6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Mini Cooper (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/mini-cooper-49/)
-   -   anyone added modifications on there minis (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/mini-cooper/130371-anyone-added-modifications-there-minis.html)

M5&RS Captin 05-16-2008 03:07 PM

anyone added modifications on there minis

^If you did please write what you did and the effect that happend to the car example (like it gained 180hp) please

beaner 05-16-2008 06:18 PM

i have many mods on my car....almost nothing left untouched. what do you want your MINI to do? i've set mine up as primarily a track toy. suspension and brake mods will get you around the track faster than hp. if you have a supercharged (R53) MINI, an underdriven supercharger pulley, CAI, cat-back and custom tune will transform your car. power gets very expensive from here forward, but 300 whp is not out of the question for a supercharged MINI if your pockets are deep enough and arms long enough. ask a more specific question and i would be happy to provide a more detailed response.

clintorious 05-16-2008 11:27 PM

Well as far as modifications go, I was looking more into a sound system mod. I want to hook up an amp and 12" sub but am not sure where I could hook them up to the stock radio. I have an 02 Cooper S, also looking into CAI's. Not sure what to get yet, havent decided what would be the best for me. Any help as to how to hook up an amp and sub and possibly another radio instead would really help. Thanks

TT/T 05-25-2008 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by beaner (Post 1852826)
an underdriven supercharger pulley, CAI, cat-back and custom tune will transform your car.

Any specific products/companies/tuners recommendations?

beaner 05-25-2008 10:07 AM

pullies: 15% if you plan to track your car. 17% or more is ok, not recommended, from what i know if it is street driven only. track rpm's tend to create too much heat and cause cavition w/ the water pump. manufacturer here isn't important, just the reduction. almost the same for CAI's. some are louder than others (more s/c whine). some like it louder. all will add minimal and approximately equal gains. cat-backs: again, all will add a few hp, w/ no clear cut winner. check out sound clips and find a tone that works. it is the combination of pulley, CAI, and cat-back that lets the engine breathe better. as for tuning, RMW (Revolution MINI Works) seems to have the best working solution. cars w/ the above mentioned mods and an RMW tune are getting into the 220 whp range (some much higher).

TurboMini 05-25-2008 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by M5&RS Captin (Post 1852527)
^If you did please write what you did and the effect that happend to the car example (like it gained 180hp) please

what kind of mods?

performance mods?
http://69.13.120.185/forums/Gallery/...87_89_full.jpg

interior mods?
http://69.13.120.185/forums/Gallery/...d0ef0f8fd2.jpg

wheel mods?
http://69.13.120.185/forums/Gallery/...ew800x6hs1.jpg

be more specific... (street car/ race car... etc...)
I might be able to help ;)

TT/T 05-26-2008 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by beaner (Post 1866406)
pullies: 15% if you plan to track your car. 17% or more is ok, not recommended, from what i know if it is street driven only. track rpm's tend to create too much heat and cause cavition w/ the water pump. manufacturer here isn't important, just the reduction. almost the same for CAI's. some are louder than others (more s/c whine). some like it louder. all will add minimal and approximately equal gains. cat-backs: again, all will add a few hp, w/ no clear cut winner. check out sound clips and find a tone that works. it is the combination of pulley, CAI, and cat-back that lets the engine breathe better. as for tuning, RMW (Revolution MINI Works) seems to have the best working solution. cars w/ the above mentioned mods and an RMW tune are getting into the 220 whp range (some much higher).

Thx, beaner. :cool:

R53Mini 05-26-2008 01:33 PM

Mods on a MINI, lol; i had ordered stuff before i even knew for sure that i was buying one.

15% Pulley,CAI V2.0,19mm Rear Sway Bar,Denso Iridium Spark Plugs (Cold),Aero Kit FB w/Aero Grill,Low Profile ECU Cover,Blackout Beltline Kit,Glove Box Organizer,Factory Tray Set (Rubber),License Plate Mounting Kit,4" Antenna,RSD (Black Carpet),Pirelli P Zero Nero Tires (215/45/17),Rota Torque Wheels (17 X 7.5") (Hyperblack),Black Out Roof Kit

No dyno #'s yet. The black out roof kit is going on Thursday, new wheels and tires will be going on Saturday. Have more stuff sitting in the garage, but they aren't going on the car quite yet.

MAXIMUN07 03-17-2009 10:11 AM

Please recomend me on regard of 17% pulley

Originally Posted by tt/t (Post 1867837)
thx, beaner. :cool:

hi beaner, i live also in miami florida and would like to know if my car will work corectly with that pulley if i drive it only on the street and only pedal it sometimes and take maximum 4 hour trips on the week end. What do you recomend

beaner 03-17-2009 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by MAXIMUN07 (Post 2304935)
hi beaner, i live also in miami florida and would like to know if my car will work corectly with that pulley if i drive it only on the street and only pedal it sometimes and take maximum 4 hour trips on the week end. What do you recomend

hey MAXIMUN07: welcome to MINI ownership and this forum. i have opinions on everything and don't mind sharing them.....i would have no problem installing a 15-17% pulley on a street driven car. 19 is pushing it in so. fla. heat. i would recommend a 15% pulley and track time. it is too much fun. touring miles aren't a problem as you are off boost most of the time. check out http://www.sunshineminis.org. tell them beaner sent you. i was in miami last weekend for the Koni Challenge race w/ about 15 other so. fla. MINI enthusiasts. feel free to pm me with any questions about the local MINI scene.

greg

contigo 03-17-2009 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Used an Old mini cut it and put a prototype with HAYABUSA 1,3 cc bike engine with gear box, weight 480 kgs, kills anything, I mean anything!!!!
Attachment 92397

MAXIMUN07 03-18-2009 05:37 AM

17% pulley

Originally Posted by beaner (Post 2306031)
hey maximun07: Welcome to mini ownership and this forum. I have opinions on everything and don't mind sharing them.....i would have no problem installing a 15-17% pulley on a street driven car. 19 is pushing it in so. Fla. Heat. I would recommend a 15% pulley and track time. It is too much fun. Touring miles aren't a problem as you are off boost most of the time. Check out http://www.sunshineminis.org. Tell them beaner sent you. I was in miami last weekend for the koni challenge race w/ about 15 other so. Fla. Mini enthusiasts. Feel free to pm me with any questions about the local mini scene.

Greg

thanks beaner, i apreciate your help. I was just very concerned and scared because the mecanic was very serious and talked to me in a very secured way. Like if he had bad experience with a car. So you are 100% sure i will have no problem?? Do you know anyone else that has this same pulley here in miami? Do you know anyone with experience that can install it in miami/doral area? Thanks!!!!

beaner 03-18-2009 08:12 PM

there are many 17% pullies running around south florida. you won't regret it. call Luis a Precision Auto Werks in miami. he is well respected in MINI circles for good work at fair prices.

empire0007 05-19-2009 11:22 AM

Mike wrote:
Sorry to jump in, but i am also interested in modification as well. Any information for an 09 JCW?

Originally Posted by beaner (Post 2307551)
there are many 17% pullies running around south florida. you won't regret it. call Luis a Precision Auto Werks in miami. he is well respected in MINI circles for good work at fair prices.

beaner 05-19-2009 04:14 PM

no need to apologize. all MINI/Mini's are welcome here. i don't have much info on the turbo MINI's, but i'm sure that someone here will have the 411. i do know that ecu tuning is about to become a reality for the R56's. i just don't know how the R56 responds to various mods. welcome to the club.
greg