6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Merchandise For Sale / Wanted (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/merchandise-sale-wanted-53/)
-   -   Waiting for a smoking deal on a refurb/used laptop, folks... (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/merchandise-sale-wanted/79294-waiting-smoking-deal-refurb-used-laptop-folks.html)

teutonictrio 04-08-2007 12:24 PM

Waiting for a smoking deal on a refurb/used laptop, folks...

PM me if you have something under $500 that's worth getting. Need one for my wife, so she can work on her email and what-have-you from the kitchen, where a woman belongs! Pregnant and barefoot, too.

Sheynk 04-08-2007 03:07 PM

if you add a 2 infront of that 5 I'll sell you my thinkpad

Stryke 04-08-2007 03:17 PM

I was in the same boat last week when my wife wanted a laptop for the kitchen as well and I got her this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Vaio-VGN-C2...QQcmdZViewItem

teutonictrio 04-08-2007 08:33 PM

I'm needing something a little cheaper than that - I'm not the baller you are, Gil...

Imolas54 04-08-2007 08:56 PM

I got a toshiba satellite pro 6100 in perfect condition if you are interested, Pentium 4 2.0G, 512MB of RAM, 60G hard drive, DVD player/CD recorder. I just have the laptop w/ the power supply. No damages/scratches to the case.....

$400 shipped if you are interested.

Stryke 04-08-2007 09:02 PM

Sorry Todd for recommending a $1,400 computer to someone with $150,000 in cars. Don't know what I was thinking. I'll mail out some food stamps on Monday for the cause. ;)

chbak014 04-09-2007 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Stryke
Sorry Todd for recommending a $1,400 computer to someone with $150,000 in cars. Don't know what I was thinking. I'll mail out some food stamps on Monday for the cause. ;)

hahahha hilarious

TUUNER 04-09-2007 12:30 AM

hilarious hilarious hilarious

teutonictrio 04-09-2007 01:11 AM

Sorry Todd for recommending a $1,400 computer to someone with $150,000 in cars. Don't know what I was thinking.

I don't know either - read my post. For me, 'under $500' doesn't mean $1400.

And if you want to be a puss about it, all my cars equal only one of yours, so consider that all my computers might add up also to one of yours. I didn't ask for commentary about the value of the cars in my garage, but you seem to bring that up quite often. If I want to spend less on a laptop than you do on one dinner, I have the right.

Control It 04-09-2007 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by teutonictrio
PM me if you have something under $500 that's worth getting. Need one for my wife, so she can work on her email and what-have-you from the kitchen, where a woman belongs! Pregnant and barefoot, too.

why you busting his balls? He's looking for an inexpensive laptop, is this a problem?

Stryke 04-09-2007 01:31 AM

Not busting anyones balls. Simply showing a relatively inexpensive one I got my wife this week which ironically wanted it for the same purpose that his wife did. I'll be sure to stay off his threads in the future so the panties can stay dry. ;)

teutonictrio 04-09-2007 01:42 AM

Not busting anyones balls. Simply showing a relatively inexpensive one I got my wife this week which ironically wanted it for the same purpose that his wife did. I'll be sure to stay off his threads in the future so the panties can stay dry. ;)

Or the alternative is to actually read the post rather than question the value of what is in my garage.

Stryke 04-09-2007 01:46 AM

No, I like my idea better. :)

Sheynk 04-09-2007 02:13 AM

seriously.... for 500 you should consider a compact desktop...it will give you better value in terms of usability. At 500 dollars you are looking at a used laptop if you want something from a reliable company.

Look at some cheaper Toshiba Satellites as well as business line HPs.

teutonictrio 04-09-2007 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Sheynk
seriously.... for 500 you should consider a compact desktop...it will give you better value in terms of usability. At 500 dollars you are looking at a used laptop if you want something from a reliable company.

Look at some cheaper Toshiba Satellites as well as business line HPs.

She's got a desktop now, but wants a laptop, and we'll give the desktop to our 4 year old. All she uses it for is email and internet, so it really doesn't have to be that spectacular. Ubid is probably the way I'll go - factory refurbished, and there are a lot of nice dual-core options for around $600.