Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

matching lower sections

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 10:28 PM
rocdok is a jewel in the roughrocdok is a jewel in the roughrocdok is a jewel in the roughrocdok is a jewel in the rough
matching lower sections

Hey, after seeing Mx3speeds amazing looking car, I got to seriously thinking about copying the lower matching paint on my super silver GTR. I've done several photoshop comparo's. (not an expert, but gives an idea) My issue is that i'm not convinced about painting the front as it takes away from the matching black theme. So, I'm hoping i can get opinions from you about whether i can get away with painting the sides and back and leaving the front bumper black?? The white car looks good to me in the front, but the silver i'm not sure.

Attached Images      
Old 12-08-2010, 10:30 PM
rocdok is a jewel in the roughrocdok is a jewel in the roughrocdok is a jewel in the roughrocdok is a jewel in the rough
sorry, i meant also to say, and it hopefully is obvious....that the side pics include the whole side silver versus black versus the side front bumper left black....

Old 12-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Lateral G is on a distinguished road
yes, looks ALOT better and classier to boot!
Stop hesitating and do it. If I decide to grab a GTR, first stop will be the tint shop, followed by the wheel shop and then straight to the body shop. That black lower plastic really turns me off.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:11 PM
thx, one for one...here's one more pic set

Attached Images   
Old 12-15-2010, 10:16 PM
checked into doing the lowers with vinyl....in Vancouver BC. They want 6000 to do the whole car and 3000 to just do the lowers- i've emailed back to see if he's made a mistake....yikes

Old 12-16-2010, 10:20 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Looks great!

Old 12-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
I have a white GTR. I went back and forth on whether to paint the lowers or not for a few weeks. I finally pulled the trigger, and am 100% glad I did. It automatically makes the car look lower, as well, its a much cleaner look in my opinion.
Go for it.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:29 PM
thanks a heap for the feedback. I just got another email from the wrap dude (i questioned his price) and he misunderstood my request and i'm waiting now on the price for this. (hope) I'll post that when i know for the sake of posting....

Old 12-16-2010, 11:04 PM
Dude says can't get vinyl in super silver and said would have to paint...1100 for the sides and rear or 1300 for sides front and back....gonna shop around.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:10 PM
ps, Kevin do you have an opinion on leaving the front lip black while painting the sides and back silver-i'd pm you but i only have 13 posts.....thx

Old 12-17-2010, 01:11 AM
Lateral G is on a distinguished road
Dude, just paint it. It'd be much cheaper the have the lower portion painted than wrapped in Vinyl.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:23 AM
i agree 100%, except that the vinyl would have been easy to remove (so i'm told)......

Old 12-17-2010, 09:08 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Now that I look at the front, I would agree not to paint.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Thx, I'm pretty set on that now....canalways paint later....or Unpaint

Old 12-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by rocdok
ps, Kevin do you have an opinion on leaving the front lip black while painting the sides and back silver-i'd pm you but i only have 13 posts.....thx
I actually prefer the front painted. If you don't paint it, at least get a carbon front lip.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: matching lower sections