Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

Quattroporte Brake Rotors Stuck

Old 01-10-2015, 09:54 AM
tcbquattroporte is on a distinguished road
Quattroporte Brake Rotors Stuck

As I am over 500 miles from the nearest dealer, I do most of my own work on my 2006 QP. Recently I determined that I needed to change the brake pads and once I had the tires off, it appeared that I needed to resurface the rotors as well, since they had some very shallow grooves in them and I didn't want to replace the pads without doing the rotors. However, I cannot seem to be able to get the rotors off of the car! I took all four calipers off and tied them up out of the way, removed the two hex-head bolts that were installed between the lug bolt holes on the face of the rotor center, and tried pulling the rotors off with no success. Next, after checking from behind the rotors to be sure that there was nothing that appeared to be still holding the rotor on, I tried using a soft-faced dead-blow hammer from the rear of the rotor, again with no success. I cannot see that there is anything else holding the rotor on, so I am going to try using some penetrating oil on them next. Has anyone here swapped their rotors themselves, and did you have any problem? Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:17 PM
edes300 is on a distinguished road
Consider using a brake rotor puller. You can buy one from OTC tools. You may be able to rent one from an auto parts store.

Old 03-07-2015, 10:04 PM
tcbquattroporte is on a distinguished road
Got them off after soaking the rotors with knocker loose. Thanks.