New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

New Pcar owner reporting in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 01:44 PM
ShatterPoints is just really niceShatterPoints is just really niceShatterPoints is just really niceShatterPoints is just really nice
New Pcar owner reporting in

Been mostly on renlist and lurking here. Bought my first ever Pcar in February this year. I daily drive it and its amazing. I bought it from a Merc dealer in TX, after doing my homework and title searching for the car it had been to several dealer auctions and the mileage had not changed. Combined with its over priced listing I figured something was wrong with it, I went to take a look. Turns out the merc dealer spent like 8k in repairs (coolant leak on a line to the turbo, says the shop who did the work) They replaced all the seals and gaskets + coils and all new fluids. When I looked at the car the dash had the yellow LCD pixel issue and I could smell coolant, which meant there still was a coolant leak somewhere. The car is an 2007 Turbo, Grey/Black, Tiptronic (my only real compromise a Porsche turbo is one of my bucket list cars) It has the sport adaptive seats, multi function carbon steering wheel, and PASM. The previous owner/s put on the car as far as I can tell, GT2 side skirts, Tech-art strut bar(s), Tech-art CF air box, Tech-art lowering springs, and Tech-art 20" formula wheels. I picked it up with 55k miles for 53k.

I took the car to Moorespeed in Austin and had them pull the motor out. I got the coolant lines pinned (there were more leaks on the top passenger side, coolant return lines) new plugs, small repair made to the positive battery cable (grounding issue) as well as a more indepth after purchase inspection. Found I needed to replace both maf's and did so. Car got a clean bill of health and I have been daily driving it with gusto. Since all this the only major change I did was swap the 20's for an OE spec'd mesh wheel. Pics below:

Interior pics

Quick shots old vs new wheels