Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

New to this fourm need help for my new car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 02:14 PM
ajkinc22 is on a distinguished road
New to this fourm need help for my new car

hey my name is ali i am new to this site. So currently i have a bmw650 convertible as my daily drive which i will be giving to my mother because i am looking to get a new car. My budget is 100k here is what i am really intrested in but i need help on what to decide on.
Audi r8 2008-09
mercedes clk63 amg black series perferably all hooked up
nissan gtr 2009-11

i really love the clk but i cant decide between the 3 whatever i do get i am probably just going to change exhaust and acouple other little mods what do you guys think is the best choice and why and if someone has more then when which do you like more thanks

Old 09-26-2010, 05:48 PM
GENTANI will become famous soon enough
They are all good. See if you can ride in any of them first.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:41 PM
ok thanks i am going to look this week i dont think there are any clk63 around new york to take a ride in if anyone has one that i cant just look in i would appreciate it

Old 09-26-2010, 08:49 PM
SigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ajkinc22
ok thanks i am going to look this week i dont think there are any clk63 around new york to take a ride in if anyone has one that i cant just look in i would appreciate it
As a DD id go with the R8, AWD, VERY comfortable and you can find a lightly pre-owned one for 90-100K easily

Old 09-26-2010, 08:50 PM
thanks i really appreciate that

Old 09-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Nava405 is on a distinguished road
i wouldn't even put a 63 amg blk on the same line with GTR, the 63blk is a nicer car. However, i don't think it'll be a good daily drive. Personally a car like 63blk , i would keep it as a 2nd car. R8 will be a better dd, but since i always have bad luck with Audi, so can't say much about it.

for 100k budget, why don't u look into porsches? also other AMGs might be more common, but will be a better dd.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:14 PM
honestly i dont like to drive manuel so i dont know about porsche but what other amgs do you have in mind i would think a cl63 or a e63 i feel like i would go crazy in the gtr im just undecided i like all the cars in different ways what porches or amgs do you have in mind

Old 09-26-2010, 10:53 PM
SigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to behold
honestly i dont like to drive manuel so i dont know about porsche but what other amgs do you have in mind i would think a cl63 or a e63 i feel like i would go crazy in the gtr im just undecided i like all the cars in different ways what porches or amgs do you have in mind
Well the E63 is a huge four door sedan (Well ok not huge) and the CL is a GT car. the GTR is a great car but can be a little underwhelming as a WOW factor. for Porsche? 911 C4S is a great car! for the amgs? SL63, or a CLK63 is a good car. In the end see how they drive. If your serious most dealers will be more than willing to let you drive one

Old 09-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Torn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud of
r8 as a DD. No questions about it. To be honest tho, it's really about which of the three you prefer and makes you happy to drive! Its a feeling, nobody can replicate for you

Old 09-27-2010, 05:42 AM
Condor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud of
Out of all the cars you posted the CLK BLK is the best, however it's not a good daily driver.

Have you considered a 997 Turbo??

This would have to be on the list???

Old 09-27-2010, 09:18 AM
well as i said befor not a fan of manual so i havent really thought anything about porsche and what do you mean about "GTR is a great car but can be a little underwhelming as a WOW factor" ?????

Old 09-27-2010, 11:11 AM
well as i said befor not a fan of manual so i havent really thought anything about porsche and what do you mean about "GTR is a great car but can be a little underwhelming as a WOW factor" ?????
You can always go Doppelkupplungschaltgetriebe lol PDK is a paddle shifter version. I always laugh at that word...

Old 09-27-2010, 01:45 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
I don think r8 is a good dd. You will scrape every time you drive up a ramp. The clutch will also not like the ny traffic.

Clk 63 is the best choice. It's also got back seats (if you don't go for blk series).

Gtr looks and sounds like a typical Japanese car. While performance is good, I don't think it will impress any one over 30 yo.

A 911 with pdk would be your other choice.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by djantlive
I don think r8 is a good dd. You will scrape every time you drive up a ramp. The clutch will also not like the ny traffic.

Clk 63 is the best choice. It's also got back seats (if you don't go for blk series).

Gtr looks and sounds like a typical Japanese car. While performance is good, I don't think it will impress any one over 30 yo.

A 911 with pdk would be your other choice.
The front bumper isnt that bad, also it has front end lift I have driven my buddies for a good 3 weeks in the boston area and it was a R-Tronic, and as long as you bump it into N when your sitting its just fine. CLK63 s a great car but compared to the other ones its abit... mundane.. and i think not really in the same class as the other cars (unless its the BS but that can be a little uncompromising. the thing I have about the 911TT is that while its a amazing performer it doesnt give me the WOW feeling. The R8 does, as does the GTR (more so than the 911) but once again as it has been echoed by many its your call and your money, drive em and see what u like!

Old 09-27-2010, 02:09 PM
if i would go with the clk it would only be the black series i feel like your right about the gtr idk i just feel like i would like the clk63 bs out of all of them and honestly i dont need back seats i dont really travel with more than one person and in my 650 no one can sit behind me anyway because i am 6'3 and my seat touches the back seat lol also i am only 20 and i feel like the r8 might be too much and i think the clk63 bs looks better than the gtr

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to this fourm need help for my new car