Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Nissan GT-R SpecV unveiled!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 02:18 AM
KraZy007 will become famous soon enoughKraZy007 will become famous soon enough
Man I've always thought the GT-R looked pretty nice, but for some reason, that picture of the Spec V makes the car look absolutely hideous!

Old 02-18-2009, 03:00 AM
gp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
weight distribution is 53/47. but this doesn't display its balance...

it's about $45k - $50k more. i agree the price difference is large, but is it worth it? if you track the car, i'd say yes. if you don't - it is pointless.
53/47 is nothing to be ashamned off. The GT2 sports an astonishingly off kilter 38/62 w.d. and it's an absolute weapon.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:04 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
rear bias is not bad, in fact its what provides Porsches with amazing traction out of the corners, and in a straight line.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:23 AM
KraZy007 will become famous soon enoughKraZy007 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by germeezy1
rear bias is not bad, in fact its what provides Porsches with amazing traction out of the corners, and in a straight line.
And braking...think about weight distribution under braking.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
You know every mid engined car I have driven had a fine line between stable and totally loosing it. The front and rear engined cars have always been more predictable to me, not necessarily better, just more predictable.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:12 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
You know every mid engined car I have driven had a fine line between stable and totally loosing it. The front and rear engined cars have always been more predictable to me, not necessarily better, just more predictable.
lol! i've noticed the exact opposite. perhaps we have two different styles of driving.

but then again, i've never pushed the limits of any car until a few months ago, so you're probably better versed in that area.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:58 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I tend to like front mid engine cars, but then I only dream about the traction off the line that cars like the rear weight biased 599 GTB have.

And I forgot about the braking, it also allows cars to use more of a rear brake bias than normal.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:14 AM
gtKnight will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
You gotta be kidding. The GTR at $80k with no markup is a great deal for the performance you get. At $160k? I don't think so. I don't care what kind of SPEC it is.
Yeah, a 160k Nissan is pretty steep.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:51 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
again, for like the fourth time. in japan their base model is over $100k.

the equivalent for us sale (which doesn't look probable) would be closer to $125-$130k.

and people said the same thing about the zr-1 - "it's too much for a chevy". i'd leave it up to the consumers to make that judgement. if it's too much, then it won't sell. but i don't think that's a safe bet. they are only going to be making a few hundred of these, so it probably won't last long.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:31 AM
monaroCountry will become famous soon enough
It is too much, especially when they havent beefed up the fragile transmission.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
It is too much, especially when they havent beefed up the fragile transmission.
i thought this as well, when i saw that they are increasing boost and not making accommodations with the transmissions...

but since then, there have been a lot of gt-r's with over 500whp with no transmission problems.

i personally have over 500lb-ft tq at the wheels (with my tune) and i haven't had any issues either. i push it regularly.

apparently the strength of the transmission isn't the problem, it might be related to the programming of the transmission itself. john at samurai speed has been shedding a lot of light on this issue (launched his from a stop hundreds of times with over 600whp on drag radials, and finally broke after a 10.5sec run).

Old 02-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
AutoWeek reported the MSRP being over $150k. Also, IMO, it should be sold through Infiniti dealers. A big mistake not to.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:08 PM
well nissan is meeting their mark, and it only matters to badge snobs...

so either way, nissan doesn't care.

Old 02-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
well nissan is meeting their mark, and it only matters to badge snobs...

so either way, nissan doesn't care.
I've called on many Nissan and Infiniti dealers. The differences between the two are vast. It was a big mistake from a customer, service and customer retention standpoint.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:57 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
Nissan dealers in North america was totally not used to selling such high performance car at such price point. even though infiniti wouldnt have been better, but at least they are used to selling cars nearing its price point (Q45)

either way, the Spec V is really not worth it... future variant would be much better, the R35 is still too infant compare to the R34 which was already on the market for 10 years.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan GT-R SpecV unveiled!