Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

My life with the GT-R aka My expensive test drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 01:03 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
True! It did get better mileage with it on though.
Pretty much like driving the tt without having the "sport" button on. I'm in a sports car, don't I always want it on "sport"! Nissan just did it differently and left it on sport all the time. (Realizing please that this us a bit of sarcasm- the modes in the 2 cars aren't quite comparable). Yet it is the case that lag on the tt is greatly reduced running in sport mode.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:32 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3
True! It did get better mileage with it on though.
Pretty much like driving the tt without having the "sport" button on. I'm in a sports car, don't I always want it on "sport"! Nissan just did it differently and left it on sport all the time. (Realizing please that this us a bit of sarcasm- the modes in the 2 cars aren't quite comparable). Yet it is the case that lag on the tt is greatly reduced running in sport mode.
Understood. And agreed!

Why would I ever want it (sport mode) off?

Reminds me of the silly Honda commercial mentioning the 'econ' button, and how the shoppers were only interested in one button. The sales guy was pitching them on buttons, more buttons, and buttons that have buttons... The Civic is a car with an 'econ' button.

All I could think was, if the shoppers were that particular about mileage, why couldn't they find a vehicle that is always economical, and doesn't a gimmicky button to point that out?

Old 05-29-2013, 08:08 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Thanks all for the rep points on the article. Glad some people have found it informative.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:05 AM
Former Vendor
RepublicWraps is on a distinguished road
Very Informative thanks for the write up. Good to know

Old 06-05-2013, 03:50 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
i gotta say i was in the same situation a few years ago except i almost bought the gtr...pulled out on it and bought a 997TT...never looked back

Old 06-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by handdoc
i gotta say i was in the same situation a few years ago except i almost bought the gtr...pulled out on it and bought a 997TT...never looked back
If only I had done that! Would have saved me thousands!

Old 06-06-2013, 08:32 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3
If only I had done that! Would have saved me thousands!
lol! It's all about perspective... I bought a GT-R instead of a Turbo, and I saved tens of thousands!

Old 06-08-2013, 04:08 PM
DADDY is infamous around these partsDADDY is infamous around these parts
My wife no longer wants to sit in the car for extended long drive in my Tecnocraft carbon fiber bucket because of her back problem. I really do miss my stock recaros. As for the droning of the exhaust, my GTR is now synchronized with even louder turbo whining noise accompanied by the hissing noise from the dual 2000CC fuel pump.

Even after dyno mat the entire car the noise is still there. After getting her back from complete ultimate dodson tranny overhaul with Pfhizner 1-6 PPG it is even louder when the tranny is jumping to engage the next gear.

She is currently running three different maps at 18, 23, and 28 PSI on pump gas. I am currently getting 758, 825, and 910+ HP to the wheel. Remember one can't achieve such number without a complete engine treatment. My engine is currently bore and stroked to 4.2L. However when I put her in the automode, the tranny shifts like peaches and cream. Almost felt like driving a Civic when you only depressed 1/4 of the pedal.

I am getting 8.9 MPG which is well worth it because of the violent yet pleasant feeling I get from driving a well built GTR.

The above description probably would set OP over the edge and straight to the loony bin. As for me, I enjoy every second of it when I take my baby out for a spin. In the end it is the personal preference that sets everyone apart. If you have the means for owning a stock GTR you should jump on it immediately. Pound for pound and $ per HP puts the Nissan GTR as the most affordable supercar on the market. By upgrading the ECU alone will get you over 600+HP to the wheels and instant satisfaction.

That experience is a must have because you only live once. In the end the feeling is some what violent and yet pleasant when you get behind the wheel of the well kept secret from the land of the rising sun has to offer.

Last edited by DADDY; 06-08-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:56 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DADDY
My wife no longer wants to sit in the car for extended long drive in my Tecnocraft carbon fiber bucket because of her back problem. I really do miss my stock recaros. As for the droning of the exhaust, my GTR is now synchronized with even louder turbo whining noise accompanied by the hissing noise from the dual 2000CC fuel pump.

Even after dyno mat the entire car the noise is still there. After getting her back from complete ultimate dodson tranny overhaul with Pfhizner 1-6 PPG it is even louder when the tranny is jumping to engage the next gear.

She is currently running three different maps at 18, 23, and 28 PSI on pump gas. I am currently getting 758, 825, and 910+ HP to the wheel. Remember one can't achieve such number without a complete engine treatment. My engine is currently bore and stroked to 4.2L. However when I put her in the automode, the tranny shifts like peaches and cream. Almost felt like driving a Civic when you only depressed 1/4 of the pedal.

I am getting 8.9 MPG which is well worth it because of the violent yet pleasant feeling I get from driving a well built GTR.

The above description probably would set OP over the edge and straight to the loony bin. As for me, I enjoy every second of it when I take my baby out for a spin. In the end it is the personal preference that sets everyone apart. If you have the means for owning a stock GTR you should jump on it immediately. Pound for pound and $ per HP puts the Nissan GTR as the most affordable supercar on the market. By upgrading the ECU alone will get you over 600+HP to the wheels and instant satisfaction.

That experience is a must have because you only live once. In the end the feeling is some what violent and yet pleasant when you get behind the wheel of the well kept secret from the land of the rising sun has to offer.
And the Nissan Salesman said:

"Press the ballpoint pen hard, you're making 3 copies"

Old 06-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by HotHonda
And the Nissan Salesman said:

"Press the ballpoint pen hard, you're making 3 copies"
That is to keep online forums from excessive clutter, from threads like "Why do my high performance brakes squeal so much on my Panamera/Cayenne/911?" or "I just purchased a GT3 as a daily driver, but I think it is too rough."

That form is make sure the dealer covered the necessary information that is unique to the car.

Shame that doesn't happen for other cars.

(Was that the point you were making?)

Old 06-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
That is to keep online forums from excessive clutter, from threads like "Why do my high performance brakes squeal so much on my Panamera/Cayenne/911?" or "I just purchased a GT3 as a daily driver, but I think it is too rough."

That form is make sure the dealer covered the necessary information that is unique to the car.

Shame that doesn't happen for other cars.

(Was that the point you were making?)
I was suggesting OP to get the most out of his GTR. Nissan GTR symbolize the paramount of Japanese automotive industry (let's not forget the LFA from Toyota) with an affordable price tag. GTR symbolize Japan like the Great Bald Eagle symbolize USA.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:25 AM
I was suggesting OP to get the most out of his GTR. Nissan GTR symbolize the paramount of Japanese automotive industry (let's not forget the LFA from Toyota) with an affordable price tag. GTR symbolize Japan like the Great Bald Eagle symbolize USA.
Oh, I know. I was wondering what the poster responding to your post was implying.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Hothonda should read the entire thread.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Right. interesting input. While I hear all the comments about the gtr as a platform to mod at a reasonable cost, those arguments don't help if one wants a car that is DRIVABLE. I note your wife doesn't go in the car anymore. Well, you're car is very fast, but it's basically a race car. A street car is multi purpose. I only wanted to illustrate a lot of the gtr limitations, many of which are not known to the potential buyer. The ability to get 900 hp at a reasonable cost seems widely known! Daddy, I suspect the gtr is your 2nd car, 3rd car, maybe 4th car? !

Old 06-10-2013, 12:41 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Hothonda should read the entire thread.
My comment was implying you'd be a very good salesman to anyone who's inclined on the GTR.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My life with the GT-R aka My expensive test drive