New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 06:29 AM
robertlhx is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New Member

1990 944 S2 Cabriolet doing some restoration work...I purchase last fall with36K miles. The mechanics are in good shape...interior was a mess. Have had custom carpeting made (no kits for Cab.s), new soft top, various smalls....

bucket list: I have been searching for interior door panels, black&linen, 10 speaker option(only one small speaker in the upper corner). Update seat upholster...I have looked into leather kits vs custom vs buying complete used seats...all the options seem pretty $$$! The radio security code....I had a dealer get a code from Porsche, but have had no success getting the radio to work. Has power, can hear a click in the speakers when I turn it on...punch in the code per instructions...nada!!! A host of electrical issues....i.e. when I turn on the headlights; the wipers move, sometimes an entire swipe across the windshield other times move an inch. Putting the top up or down the passenger side window moves....the auto trunk latch is disconnected in the trunk, if I reconnect it the trunk release motor just turns and turns and does not stop...connecter under drivers side seats for power seat control is mangled and needs to be rewired replaced....I plan to tackle all of the above this winter....too beautiful up here in New Hampshire now to not enjoy driving the 944 on our country roads this time of year!!

Any tips, how to's always welcome!!

Rob

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.