New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

Introducing myself, and my Aston....

Old 07-21-2018, 10:16 PM
QuantumV8 will become famous soon enough
Introducing myself, and my Aston....

Hi Guys! My name is Andrew. I just introduced myself over on PistonHeads, and I want to say hi on here as well!

I live in Melbourne Australia, and I'm part of the AMOC here. As you would have guessed, my car is a V8 Vantage in Quantum Silver! I love the colour. Its a 2010 model, and it has the sports pack and the lightweight seats. I got it from a repo auction in September last year.

I've been learning a lot from you in the last 10 months, and I'm probably overdue to give something back. My car was not in great shape when I got it, so I've used your guidance to make some repairs. I've pulled out leather trim panels for re-gluing, replaced brake pads, fitted Redpants' oil catch can, and done a few other things. And I had a paint correction done to take out the swirls.

Here's my car!

Cheers
Andrew aka QuantumV8

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 08-01-2018 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:03 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Andrew

Welcome mate from Brisbane, car looks great after the paint correction

Congrats, I'm sure you'll enjoy it

Graeme

Old 07-22-2018, 09:32 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats and welcome, hope to hear more about that silver key of yours...

Old 07-22-2018, 12:37 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Love the color, nice to see a Vantage saved and brought back to good shape.
Enjoy your car.
Ron

Old 07-22-2018, 07:42 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Looks terrific

Old 07-22-2018, 10:51 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
Welcome! Beautiful car!! Looking forward to hearing about that key as well!

Old 07-22-2018, 11:27 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
That paint correction is impressive, welcome!

Old 07-23-2018, 01:16 AM
QuantumV8 will become famous soon enough
Thanks all for making me feel really welcome

I still want to do some more work on the car - I have a front parking light than flickers from the normal cool white to a warm white, and i have one or two LEDs out in a tail light. And I'd like to get google maps on the sat nav - I've chatted with Richard about this already (hi thanks Rich!) - when there's a kit or if James/Paralight comes to Aus, that one will just come down to cost for me.

Lilseevs, is there a thread or video on your exhaust at all? I read Exhaust 2013 Vantage but its so hard to know what the right option is. The same day that i first saw my car, i also test drove a 2006 Vantage with a full VelocityAP system and a tune; i was really impressed with the sound.

I'll write up the silver ECU key soon, I'm just finishing off a new case for it!

Old 07-23-2018, 06:49 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by QuantumV8

I still want to do some more work on the car - I have a front parking light than flickers from the normal cool white to a warm white, and i have one or two LEDs out in a tail light. And I'd like to get google maps on the sat nav - I've chatted with Richard about this already (hi thanks Rich!) - when there's a kit or if James/Paralight comes to Aus, that one will just come down to cost for me.

Lilseevs, is there a thread or video on your exhaust at all? I read Exhaust 2013 Vantage but its so hard to know what the right option is. The same day that i first saw my car, i also test drove a 2006 Vantage with a full VelocityAP system and a tune; i was really impressed with the sound.

I'll write up the silver ECU key soon, I'm just finishing off a new case for it!
i have 200 cats and straight pipes on my 4.7 V8V and the sound is awesome

Old 07-23-2018, 07:23 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Beautiful Aston! Enjoy, safely.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:00 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by QuantumV8

@QuantumV8

Here is a before and after video I made, it is not for the faint of heart or anyone that wants something mild. This is loud af, absolutely loved it and will be doing it on my next car as well. install is very DIY friendly in your garage

Old 07-23-2018, 09:40 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Love it! Sounds great!!