Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

FS: The Ultimate HT Speakers- Genesis 6.1 & 6.1c Left/Right/Center/Subs/Amps

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:06 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up FS: The Ultimate HT Speakers- Genesis 6.1 & 6.1c Left/Right/Center/Subs/Amps

RARE FIND - The Entire Left/Right/Center/Dual Sub/Dual Amp Set for $7900!

Selling my reference matched set of Genesis Advanced Technologies 6.1 main speakers with built-in dual, self amplified subs and matching 6.1c center speaker. (http://www.genesisloudspeakers.com/g6p1series.html) - These babies cost almost $16k new and have been worth every cent!

<<<<< MORE Pictures below at very bottom.. >>>>>>

Questions? Shoot me a PM - If you are in the Los Angeles / Beverly Hills area I can arrange a time to demo these speakers for you personally with both music and theater sources, these MUST be heard to understand how amazing they are. I am extremely particular about audio gear and the Genesis 6 line gives you an incredible amount of sound quality for your money. I know I will miss them.

Cost of these three speakers new two years ago was $15,800.00 plus tax, and that included the custom Porsche Arctic Silver / Mercedes Black automotive paint job. If you're considering, think hard on this- It is very very difficult to find these particular speakers sold as a matched L/R/C set, let alone sold at all on the pre-owned market (most owners never sell these), and my asking price is less than what you'll pay for a pre-owned set of just the left / right speakers only. At my asking price, I'm pretty much throwing in the center speaker for free, which cost around $5000 by itself.

Why selling?? My upcoming theater room remodel has forced me to go with a different size / dimension of speakers unfortunately, I am going to experiment with BG Radia in-walls. I love audio gear and I tend to revise my gear every 2 years to try something new, so someone can capitalize here on my obsession and pick up a set of 'last you'll ever own' speakers at a steal price.

Essentially, these speakers will replace 5 speakers in a typical hometheater system (left / right / center and dual separate subwoofers), all in a very nice compact footprint. By having the 4 subs (two 12" per side) incorporated into the L/R towers you save a lot of space (and aesthetics) by not having to run separate sub modules around the room, and you no longer need a separate sub amp or long cable runs. In addition, the amount of sub bass output by these speakers is nothing short of heart stopping!

These speakers are large enough to fill a 25x40 theater room with incredible, life-like sound, massive smooth bass down to 16hz, and will absolutely not disappoint even the most critical audio or HT enthusiast!!.
These are "Lifetime" speakers and the last set you'll ever need to own. All three speakers are custom automotive finished in Porsche Arctic Silver and Mercedes Graphite Metallic Black, then buried in several layers of clear coat. Simply stunning, they look very sexy in any contemporary or modern room and have a very high WAF (these are the only tower speakers my wife actually liked - not tolerated, liked)!!

These speakers have won sound awards as recently as 2010. The mains and center will only be sold as a set, will not separate. I am the first owner, originally purchased from Sound Video Automation (Authorized dealer) two years ago.

Tech stuff:
I have just had both of the 6.1 subwoofer amplifiers sent to Genesis Advanced Technoloieds in Seattle for a thorough check over and upgrade of the amplifier components and midrange / tweeter level controls ($550 service with 90-day warranty), so you will be assured that everything is 100% up to perfect condition for each speaker and will function flawlessly for many years. In case you are not aware, the 6.1 main left / right speakers each have two built-in 12" amplified, servo controlled subwoofers with matching 500w/1000w peak Class D amplifiers capable of producing belting blasts of sub-bass down to below 16hz. There are separate inputs on the back of each tower for your subwoofer line in from your processor, and they can be daisy-chained if your receiver only has one subwoofer output. They accept both RCA and XLR inputs, and all connections are of the ultimate highest quality. Each speaker has a serial number and chain of ownership can be verified upon request.

You can run the main tower mids / tweets and center speaker with a good, clean 135w-150w per channel amplifier like the Arcam P1000 or P7- Or, use your biggest baddest Mark Levinson or Theta amps- The 6.1's can take whatever you dish out, but do not require a million watts to run effectively. The drivers are made of titanium and the subs are aluminum. I have used a modest Integra 80.1 and Arcam P1000 with these speakers and the experience has been nothing short of mind blowing. Period.

The speakers are very sensitive and produce extremely loud sound volumes, yet at low volumes reproduce every subtle detail with perfect clarity for pure 2-channel music listening. Center dialogue is triple-excellent for movie watching. This setup will ROCK your home theater (and probably several of your neighboring houses, if so inclined ), and for 2 channel listening will faithfully reproduce every distinct note and nuance to perfection.

Genesis documentation and guides:
http://www.genesisloudspeakers.com/a...1_Brochure.pdf
http://www.genesisloudspeakers.com/a...anual_v1.3.pdf
http://www.genesisloudspeakers.com/a...c_Brochure.pdf
http://www.genesisloudspeakers.com/a..._Manual_v1.pdf

Google search for "genesis 6.1 review" and you'll get tons of info.

http://www.dagogo.com/View-Article.asp?hArticle=366
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...r-10-2004.html

I have used these speakers primarily for home theater in my dedicated theater room, which they without exception excel at, with occasional two channel listening sessions. For 2 channel music purity and reproduction you can't get any better sound than the 6.1, unless you're willing to drop over $25k on a pair of higher line Genesis speakers like the 5.3 series or other comparable audiophile brand in that price range. I can tell you this with unbiased certainty as I have owned (you name the brand) of mid range to ultra high end audiophile speakers over the past 10 years. The center imaging on the 6.1 towers flawless as is the openness and natural spaciousness. You can actually unplug the center speaker during 5.1 dolby-encoded DVD music playback and you'll swear it is still on- That is how good the center imaging is from the two main speakers.

