Bay area guys that use Tire Rack - tires & install shop recs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 10:03 AM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by benaslan
I have had a few tire changes on a few cars since my last post on this thread. My best experience has been with America's Tire Co on Hamilton in Campbell. The shop I've been taking my 911 to did the most recent tire change on the 911 and they did a great job, got the tires next day and price was competitive, but I am erects sure either of these will either match the price, or install the tires and/or wheels you have shipped to them.

So, again, my two recommendations are:

America's Tire Co (they have serviced my 911 plenty-including fixing a flat)
Flintworks in Campbell - Alden - done a lot on the 911 including all maintenance, tires, they had my rims powdrcoated-turned out great....

Best of luck!
Thanks so much for coming back to this thread and providing your feedback. I'm a PCA GG region member and Flintworks is one of the sponsors, maybe I will give them a try.

I have had great experiences and price matching from America's Tires on Brokaw Road - but we have only used them for stock wheels on our other cars and not the 911: I will use the one you referenced above as backup to Flintworks.

Many thanks again..

Old 06-28-2013, 01:28 AM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by vg247
Thanks so much for coming back to this thread and providing your feedback. I'm a PCA GG region member and Flintworks is one of the sponsors, maybe I will give them a try.

I have had great experiences and price matching from America's Tires on Brokaw Road - but we have only used them for stock wheels on our other cars and not the 911: I will use the one you referenced above as backup to Flintworks.

Many thanks again..
Just an update here for anyone else who may benefit from this thread in the future - spoke to Fintworks and they indicated the don't mount 30 series tires and referred me to Wheelworks down the street from them. Very honest and like the fact that they did this rather than accept the job and ruin my wheels.

I think I'm going to take my wheel install to Five Points as there has not been any negative reviews about them (though it will be a long drive for me up there).

My other option is Borelli which is closer but haven't heard much about them and tire installs..

Old 12-07-2014, 01:24 AM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
I stumbled upon this thread searching for shop to mount a set of HRE's I have on order. It seems that a number of key folks left Custom Alignment to start up their own shop, Performance Technic in Dublin. Just a FYI, I'm not associated with these guys at all.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:32 PM
pirahna is on a distinguished road
I like the guys at Borelli Motor Sports in Santa Clara, the alignment guy was the resident Porsche alignment guy at Custom Alignment before.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:34 PM
kpl
kpl is on a distinguished road
TrackSpec in Fremont. Jon used to be at Dietsch Werks and opened up this shop a few months ago. They got all the latest equipment and are setup with TireRack.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:13 PM
inversionlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Bumping this thread back up. Looks like the last post was in 2014....

I have a 2008 Aston V8 Vantage that needs some new Tires. I was thinking of going tire rack route and looking for a local Norcal installer and perhaps a place to get the wheels powder coated / painted in the process (as there is a bit of the original finish peeling off).

www.trackspecauto.com/ seems to get some good comments above
as does GRIFFIN MOTORWERKE INC in Berkeley. http://www.g-werke.com

Anyone have good experience with a local shop they care to relay? Thanks!

Old 04-24-2017, 04:11 PM
benaslan is a name known to allbenaslan is a name known to allbenaslan is a name known to allbenaslan is a name known to allbenaslan is a name known to allbenaslan is a name known to all
My wheels were powder coated by Wheel Techniques 4 years ago and they still look great, except for inside the lug holes where America's Tire messed them up with their power tools.

They always did a great job for me up until that happened.

Since then, I've been taking my car to Goodyear in Los Gatos. They do a great job there and they'll accept tires delivered to them.

A lot of local shops work with Wheel Techniques, so you may want to ask a shop so you don't have to go to two places.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:47 AM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
For wheel repair/painting, Kris at Curbside Wheel Repair is excellent. He comes to your location: http://www.curbsidewheelrepair.com/?...FUVAhgodioUOqQ

I use Wheel Works in Campbell but I don't pay as close attention as you guys on our daily drivers. But the guys there are good. A black with red trim 570S was there recently.

Hankook Ventus V12s were very good on my Charger SRT-8 and I've been using Kumhos that have been very good on my 335d. I drive hard as well.