New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

Introductory Post, new member

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 12:12 PM
Trooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Introductory Post, new member

My name is Steve, and I use Trooper as my handle on this forum; only because my usual handle was taken. I am new to this forum, but not new to Porsches. I live near Milwaukee WI and Chicago, IL. I am a member of the Milwaukee Region PCA, but Chicago has more track events, so I will do events with Chicago. I am retired, thankfully earlier than originally planned. My wife, an RN and younger, works three days per week at Children's Hospital of WI and provides our health insurance. I invest for long-term growth and current income.

In the past I owned a 1998 Boxster and a 2002 Carrera Cabriolet, both manual transmissions. Long ago, I owned a few MGs and Austin-Helaeys so I believe that a sports car should be manual and topless. I don't drive hard or well enough to appreciate the benefits of a coupe over a convertible. I love three seasons of driving with the top down and I love driving fast at DE events.

I recently bought my third Porsche, a 2009 997.2 C4S Six-Speed Cabriolet with 27,000 miles. I found the car online for sale by an individual in January, and flew to L.A. in February to complete the purchase and drive it for a couple of days in SoCal. I had it picked up while I was there and shipped to Wisconsin. I didn't drive it in WI until April.

I am in the process of getting the car ready for the year. It had a minor service just before I bought it. The car has a fresh paint correction and wax. I had one scraped underbody panel repainted, detailed the interior, restored the rubber and plastic trim, and cleaned and protected the top. Next month I will have XPel Paint Protection Film installed on the front. The new paint under the front spoiler has to cure for a month first.

I am looking forward to a long future with this car and a fun and educational experience on this forum.

Last edited by Trooper; 04-19-2017 at 12:15 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.