Details:
I am conservatively rating the mains as 8/10 as one of the towers has very small paint nicks on the side. It is easy to touch up with an automotive paint stick and unless you stick your nose on the speaker it is not noticeable. Fronts are flawless. The center speaker is 9/10.

SHIPPING- I am not able to ship, this is a 'local pickup' deal, cash in hand. I am in the Los Angeles / Beverly Hills 90210 area. If you are not local and REALLY want these, and have your own freight company that can come and box / pick them up, I'm willing to work with you on that. Certified bank check in that case is fine. The mains weigh about 130lbs each and the center weighs 67lbs so you'd probably be looking at $400 range with a freight mover / furniture mover- But overall you'll still be getting a heck of a deal.

Payal? Ok so I love paypal but the fee is just nuts. I'm trying to keep the price on this set as low as possible, and the $ I make here will go towards my next set of speakers so frankly I can't just 'give them away', even though at my asking price it is darn close to that. That said, we can do paypal but I will ask for an extra $100 to offset the fee. Lame.

This is a fantastic deal for the complete front set of three speakers (Left / Right / Center). I urge you to price shop around and you'll see that my price here is insanely good. Thanks for your time looking. I will answer any and all questions and give you as much info needed to make a solid informed decision on buying these wonderful speakers from me.

Rear sub / input / xover controls located on rear of each main tower:

Here are some pics from CES Vegas in the Genesis demo suite:

Old 05-07-2011, 10:25 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
WOW!!!

BG Radia gets INSANE reviews too.
Good luck.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:01 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Aus- thanks. I was just at my dealers house this past weekend, he has a theater room set up with a 10.4 configuration in all BG Radias. The LA-800's for main L/R, two CC-400's for the center, and all surrounds were LA-600's. The subs were Genesis, well, you can't get any better than Genesis subs IMHO. Absolutely stunning theater experience.

Funny story here, his previous theater room had the same Genesis 6.1's as mine, so between hearing his and hearing them at CES I was completely sold on buying them. IMO the 6.1's are the best floor standing main and center speaker set under $30k, especially for theater use. I'd have to say the Radias are the best inwall speaker, but then again they really don't have any competition (that I know of). I still think the 6.1's are a much more musical speaker though than the Radias. That is definitely apparent.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:03 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
He had TWO centers?? Baller.

Are you getting the Radia inwall subs? Those also get amazing reviews.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by aus
He had TWO centers?? Baller.

Are you getting the Radia inwall subs? Those also get amazing reviews.
LoL- yeah, when it comes to Bill's theater showroom setups he's a serious baller! Last year he had a set of Genesis 1.1's in his listening showroom. Holy hell, those speakers will make you cry (if not the sound quality, then surely the well-over-$100k price tag).

I had a chance to see the Radia SBX inwall subs back in 2009 at CES Vegas- They were just in the 'concept' stage at that time and they had not created the matching amplifier yet, but ever since I heard them I've had them on my 'gotta have' list. You could really touch them and feel practically zero vibration while they were belting out the lows. So I'm going with a pair of SBX12's to start and then maybe add two more later if needed. It is going to be really tough to match the sub bass performance of the Genesis 6.1 towers, I've been seriously spoiled by them. They are truly exceptional by every conceivable metric. Bill is still trying to talk me into keeping the 6.1 towers and running them as rear channels w/ rear subs. It's a thought, but I don't have the room layout for it. Besides they really deserve their full attention as mains + primary subs.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Come on guys, put those tax refunds to work and get yourself an amazing set of true audiophile mains / center / subs at a middle of the road price. These babies need a new good home.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:59 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Are you open to any trades g

Old 05-14-2011, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
Are you open to any trades g
Hadn't really considered it- Basically my plan is to apply the proceeds from this towards my set of BG Radias (the mains alone are going to run me $18k). PM me with more details on what you're thinking-

Old 05-17-2011, 10:03 PM
nismo-gtr is on a distinguished road
these things are huge.......! good luck

Old 05-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanks-

Surprisingly, they don't feel big even in a smaller room which is one of the things I liked about them. The base is about the same width footprint as most chain store speakers, but of course these are about a foot taller on average, comparatively. Plus, each tower has two side firing 12" subs and a 1000w amplifier built in, so there is no need to find places to fit those huge amplified subwoofer cabinets (which usually end up becoming your end tables.. lol). You'll actually end up saving floor space and won't use any more floor space than a $1000/pr of speakers would take up.

Here are some references to 'huge' speakers in this relative quality category and price range for comparison (keep in mind neither of these include built in subs, so you'll still need to find room for those as well):

VMPS RM-50's ($15k / pr):

BG Radia LA-800's ($17k / pr):

Old 06-03-2011, 09:27 PM
aus
Any luck?

Old 06-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by aus
Any luck?
Nothing serious- I didn't really expect to sell them here, those who can afford very high end audio gear here probably already have their system in place, the rest probably don't care (more car nuts here than anything... lol).

I was just at the high end audio show today in Newport Beach (T.H.E. SHOW). Good show, well over 100 reps and vendors. Picked up a few very high quality HDCD and K24 CD master recordings of The Eagles Hotel California, Rush's first album, and Patricia Barber's Cafe Blue (simply amazing blues and vocals).