6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Merchandise For Sale / Wanted (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/merchandise-sale-wanted-53/)
-   -   AUTHENTIC CHP 11-99 Frame for Sale (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/merchandise-sale-wanted/146570-authentic-chp-11-99-frame-sale.html)

trojanman 10-02-2008 12:16 PM

AUTHENTIC CHP 11-99 Frame for Sale

Someone else posted a similar ad a few weeks ago and took a pretty bad beating from you guys.

Now that the flaming should be out of your systems, please DO NOT respond to this thread with flames or criticism.

FOR $PRICE$ PLEASE SCROLL TO BOTTOM.

To answer a few questions:

Q1. Why am I selling?
A1. As many of you may know, about 2 years ago I became a reserve police officer. Since I can pretty much always get out of a ticket anyway now, I have no need to keep this puppy on my car.

Q2. Is this thing legitimate?
A2. Yes, it is the real deal - AUTHENTIC from the 11-99 foundation.

Q3. Does the badge and/or wall plaque come with it?
A3. No. Because they are personalized, they would do you no good.

Q4. Don't I need the badge to prove my membership if asked by a CHP officer? I read a story on 6speed that some guy didn't have the badge and got into some deep s**t.
A4. First, 11-99 is a private non profit organization, NOT a government entity. The license frame is simply a gift for making a cash donation. It is NOT illegal in any way, shape, or form to possess this frame, nor does possession imply any special privilege. CHP or any other law enforcement have no legal right whatsoever to hassle you over your membership.

Q5. This is basically a "get out of tickets" thing, right?
A5. Yes, No, and Maybe. First, any local/municipal/out of state law enforcement officer won't give a rat's ass about your 11-99 frame. You will get NO special treatment from local law enforcement, ever. With respect to CHP, the answer is: it depends. I have been stopped with the frame on my car only once, and I was let go. The officer specifically referenced the license plate frame as the reason he let me go. While that is just 1 CHP officer out of 10,000, that alone should speak volumes. And for the record, he did NOT ask to see any special badge or membership card. Displaying this frame on your car MAY increase the chances of you receiving a warning in lieu of a citation from the CHP. However, leniancy may depend entirely on the severity of your crime. If you were doing 120mph racing 3 cars, I would expect you to be arrested, with or without this frame.

Q6. How many do you have?
A6. One

Q7. What condition is it in?
A7. 8/10 - been in regular use for a few years, but on a garaged and regularly washed car. No serious dings, scratches, or other forms of defacement.

Q8. Can I get a refund if CHP gives me a ticket anyway.
A8. No. This isn't Costco. All sales are final.

PRICE: $250obo. These frames have been selling for $250 to $1000 on ebay and other online sources. 1 speeding ticket can cost anywhere from $148 - $360+. Don't forget the time and effort it takes to make a court appearance. And what about the rise in your insurance rates? Considering many of you get 2+ tickets every year, this frame could conceivably pay for immediately.

tnb1786 10-02-2008 02:32 PM

no offense but this thread should be interesting on the feedback....

trojanman 10-02-2008 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by tnb1786 (Post 2069592)
no offense but this thread should be interesting on the feedback....

I am a somewhat senior member here for 4+ years and thousands of posts. You have 100 posts and you don't listen to instructions well. Go away. If you are not going to follow the rules, you will be banned.

jcr847 10-02-2008 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by trojanman (Post 2069813)
Q4. Don't I need the badge to prove my membership if asked by a CHP officer? I read a story on 6speed that some guy didn't have the badge and got into some deep s**t.
A4. First, 11-99 is a private non profit organization, NOT a government entity. The license frame is simply a gift for making a cash donation. It is NOT illegal in any way, shape, or form to possess this frame, nor does possession imply any special privilege. CHP or any other law enforcement have no legal right whatsoever to hassle you over your membership.

so if you get one for making a cash donation why would someone buy yours sans membership card and badge?

Originally Posted by trojanman (Post 2069813)
I am a somewhat senior member here for 4+ years and thousands of posts. You have 100 posts and you don't listen to instructions well. Go away. If you are not going to follow the rules, you will be banned.

What rules did he not follow and since when do you have the authority to ban anyone?

trojanman 10-03-2008 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by jcr847 (Post 2069875)
so if you get one for making a cash donation why would someone buy yours sans membership card and badge?

the cash donation is $3,000+, and as another member just announced, they may stop selling memberships altogether. Also, as I mentioned previously, the membership card and plaque are personalized, so it does you absolutely no good to have them.

K MEN S 10-03-2008 11:46 AM

hey,i'm interested in this one.

do you mind shipping it out?

oh ya, is this the old one with the chequered graving on the side or the new one?

Jorgeassoc 10-03-2008 02:38 PM

Does this for sale item come with a badge?

TMH 10-04-2008 05:50 PM

^ LOL Read the post!!

kzrsoize 10-05-2008 02:52 PM

There was an article in the LA times a week or so ago on the CHP foundation and its benefits to their members, it was interesting.

lemonvr6 10-05-2008 07:54 PM

good for a few more months

NVG DRIVER 10-07-2008 11:52 PM

11-99...what?

flash68 10-08-2008 12:02 AM

http://www.chp11-99.org/news/news_sh...?doc_id=705141

domlee 10-09-2008 10:53 AM

I don't see how that is enforceable.

The license plate frame is yours. You should have every right to sell it for whatever price you want. Makes no sense how they can say it is illegal to sell it.

trojanman - good luck w/ the sale!

sapple89 11-14-2008 02:46 PM

I tried to sell one a while back and got "****ted on" I would make for a very interesting read if it wasnt deleted. anyhoo... I still have mine mounted on the wall with a sign that says $220 ;)

RiA 11-14-2008 03:34 PM

I saw the results of your original post and was curious what happened in the end.

I am surprised that this thread was left alone and not hammered like your post.