Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Switzer tune or AMS tune???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Est8esq will become famous soon enoughEst8esq will become famous soon enough
Switzer tune or AMS tune???

It's been a while since I've posted and glad to be back.
I'm finally turning in my '05 TTS and trading in for a 2012 GT-R.
As I now start getting involved in the GT-R world, I was pleasantly surprised to see my boy, Tym already lurking in the Nissan arena as he had already tweaked my 911 to 508 hp at the wheels.
I'm not looking to go nuts just yet w/ the new 2012 and considering either the AMS 9 or the Switzer intro tuning package.

I've tried looking to see if there were any threads already on this subject, but couldn't find one.

True to form, I saw a post where Tym was complimenting his professional colleagues from AMS and given his immediate location and prior dealings and legs up on Switzer, so was more curious than anything?

Old 03-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Feel free to call or email me to discuss.

I would say Tym is doing a little more than lurking in the Nissan arena...

Old 03-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I'm sure AMS would do a fine job, burt definitely Switzer...expecially considering the fact that you have previous experience with them and you are also in Ohio.

My Switzer tuned P600 GT-R was perfect. My best friend (who bought it from me) drives it nearly every day without issue.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:36 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Quick question - is the v3 software stable for '09's (so I can tune it, and not have to uninstall the AP when taking it in to the dealer for the annual engine balancing)? Also, does the new v3 allow the quick retunes (much shorter reprogram time vs 10 minutes), and instant tune changes with the cruise control button?

If so, do you recommend upgrading from v2 to v3 tunes?

(Forgive me, this was the first post I found about the AP, and I don't feel it warrants its own thread)

Old 04-04-2011, 12:01 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Sounds like I may try this next week.

For now, I'm going to try the v3 canned stage 2 tune (Y-pipe only). I may request another custom tune for it.

I'm not going to go nuts, until after my warranty is gone.

Could you please tell me how to switch maps? This is something I've considered to be useful.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Baileyde is on a distinguished road
There's a sick switzer GTR here in Boulder:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...434&highlight=

Old 04-08-2011, 08:23 PM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
^^^is that jackoftrades?

Old 04-10-2011, 09:36 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
I haven't gotten my car back from Switzer so I couldn't tell you about drivability just yet, but what I can tell you is that I haven't to this point experienced better customer service and most professionalism from any tuner I have encountered than Switzer, and I have been around the block and in communication with many tuners having owned Vets, Vipers, Lambos, GTRs, etc.

GL

Last edited by SCvet00; 04-10-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:25 PM
TrunkIntheFront is on a distinguished road
You Honestly Cant Go Wrong With Both But if i had to choose personally i would choose AMS by a Hair