Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

My Prediction on the R36 GT-R

Old 03-03-2017, 01:27 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
My Prediction on the R36 GT-R

I'm sure everyone saw it already, but the Infiniti Q60 Black S concept has been announced with a F1 style KERS hybrid system. Nissan already hinted the new GT-R will be a hybrid, but I think that's a pretty strong hint it will have the same KERS hybrid system. I hope Porsche has some technologies up their sleeve. Perhaps KERS or a capacitor type system for corner exit thrust in addition to a small lithium ion pack for sustained thrust.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...f1-partnership

Old 06-21-2017, 01:27 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
I'm sure everyone saw it already, but the Infiniti Q60 Black S concept has been announced with a F1 style KERS hybrid system. Nissan already hinted the new GT-R will be a hybrid, but I think that's a pretty strong hint it will have the same KERS hybrid system. I hope Porsche has some technologies up their sleeve. Perhaps KERS or a capacitor type system for corner exit thrust in addition to a small lithium ion pack for sustained thrust.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...f1-partnership
Yeah, several years ago Nissan made public their partnership with Williams (I think, same company as F-1 team) to help develop hybrid system for next gen GT-R. I'm anticipating a break between R35 and R36.

But a couple years ago - when Mizuno was exiting - Nissan's new GT-R Chief stated there would be hybrid and non-hybrid versions (hinting at multiple trim levels - which went against Mizuno's philosophy of one main trim level).

Then there was talk about a 3.0 with electic motors, and the KERS you pointed out. Now, I'm not sure what to expect. The GT-R usually increments in 100HP levels (from R32 NISMO 300, R33 NISMO 400, R34 Z-Tune 500HP, and now R35 NISMO is 600HP. Next step is 700HP. I could fully see a jump above that being the hybrid can be used to such a performance advantage (which has been the main focus for the GT-R since its inception - vs comfort, etc...).

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.