McLaren MP4-12C, SLR, F1, P1, P13

Used 12C Spider vs New 570s

Old 08-19-2017, 06:53 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
can you get the 12 year warranty and the updated tune on a 2012-13 12c?

Old 10-22-2017, 08:07 AM
Lfsglass is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by SethW
I also think there is no wrong decision here. I have a 2013 12C Spyder that I picked up for 170K. it was 324 new. I think you have to think that the 570 will depreciate like hell and you might not have the same issue on the 12C. Looks are subjective, and leave that to the beholder.
I agree...

IMO the 12c is a better car and it has already taken the major depreciation blow. The 570 will likely drop in value below the 12c within the next few years. Whichever you choose, I suggest you purchase a vehicle with a remaining factory warranty, otherwise McLaren will require you to fix/repair/replace anything they see unfit prior to allowing you to reinstate the expired warranty.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:11 AM
Lfsglass is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
can you get the 12 year warranty and the updated tune on a 2012-13 12c?
The updates, which include the updated tune, are available for all 12c's however I would be learey of any 12c that has already received this update as it should be part of the annual service. I would not consider purchasing any exotic that has not been serviced regularly/properly.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:43 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
Originally Posted by carbon///m
So there is some inaccurate information posted here. As an actual 12c owner who made the same choice a while ago I'll provide some facts.

The 12c is actually a very reliable car. There are a couple small things which were however addressed in the early cars through warranty. If shopping for one Id just check they had been done. e.g. LCD temperature screen dim - replaced w an updated part, IRIS replaced w IRIS 2 which improved the radio etc. Nothing critical. If searching used the advantage is a lot of the used cars have the updated parts already via warranty.

Also McLaren allows you to extend the warranty to 12 years. They won't do that if they were unreliable cars. The video of Rob;s post I've been on the forums for a while now and never seen a steering rack go. You need to realize Rob's cars are exotic rentals. Think about how those cars are treated. I would not base conclusions based on his video.

Now 570 vs. 12c. For me the choice was 12c because its the more advanced car at a cheaper price that has already taken its largest depreciation hit. the 12c/650s are in a series above (super series vs. sport series). So what is the main difference - two big items the very advanced suspension in the 12c/650s and active aero / airbrake which is cool as hell and very functional.

Both great cars, but both can be had w warranty. Just depends what you are looking for. Oh McLaren also updated the Mp4-12c in 2014 with a free factory tune that takes the car to 625hp and updated many of the driving characteristics to allow it to drift etc. which early reviewers wanted.

Im very happy w mine. good luck. You'll be very happy with either the 570 or 12c.
I second this post as another 12C owner. 10k plus miles on my 12C in the last 3 years and I am yet to take it to the dealer for anything other than regular service. The only one item that was replaced under warranty was a "not so bright" LED indicator in the door that was changed to the "brighter" ones.
I had a deposit for 570S but at the end I went for 12C because of Hydraulic active suspension, active aero and airbrake that were important to me.

Note, I didn't call the suspension a "magnetic" one