Mini Cooper Austin and Morris Mini talk, and the 2001-2006 Mini and Mini S, 2007 to present Mini and Mini S

KW V3 and SPC CA Detail Review for CMS4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 09:24 AM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
KW V3 and SPC CA Detail Review for CMS4

All I can said is WOW

Almost zero body roll, razor sharp steering, more power transfer to tires. After picking the car up from the tuner shop, took the car for testing at Germantown (famous for twisty roads) Put around 40mins testing the handling and ride.

Impression:

Totally transform the car, the handling is confidence inspiring now, it handle like my friend's JCW Hatch. In corner speed wise, they are very similar now. The JCW Hatch power to weight ratio and brembo brakes is better of course. But with more tuning (ECU Flash, full exhaust system power will be better for the CMS4)

I had Dynasport set the stiff and rebound at 70%. The ride is actually better IMO, less mushy and floating feeling comparing to stock. It feels firmer of course but never uncomfortable. I will keep this setting for a few weeks then dial it to 80% then to 90%.

Attached picture of before and after the lowering. Love the way the car looks and drives now. Overall if you are looking to transform your the car's handling from so so fun to extremely enjoyable driving, then the KW V3 is for you. Highly recommend to all CM owners.

I went to the extreme by lowering it so much, the beauty of the KW V3 you can fine tune to exacting what you want, from getting a 1" lowering and stiffen up the handling up a bit to carry your kids around and still have funnier car or someone like me who are track junkie and want to squeeze the most out of the car's chassis. This system does it all, worth every penny

Next ECU Tuning, Cravenspeed SSK, BOV Springs, Full Exhaust System

Big thanks to Kris for getting the KW V3 out to me on short notice and Ryan at Dynasport for setting and dialing the car in so perfectly.

Ryan
Dynasport
www.dynasportllc.com

Kris
The Suspension Source
www.thesuspensionsource.com

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Before KW.png
Views:	69
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	183435   Click image for larger version

Name:	After KW.png
Views:	83
Size:	952.7 KB
ID:	183436   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Wheel Gap.png
Views:	70
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	183437   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Wheel Gap.png
Views:	65
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	183438   Click image for larger version

Name:	KW Angle.png
Views:	65
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	183439  

Old 07-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
wild - i like those 4 versions. reminds me of steriods

Old 07-28-2012, 02:21 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
haha, yea, totally agreed

Old 07-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Banned
night_rider65 is on a distinguished road
The Cooper S is the turbocharged variant of MINI's iconic hatchback. Now in its second generation, it combines quirky, vintage British charm with near-luxury levels of refinement and extremely agile handling.