my wife fell in love with it. I actually like it also. She normally drives an Acura MDX which is a great car, just bigger and not so sporty.
We are considering getting rid of the perfectly good MDX and buying a Macan and wanted to get some feedback from Macan owners. Macan S , Macan GTS or Macan Turbo. Which provides the most bang for the buck. How easy is it to make aftermarket mods and get some more HP.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:50 PM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
It seems that most people think the GTS is the best of the bunch...

Old 06-19-2017, 08:27 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by btraer
I have a great 2015 9114S which I love. Had to put it in the shop to replace aluminum trim around the windows which had pitted. This is apparently a common problem.
While it is in the shop, the local dealer gave me a Macan S to drive and my wife fell in love with it. I actually like it also. She normally drives an Acura MDX which is a great car, just bigger and not so sporty.
We are considering getting rid of the perfectly good MDX and buying a Macan and wanted to get some feedback from Macan owners. Macan S , Macan GTS or Macan Turbo. Which provides the most bang for the buck. How easy is it to make aftermarket mods and get some more HP.
I actually just picked up a 2016 Turbo and it's a great truck. Flew to Pittsburgh and drove 20 hours back home and it is definitely a road warrior.

Definitely check one out

Name:  62E4E571-0AA8-430B-96E7-4AF31AF772F6_zpszrwpryu6.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  197.4 KB

Edwin

Old 06-19-2017, 10:46 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
We just picked Macan GTS for my wife last month. Best bang for your buck if you ask me, most of the options are standard in GTS compared to an "S" and even on turbo. We ordered it, waited few months and ever since the delivery we both love driving it. I would highly recommend it.
P.S we also have a MDX which we kept for kids activities etc and I have my 911s for my fun at the track and back road driving etc.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:15 AM
JohnAMG will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by btraer
I got bit with the Macan bug the same way. I took my 09 C4S for service in March and received a Macan for a loaner. Drove over 100 miles and loved it. I test drove the Turbo in April and ordered a Turbo PP(performance package), and waiting for delivery in mid July. General consensus is the GTS is the better value and easy to mod. However I am not an aftermarket mod kind of owner so I opt for the "factory mod".

John

Last edited by JohnAMG; 06-22-2017 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:42 AM
Radguy is on a distinguished road
I have a '15 Macan S. The GTS wasn't available at the time of purchase and the cost to upgrade to the Turbo put it out of our price range. My wife and I walked into the Porsche dealership for "just a quick look." Her first comment to me when we arrived--"OK, you've got 5 minutes, just a quick look, no test drives, then we're on our way home."

Two hours later, after SHE test drives the vehicle, after SHE sees a model on the lot that SHE likes, and after SHE negotiates with the salesman, SHE signs on the dotted line, and SHE owns a Porsche.

In the 22 years that we've been together, we've collectively owned 21 vehicles--from a Smart diesel cabriolet, to a Caddy Escalade EXT, to a Chevy Trailblazer SS, to a Corvette Z06, to a Nissan GT-R, and to a MB SL63 AMG.

Of all the vehicles we've had, I think the Macan is THE nicest all around vehicle that we've owned.

As far as aftermarket, we've got a Cobb custom tune that absolutely transforms the vehicle. The low end torque is phenomenal! Apart from that, just a mod to the airbag and more free flowing air filters. Upcoming is a Sport+ and a Porsche Sport Exhaust retrofit and that'll be it.

Recently on a trip through upstate New York to Lake Placid, on a 2 lane highway with lots of curves, a late model 'Vette came roaring up behind me obviously with the intention of blowing by me at the first opportunity. I had the cruise control set at 60 MPH and never took it off, not even for curves posted at 30 MPH. The "Vette couldn't keep up in the twisting and repeatedly had to get on the gas to catch up on the straights. Eventually, he just settled down behind me as I think he knew he couldn't get around me (we only have the standard steel suspension).

Old 07-16-2017, 03:33 PM
btraer is on a distinguished road
OK guys - bought a 2017 white GTS with black wheels and red/black interior. My wife loved the red interior much to my surprise. It's a pretty quick car for an SUV and I can always get back in the 9114S for some faster driving. Not sure what or whether I would want to modify it for more performance. I can already see that when it comes to a road trip, the Macan will win the vote hands down. Thanks for everybody's input

Old 07-18-2017, 01:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Congrats... got any pics?

Edwin

Old 07-19-2017, 05:53 AM
NFS2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Decided on the base Macan and picked up a GT4 for spirited driving.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:29 PM
porkchopious is on a distinguished road
I bought my wife a 2017 base Macan and both of us love it! She had a 2013 GL 450, which was too big for a daily driver. The Macan is much faster and has a significantly nicer interior than the Mercedes. In fact, I'm thinking about trading my 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged for a new Macan! It's that nice.

Old 10-27-2017, 04:26 PM
JohnAMG will become famous soon enough
Just picked up my Macan Turbo Performance Package last week due to the long CARB certification delay. It is a wolf in a sheep skin and I can’t wait to explore her full potential after the break in period.

John

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	522E6562-6309-4684-9161-BC84A56F4EE5.jpeg
Views:	196
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	515045   Click image for larger version

Name:	AADC6672-12C2-4A76-8537-4064730FE43A.jpeg
Views:	259
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	515046   Click image for larger version

Name:	8CB7AE97-5C4A-4F57-9CAE-438451396302.jpeg
Views:	337
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	515047   Click image for larger version

Name:	4C296232-2C0B-4040-8B49-6FB04FA6B272.jpeg
Views:	227
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	515048  
Old 10-27-2017, 06:28 PM
Juanna Knowtrooth is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JohnAMG
Just picked up my Macan Turbo Performance Package last week due to the long CARB certification delay. It is a wolf in a sheep skin and I can’t wait to explore her full potential after the break in period.

John
Wow is that a gorgeous Macan!!!! Let me know if you get tired of it someday.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:10 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Beautiful looking Macan. Congratulations and enjoy.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:40 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I recently sold my '15 C4S and my '18 Macan Turbo Perf should be in mid-Jan

Old 11-20-2017, 02:20 PM
stevej is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in the same boat as the OP, have a 6GT2 and had a little look at he Macan Turbo Performance Package model. Test drove one today, and I have to say it is a blast. I also have an Audi RS3 but I think it is time to say goodbye to that. Was surprised at how light it was to drive versus other SUV's (mini one accepted). Power was also very good. I also did the obligatory pram in boot test for family motoring and it fitted. Will keep you posted but looks like an early Xmas present is on the cards.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.