Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

My new Italian girlfriend - Maserati GTC-S

Old 05-03-2013, 12:16 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
My new Italian girlfriend - Maserati GTC-S

I've been looking for a convertible for awhile.

I wanted four seat capability, so my shopping list consisted of Turbo S Cab (kinda/sorta four seats), M6 Vert, and (just off my radar was a) Maserati.

I was flirting hard with a couple dealers on 997 TTS Cabs but just couldn't quite pull the trigger. A stupendous car to be sure, but I wasn't feeling the exhaust note, the reports of road noise, and the somewhat German-ness of the interior.

Likewise, the M6 is a wonderful car, but we have two BMW's in the house and I was concerned about having essentially a drop top version of my wife's 550i.

About three weeks ago, I was at a stop light in my FGT waiting to turn left as a new/er Maserati coupe passed me on the gas.. the sound was intoxicating.

I was sold.

Fast forward three weeks and this arrived to join my little herd of vehicles - a new 2012 Granturismo Convertible Sport.

It's stunning to look at, to listen to, and she drives very nicely (all 20 miles I could put on before dark). Certainly not as quick as either a TTS or an M6 vert, she's quick-ish, has room for four real human beings, and is a perfect fit for my wants/needs.

I briefly considered the 2013 Sport as well as the 2013 MC Vert.. I didn't go that way as I don't personally prefer the new bumper design of the Sport/MC and wasn't after the harder suspended/more stylized exterior of the MC. I can see the appeal of the MC - it's quite a car, but I've got the 'sports car' angle covered already. The 2012 Sport was the best balance of design/comfort and let's face it, value.

She arrived last night from Ohio. Delivery was classy and problem free.

:cheers:

'Non-Sport' mode video: Sorry for the shakes..iPhone+freezing=shaking
http://s93.photobucket.com/user/HIRI...tml?sort=3&o=1

Attached Images           

Last edited by HIRISC; 05-03-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Chris, it's GORGEOUS!!! Funnily enough, I've also been looking at the Mas GT. Damn, what a fine car!

Old 05-03-2013, 01:28 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Superfly
Chris, it's GORGEOUS!!! Funnily enough, I've also been looking at the Mas GT. Damn, what a fine car!
Thanks Pro!

Oh, the sounds it makes!!

Old 05-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Wattz is on a distinguished road
Wow. Just beautiful.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:08 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Congratulations! I too, prefer the non-smiley face 2012. Very nice acquisition.
Oh- psst! Larini Exhaust...

Old 07-10-2013, 05:24 AM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
Tie open the valves on the mufflers with a zip tie so it doesn't just sound good above 3k but everywhere.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:07 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur
Tie open the valves on the mufflers with a zip tie so it doesn't just sound good above 3k but everywhere.
Any chance you could just remove a fuse?

Chris - Love the car. Looks and sounds amazing.

PS - It looks really good in my driveway.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:13 AM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
^no. I first looked for this approach but it does not exist. It is as simple as laying on your back, reaching up and wrapping a zip tie around the valve. sounds fantastic at idle and normal driving speeds

Old 07-13-2013, 04:05 PM
projekt_c32 is on a distinguished road
she's hott

Old 07-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Thanks guys.. I'm loving her.

Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur
^no. I first looked for this approach but it does not exist. It is as simple as laying on your back, reaching up and wrapping a zip tie around the valve. sounds fantastic at idle and normal driving speeds
Sport/Manual mode opens the exhaust at all RPM's.. only catch is the car has to be in gear - aka, no revving in Park.

One of the reasons I didn't buy an MC is that I wanted the car to be 'quieter' at times (like when I start it at 6am and my son is still sleeping).

Most of the time now I drive in Sport/Auto mode.. loud above 2600 or so RPM's and quiet the rest of the time.

It's a 'gentleman's car' remember

Old 08-23-2013, 12:41 PM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
Do you need a Swedish GF? You have fabulous taste in cars!!!

Old 08-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Karen England
Do you need a Swedish GF? You have fabulous taste in cars!!!
Thought you were English?

Old 08-24-2013, 10:32 AM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
LOVE the car!!

Last edited by 911Konigin; 10-05-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:20 PM
NineEreven is a jewel in the roughNineEreven is a jewel in the roughNineEreven is a jewel in the rough
I live next to porsche of the village and work near beechmont. I have seen that exact car in person! It is a beaut. Enjoy it

Old 08-29-2013, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by NancyWelch
That is absolutely one hell of a car..absolutely mind blowing...loved the pictures..
Originally Posted by NineEreven
I live next to porsche of the village and work near beechmont. I have seen that exact car in person! It is a beaut. Enjoy it
Thanks.. I am!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new Italian girlfriend - Maserati GTC-S