New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

Hi from the UK

Old 11-03-2017, 09:13 AM
DC Deluxe is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi from the UK

Hi All,

DC here, just thought I'd say hello to everyone before I start posting, be it for help or to offer advice.

Hope to speak to you all soon.

DC

Old 11-06-2017, 10:10 AM
stevej is an unknown quantity at this point
welcome, lots of good info here.

Old 11-07-2017, 03:05 AM
Former Vendor
carid will become famous soon enough
Welcome to the club, thanks a lot for joining! You've found the right place to learn and talk about your new Pcar.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:01 PM
vinhvle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DC Deluxe
Hi All,

DC here, just thought I'd say hello to everyone before I start posting, be it for help or to offer advice.

Hope to speak to you all soon.

DC
Welcome to the forum! I hate to bombard you with a non-car related question but you did offer advice. I ordered $2400 worth of parts for my R8 from a UK based company named, Super Tweaks in November 2016.
They never sent me the products and refuse to offer me a refund because I'm in America and can't see them face to face. My credit card company can't pursue them because I waited over three months to file a chargeback (Supertweaks lied and said the items were on backorder). I filed a small claim with the UK Tribunal Court and had a good case (Supertweaks lied in court documents) but the judge nullified the claim because I don't have a UK mailing address. If this company was in America,
I'd deal with it like any American would deal with a thief. Can you recommend a course of action for me to pursue them?

Old 01-09-2018, 03:11 AM
you might try contacting this service in the UK, they do lots of work fro consumer protection, https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk beyond that, splash your story all over the net as a buyer beware message in dealing with this business. Sorry can't help you further.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:08 PM
vinhvle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by stevej
you might try contacting this service in the UK, they do lots of work fro consumer protection, https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk beyond that, splash your story all over the net as a buyer beware message in dealing with this business. Sorry can't help you further.
Thank you for your advice. A representative from Citizens Advice actually encouraged me to file the small claim in the first place. I think it's shocking that the only recourse for consumers that have been defrauded by a U.K. based company is the Citizens Advice. I guess people don't get ripped off in the U.K. as much as they do in America? In a time when people complain about nearly everything in their lives, I doubt even my complaint, though valid, would even catch anyone's attention. The internet is full of whiners that complain if they're overcharged $5. When someone like me complains about legitimately losing $2400 of my hard earned money, it doesn't even make it to Twitter.

Old 01-13-2018, 02:44 AM
the courts are always there for consumers being ripped off. Unfortunately it looks like a dead end for you on that, but I am no expert. For the net feedback, I find feedback especially on the Porsche forums helpful, to ensure I don't get caught out by poor retailers. This board plus the RL are normally invaluable for picking up these things, and I'm sure other Porsche consumers would appreciate knowing about your experience. I for one will be avoiding the company that you had poor dealings with. Generally I stick to a few good and reliable suppliers and my local OPC.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.