2018 Katie's Cars & Coffee Thread - Great Falls, VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 08:00 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Katie's, 10/27/18

A rainy Saturday at Katie's. A low turnout, of cars and people, but not a total bust. We had about 25 people inside.
I found the two Peugeots interesting. See? - there's always something worth seeing at Katie's!

--Bob Collum

Old 11-10-2018, 07:41 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Katie's, 11/03/18

It rained last night, and was still sprinkling when I left home. Rain stopped before 7AM, and people showed up a little later than usual - but they did show up. We had one Jaguar there this morning.

The last picture shows something I didn't recognize - does anybody know what it is? I'll post the answer later.

--Bob Collum

Old 11-10-2018, 10:30 AM
Katie's, 11/10/18

A perfect November Saturday! Cold, but clear and dry. We were rewarded by a lot of interesting vehicles.

--Bob Collum

Old 11-10-2018, 12:05 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
The mystery object looks like a fresnel lens. Either a lighthouse blow over onto the parking lot or JC Penny made something to detect light for some purpose.

Old 11-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by chuckbdc
The mystery object looks like a fresnel lens. Either a lighthouse blow over onto the parking lot or JC Penny made something to detect light for some purpose.
Exactly right - needed, because of the visor over the windshield; you can't see overhead traffic lights. The Chevy's owner said it was a 'factory option'. I think it's more likely a dealer add-on. Either way, an interesting detail...

--Bob Collum

Old 11-12-2018, 06:12 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rcollum
Exactly right - needed, because of the visor over the windshield; you can't see overhead traffic lights. The Chevy's owner said it was a 'factory option'. I think it's more likely a dealer add-on. Either way, an interesting detail...

--Bob Collum
As a tall person, I appreciate this.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:33 AM
Katie's, 11/17/18

A cold but dry Saturday! Especially nice, after we had our first snow of the year Thursday of this week. The snow had been cleared by rain, and there wasn't too much salt on the roads. A fairly good turnout for the weekend before Thanksgiving.

--Bob Collum

Old 11-24-2018, 10:09 AM
Katie's, 11/24/18

A smaller-than-usual turnout, probably because it was threatening rain (but never actually did rain at Katie's), and because it was Thanksgiving Weekend. Still, we had a good time with friends.

--Bob Collum

Old 11-26-2018, 07:08 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
The Firebird in that last pic... O_O

Old 11-26-2018, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Tonk
The Firebird in that last pic... O_O
I thought it was a Camaro. He arrived with a friend...

Old 12-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Katie's, 12/01/18

You can't ask for much better weather than we had this morning, considering it's the first of December. Low-to-mid-thirties, at 5:00AM, with no wind - it was actually pretty nice. Katie's was certainly not as crowded as July or August, but that's perfectly OK with me, considering the general quality of vehicles and people there today.

--Bob Collum

Old 12-02-2018, 02:33 PM
BOBP is on a distinguished road
67 Camaro. Side vent windows

Old 12-08-2018, 10:38 AM
Katie's, 12/08/18

Cold and clear today - it was 21F on my way to Katie's this morning. The good news - no wind, no rain, and no salt on the roads yet. A pretty good turnout today!

--Bob Collum

Old 12-15-2018, 09:17 AM
Katie's, 12/15/18

This week at Katie's:

The good - it warmed up considerably. It was 42 degrees when I got to the parking lot.
The not so good - a steady rain, all morning. (The DC area has set an all-time record for rainfall this year.)

Still, a bunch of us got together, had breakfast, talked cars, told jokes -- it's what we look forward to, each week.

--Bob Collum

Old 12-22-2018, 11:04 AM
Katie's, 12/22/18

Yesterday was the Winter Solstice, so.... today was the first Katie's of winter! A good turnout, 3 days before Christmas.

Katie's Cars & Coffee founder, Bob Morris just acquired this MG Type L. Supercharged straight-six. Terrific details on this car - that's a form-fitting tonneau surrounding the bucket seats. The Brooklands windscreens behind the folding 'full' windscreen seem to be a 'belt-and-suspenders' design! How's your Latin? Can anyone translate the motto on the badge?

--Bob Collum

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2018 Katie's Cars & Coffee Thread - Great Falls, VA