Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

Rosarito Beach Ocean View Home 4 Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 03:10 PM
feroz928 is on a distinguished road
Rosarito Beach Ocean View Home 4 Sale

We are selling our ocean view home in Rosarito Beach Baja California. It is located about 15 miles south of the town of Rosarito Beach and within walking distance of Lobster Village. The house is approximately 2K sq feet. It has two bedrooms and two full baths. The kitched is all stainless steel with an open floor plan and the dish washer is a Bosch. The house is completely furnished, with custom made beds, fireplace screen, Washer & Dryer, and a cellar that can be converted into a wine cellar. The house has forced air heating, multiple over head fans, pleanty of storage space, a patio and balcony. Photos are available @ www.marinarealty.com.mx/images/fotos/RES-135.jpg. It is located in a gated community. We just lowered the price from $179,500.00 to $164,500.00. I might be convinced to swap it for a exotic car of equal value Not sure how the Mrs. would feel Thanks for reading this post.

Last edited by feroz928; 03-20-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:22 PM
mr2gork is on a distinguished road
pardon my ignorance... but this seems like a STEAL?! i've heard of people paying more for tiny apartments in california... i've looked at houses here in MO and KS that aren't as nice as this appears to be, let alone CLOSE TO THE OCEAN... and NO SNOW!

Old 03-24-2008, 11:40 PM
LeNoah is on a distinguished road
It's in Mexico!!!!

Old 03-25-2008, 12:30 AM
mr2gork is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LeNoah
It's in Mexico!!!!

Old 03-25-2008, 01:22 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mr2gork

Old 03-25-2008, 08:40 AM
I read an article recently indicating that more then 50K Americans reside in Mexico between the Mexican / US border and the city of Ensenada. The real estate in Mexico is very affordable and there are many cities in the country of Mexico that have large American communities. We have many retired Americans as neighbors. You get more house for the buck, the cost of living is less expensive and good medical and dental care is affordable. It takes 30 minutes to get to our house from the border. Rosarito just opened their first Home Depot, and by next summer there will be Wal-Mart. These homes are good places to retire or maintain as vacation homes However, Mexcio is not for everyone

Old 03-25-2008, 09:38 PM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
I think I remember which neighborhood your place is in.

What are your association dues? Is this a land lease? Or do you retain title? I live near the boarder and have always been interested, but have understood that non mexican nationals can't own waterfront or near property without the risk of repo. As an owner, what is your understanding of these laws?

Do you rent it out when you aren't there?

Old 03-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Japanese Exotic ;)
Curtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by turbomx5

What are your association dues? Is this a land lease? Or do you retain title? I live near the boarder and have always been interested, but have understood that non mexican nationals can't own waterfront or near property without the risk of repo. As an owner, what is your understanding of these laws?

matt, i'll bring the beer if you buy the pad.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:30 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Why no pictures of the home itself in the ad?... Do you have more pictures available?

Old 03-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by turbomx5

The house is on leased land, we did our due dilligence and decided to purchase a home on lease land as opposed to going with a bank trust. Our monthly cost to the park is $209.00 and they will go up to $240.00 to the new owners. You are correct, non Mexican citizens can not own property in the Ferderal Zone. 99% of beach property is Federal Zone. We looked into a bank trust which can get very expensive, and IMHO has no real value or protection. Of course, that is my opinion. Purchasing property outside of the US is always a risk. One of the reasons that we choose this park 5 years ago is because we spoke with some of the other Americans who owned homes there, and some of them have lived in our park for over 40 years. The neighbors immediate north to our home have been there for 30 years.

No, we do not and we have never rented our home. We have kept it in the family only. I posted the photos from the realtor's web site and they don't have any exterior shots. We are going down in a couple of weeks, I'll take some exterior shots. Thanks for the questions.

Last edited by feroz928; 03-28-2008 at 08:44 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-31-2008, 01:28 PM
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by mr2gork
lol i was thinking the same thing when i first read the add i thought it was in soCal

Old 03-31-2008, 10:31 PM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
I have a house next to Las Gaviotas........your price sounds more than reasonable.....good luck...I love Baja....

Old 04-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Turbochris
I have a house next to Las Gaviotas........your price sounds more than reasonable.....good luck...I love Baja....
Hey Neighbor,
Thanks for the good words I was at Ortegas (Puerto Nuevo) a few weeks ago, and there were a couple of P-cars. I spoke to the owners, and they said something about having some kind of Porsche event there Could be fun