New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

New Member - Upgrading from E60 M5 to Panamera Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 12:45 PM
Papagiorgio is on a distinguished road
New Member - Upgrading from E60 M5 to Panamera Turbo S

Hello speed fans!!! I've been a member of the M5Board for a while, but figured I should now join 6SpeedOnline. I have placed on order for a custom build Panamera Turbo S that I figure will be a 2015 model by the time it gets built, and replace my 2007 E60 M5 as my daily driver. Since 6SpeedOnline seems to be the premier Porsche forum, I figured it was the right time to upgrade my forum as well as my car...

Old 04-29-2014, 12:54 PM
Papagiorgio is on a distinguished road
M5 Picture

Also, here are some pictures of the E60 M5 that I will sadly be retiring. It has served me well with nearly 8 years of fun, but it is time to move on to something with more power and grip. I haven't owned a Porsche since selling my 1998 Boxster back in 2001, but I look forward to being a Porsche owner once again...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02908.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	367901   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02906.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	367902   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02910.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	2.84 MB
ID:	367903  
Old 05-24-2019, 08:23 AM
Paul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond repute
You could put on the sport design front bumper - those are better than the standard although much less noticeable on a black car.

There are a couple options for a tasteful front lip, or you could find a universal carbon lip and have just a tad of a front lip sticking out (not the fast and furious type, that wraps into a canard in front of the front tires).

You could match the above with a universal, flat, carbon look side skirt to protect the rockers. Same rules, something subtle that creates an edge.

The Panamera doesn't need a whole lot of help, and many body packages look tacked on. Its a classy looking car. I do like some of the more extreme kits for a show car, but not something that I would drive every day.

What about adding to the interior? Alcantara and carbon steering wheel re-wrap? You could put alcantara on the elbow rests. You could change the cent shifter and or wrap it. Center console maybe too.

There is also the interior trim package, carbon, wood, whatever you got that could be changed out for some newness. You could also just wrap the pieces with a high quality 3M Di Noc.

Old 03-13-2020, 12:21 PM
jmgentry is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey I am in the same boat as you; longtime member on M5Board as well! Except I am keeping the E60 S85 which is currently making 612WHP - CF Hood, CF Flat Bottom Wheel, CSL CF Trunk, CF Lip and Diffuser - ESS SC, Vent to atmosphere BOV, Vision build Flat bottom quad demon eye lights. I love the E60 - bought the Panamera Turbo for new DD I drive 100 miles round trip each day for work ..... this way I can take the E60 off the road and increase displacement to 5.2, drop compression 10:1, and switch SI trim Vortech out to S trim ..... fuel system limited to 700WHP but thats plenty .... LOL

Mod bug already got me on the Porsche just did my greeting for joining - upgrades on Porsche listed there ... good luck on your new journey --- people ask me all the time do I like the difference between the two - all I can do is smile - IMO the Panamera Turbo with the current mods I have on her is like a Lexus made a baby with a Race Car ...... that statement is PG rated!