New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

new member in Worthing UK and Cannes France

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 07:56 AM
Tony Fowler is an unknown quantity at this point
new member in Worthing UK and Cannes France

Hi,
I just purchased a 997.1 2007 model which I will be taking down to the south of France. Its my second Porsche, I had a 3.2 Carrera 1989 which I had to sell to fund the move to the south of France 16 years ago, a bit more liquid now so wanted my Porsche back!

This one is the tiptronic version, my old one had a really heavy clutch and I though at my age I didn't need that. This one is very much in the same vein as the old one, still quite noisy, a good firm ride and fast!!

I've a few jobs to do, I'm in the middle of installing a bluetooth unit which is taking ages. My car does not have bose, cd changer, navigation or phone so quite a bit of programming to be done, hopefully that will be it, I might have been better off just replacing the existing unit but I would like to keep it original looking.

There are a couple of small chips in the paint which I'll sort but they are so small I don't want to paint the whole panels, might just touch in, the car is Basalt black metallic.

I'd like to add the steering wheel controls but that looks a bit expensive, I've the triangular airbag type steering wheel.

There is also a problem with the rear quarter windows which are too far in at the top, my Porsche man says this can be adjusted but it will take 3 hours a side! Maybe I'll have a go myself.

I'd like to get a durametric to do some coding but the price is a bit on the high side for my needs, maybe there is a hire service??

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone with similar challenges to me!

Love this little restaurant on the seafront in Littlehampton

window that needs adjusting

there she is!