Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Dealer caught drag racing brand new GT-Rs???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:25 PM
Bri
EE
Bri has a spectacular aura aboutBri has a spectacular aura about
Dealer caught drag racing brand new GT-Rs???

http://www.gtrblog.com/index.php/200...livery-?blog=4

Could this be true? A pair of brand new pre-delivery GT-Rs at the Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove, WI, USA on the weekend. These cars were still completely covered in interior plastics and are said to have arrived to the drag strip wearing dealer tags.
If it is, surely these can’t be sold to unassuming customers as brand new cars!?
Be careful if you’re buying one of these in Southeastern WI or Northern Illinois/Chicago areas. You will want to verify the delivery mileage as well as general tire condition and so forth.
Thanks to Nick who shot these photos for passing them along to us.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !

Old 09-25-2008, 12:13 PM
prpsebuilt is an unknown quantity at this point
They can keep them at that trap speed.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:56 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
lo0ol WTF :P

Old 10-02-2008, 02:20 PM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by prpsebuilt
They can keep them at that trap speed.
Yeah...because a brand new GTR driven by a bunch of unskilled dealership employees is a "great" indication of what the car is really capable of.

You sure do alot of hating in your post regarding the GTR.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:43 PM
tnb1786 is on a distinguished road
^^^ +1

Old 10-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Just launch and go ... is there really that much more to it ? Maybe it was not in rq7>z41207458 launch mode stage 7 Look at my posts man I was one the advocates for a GTR forum. Also I was not happy with my z06 1/4 time as well, I guess I hate my z too. I drove a GTR and it is soo much easier to drive than most any other car out there. There is a little learning curve compared to most other 'supercars.'

Old 10-04-2008, 09:38 AM
JROW is on a distinguished road
It could definitely be true. Is it? I don't know. Don't forget the dealer principle owns the gtrs and can feel free to do whatever he wants to do with them or any other vehicle before selling.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Those Are Not GTRS!!!

If you look closley you can see the Ford emblem on the wheels..These are the new 2009 MustangGTR without a doubt

Old 10-06-2008, 05:51 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
There's good reason for this, don't ya think? when every magazine and fanboy on the planet is constantly touting this car as the second coming, and then it fails to perform as advertised, you damned right we're going to bash it.

Nissan has done the GT-R a HUGE dis-service, and I believe this car will eventually go down as a dire failure... The $20K busted trannys that are starting to filter out, and that page in the back of the owners manual for numbers of replacement transmissions is looming on the horizon!

This car is no GT2 beater... it's a nice 4000# street car with some major warts and build quality issues... Mark my words...

Mike

Originally Posted by rseven
Yeah...because a brand new GTR driven by a bunch of unskilled dealership employees is a "great" indication of what the car is really capable of.

You sure do alot of hating in your post regarding the GTR.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:23 AM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mikelly
There's good reason for this, don't ya think? when every magazine and fanboy on the planet is constantly touting this car as the second coming, and then it fails to perform as advertised, you damned right we're going to bash it.

Nissan has done the GT-R a HUGE dis-service, and I believe this car will eventually go down as a dire failure... The $20K busted trannys that are starting to filter out, and that page in the back of the owners manual for numbers of replacement transmissions is looming on the horizon!

This car is no GT2 beater... it's a nice 4000# street car with some major warts and build quality issues... Mark my words...

Mike
lol. ok.

I don't own one, but as a relatively unbaised person, I think it is safe to say it won't be seen as a failure. Not sure if it will be a "GT2" beater or not, but the damn thing is under $80k new. For those who can afford a $80k car, its a great option. Not sure what is faster for less. Money no object, I'm sure there are better things out there. Its not like porsche has never made a car that had failure issues.

IMO, porsche should be ignoring the GTR noise and focus on other cars in its price catagory. With the exception of the uber car nut, I can't imagine many people are really choosing between buying a GTR and a GT2 anyway...

Matt

Old 10-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Matt, at $20K per tranny replacement (you can't repair them, they must be replaced) it WILL be a failure, especially when you're looking at them starting to fail at less than 2K miles. Being a hit in the press and actually being a hit you can use as advertised are two totally different things... Try and get the performance numbers Nissan claims without voiding the warranty... Can't do it... The consumer version of this car is NOT what Skyline fans were promised... Not even close.

Mike

Old 10-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Matt, at $20K per tranny replacement (you can't repair them, they must be replaced) it WILL be a failure, especially when you're looking at them starting to fail at less than 2K miles. Being a hit in the press and actually being a hit you can use as advertised are two totally different things... Try and get the performance numbers Nissan claims without voiding the warranty... Can't do it... The consumer version of this car is NOT what Skyline fans were promised... Not even close.

Mike
Well said.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Let's put it a "better" way for those who are more "roadcourse" oriented like Matt...

I bought a USED 2001 996TT in Feb 2007. I did HPDEs 13 days in 2007, and an additional 15 days in 2008, starting in intermediate and ending in advanced. Here's what I "broke" during that time...

one drop link, passengers rear.

Corded two tires.

Killed 2 rotors before upgrading to 6 piston calpers and 350MM rotors/pads.

one groundhog at 137MPH.

Wonder if I'd have been able to get 28 track days out of a "GT-R"?

Old 10-07-2008, 12:22 AM
RandomName is on a distinguished road
where are the sources that indicate that the transmissions are failing at 2k miles?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer caught drag racing brand new GT-Rs???