Is SPEEDING in Virginia bad news??

Old 06-06-2011, 07:59 PM
mdyaman is on a distinguished road
VA is strict, but don't let what others have said scare you. If you're being stupid on the road, then you take your chances like anywhere else. Everyone thinks they have it the worst no matter what state they're from. I usually 10 mph over the limit w/ no issues. Anything over 10 or 15 mph, you take your chances.

I read through what some others have said on this thread of doing 90+ mph and over. That is just plain reckless - any state would hammer you (depending on the cop). If your going to drive like that - take it to the track.

Last edited by mdyaman; 06-06-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:08 PM
NineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really nice
Originally Posted by mdyaman
VA is strict, but don't let what others have said scare you. If you're being stupid on the road, then you take your chances like anywhere else. Everyone thinks they have it the worst no matter what state they're from.
You're over generalizing things quite a bit, in more ways than one. We provided specific examples and you're just throwing around anecdotes and generalities. Plus, I wasn't trying to scare anyone.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by NineElevenLover
You're over generalizing things quite a bit, in more ways than one. We provided specific examples and you're just throwing around anecdotes and generalities. Plus, I wasn't trying to scare anyone.
says the man that got caught doing 106 mph?

Old 06-06-2011, 08:12 PM
NineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really nice
says the man that got caught doing 106 mph?
I read through what some others have said on this thread of doing 90+ mph and over. That is just plain reckless - any state would hammer you (depending on the cop). If your going to drive like that - take it to the track.
Keep on preachin', brotha.

Edit: I'm going to bow out of this one, now, lest I may make some enemies.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by NineElevenLover
Keep on preachin', brotha.

Edit: I'm going to bow out of this one, now, lest I may make some enemies.
I don't mean you any disrespect. I just have a different perspective on things. Agree to disagree then.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:36 PM
I guess I won't bow out. I'll just be nice.

I don't mean you any disrespect. I just have a different perspective on things. Agree to disagree then.
Oh, I actually think our perspectives are very similar; I completely agree with you on the "take it to the track" philosophy. I can assure you, though, that there is a time and a place on public roads where a competent driver can easily travel ~100 mph, completely safely, in pretty much any modern vehicle (with respect to hurting others... if a deer comes out, you're ****ed). Obviously I'm not talking about weaving in and out of beltway traffic at 100+. I just think it's important to keep in mind that most people on this forum are adults and not complete morons when it comes to making decisions on the road. I would like to think so, at least.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:49 PM
nax360 has a spectacular aura aboutnax360 has a spectacular aura about
VA sucks, been there done that with the reckless driving, that's why I live in Maryland. Just because someone's going 100+ doesn't mean they're wreckless, and someone driving 30 mph could actually be more dangerous if it's on the beltway during rush hour. The Commonwealth is just communist when it comes to motor vehicles, at the same time, they're the only state that will let you carry a concealed weapon in a bar. Maryland is the opposite, motor vehicle laws are rather lenient, traffic flows at 85 in some places, but you can't carry a concealed weapon (you can get a permit, but someone has to try and kill you 3 times). I say you just move to Texas (proposing an 80 mph speed limit), drive fast and roll strapped , oh and get ready for snow and salt . My $.02, I hate VA... but Katie's is GREAT

Old 06-06-2011, 11:08 PM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
Speeding (let's call it reckless) is very, very, very, bad news in VA. I'm over talking about it in a forum, but shoot me a PM if you care to hear my awful story.

Welcome to Mid A?

Old 06-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
For the record anything 82mph and over is reckless in VA no matter the speedlimit. Soo keep it under 80mph.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:21 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
There are a few ways to speed in VA but you need to meet the below stringent requirements...

(1) be in a bubba truck...the bigger the better, broken parts including but not limited to rusty tailgate are a plus, gunrack a big plus, confederate flag the holy grail of pluses!

(2) Use some sort of tobacco product, chewing tobacco or smokes, having Marlboros helps (since they basically own legistlation in VA with their team of lobbyists)... feel free to smoke or spit your dip anywhere, it's encouraged! Even out of your bubba truck right in front of local law enforcement!

(3) Be white. not much to say about this one...being brown or any shade of brown thereafter just gets worse and worse on the profiling meter... doh, guess I'm screwed on this one

there you go...if you meet the above requirements your chances of getting caught for speeding in the good commonwealth decrease by 99% ... enjoy...and remmember if stopped with the above prerequisites, using the phrase "Get 'er done!!!" multiple times in multiple wrong or right contexts increases your chances of getting away with a warning and a favorable "ya'll slow'er on down now ya 'hear..."

hahaha hope this gave you guys a chuckle!!!! !

Old 06-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
**** I hate a great novel but a miscue on the BB wiped it out. Anyway....

I've lived in several states but VA takes the cake with respect to organizing budget and revenue around road taxes. Illegal radar detectors. Sheesh. The courts will even take debit cards if you call in.

That said, the rules of "don't be a dip****" do apply everywhere. Blow through a school zone and I'll shoot you myself (with my legal concealed weapon, thank you and **** YOU ohio... But that's another story)

There's a **** ton of roads around here that are fun and lightly or unpatrolled. There's always maryland or even further north. Bring your car, keep your nuts, but keep your brains. Trapster WORKS. Install an instant cut off for your radar detector.

If you are busted, expect to lay some dosh into the system. However, unlike some other states, your insurance company probably won't care. We dutifully reported my wife's first ticket, and they laughed at us. Therefore I didn't bother with mine. 18 over is a cheap $180.

Hope to see you soon here in the area. The cars guys here are great and I'm glad to have met a bunch.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gunther
For the record anything 82mph and over is reckless in VA no matter the speedlimit. Soo keep it under 80mph.
80 or over is reckless, no? and i agree, keep it under 80mph or below 20mph over the speed limit. VA got to be the worst state to speed. afterall, there are 11 ways to get reckless tickets (most # of ways to get bent over).

Old 06-08-2011, 10:22 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
California magic number is 99 over that and ACK

Old 06-09-2011, 11:11 AM
ericdhvac is on a distinguished road
You better buy the Prius, it's true the VA State police are ruthless about speeding and give no breaks. I live in MD and have been caught at 95 and 105mph two different times in MD the first ticket was $505 the second was $1001, just a ticket, no reckless driving for just speeding I guess.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:39 PM
RobbieX50 is on a distinguished road
I'm still going to move to VA with the GTR and just be careful. I guess I will be spending more time at VIR to get the speed bug out of my system. Still sucks I can't open the GTR for much more than 4 seconds in fear of being thrown in jail.

Also, the thought of an Asian guy saying "Get Er Done" just sounds wrong!

Thanks again for all the comments!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is SPEEDING in Virginia bad news??